Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 15,227 times

Advertisements

Can anyone from Chula Vista let me know about these apartments (they seem to be a good bargain for me) ? I am mainly worried about residential/neighborhood safety. If any one can give me some info (about any of the apartments mentioned below), that will be greatly appreciated.

Seawind Apartments
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Sunset Villa
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Villa Seville
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Villa Granada
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Villa Napoli
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Sunbow Villas
Chula Vista, CA 91911

The Villages At Bonita Glen
Chula Vista, CA 91910

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 03:50 PM

87 posts, read 476,056 times
Villages at Bonita Glen: probably the nicest area on your list
Sunbow Villas: don't know where that is at
Seawind, Sunset Villa, Villa Seville, Villa Granada, and Villa Napoli: those are not bad neighborhoods...I knew a couple of people who lived in Villa Napoli they were fine with it; I visited once and it seemed like a nice complex; I walked by Seawind every day to work, also seemed like a nice complex...too many families with kids for my taste; if I lived in one of those complexes I would ask for a quiet unit away from the pool and courtyard.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,112 times
Seawind Apartments
Chula Vista, CA 91911

A little rough,minor crime in and around

Sunset Villa
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Same for these

Villa Seville
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Same for these

Villa Granada
Chula Vista, CA 91911

A little better but not by much

Villa Napoli
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Not too great

Sunbow Villas
Chula Vista, CA 91911

Not that bad

The Villages At Bonita Glen
Chula Vista, CA 91910

Looking into them for myself and so far like them.But most of the places you listed are places I would not move to.There just not great,have a higher crime rate and most of the areas have a crime/gang presence.I lived in the Southwest area of CV for 9 years and then the SouthCentral area for another 9 so I know that area pretty well.Where are you going to work,how much are you willing to spend,do you want urban or non urban and do you want a place that is around everything or somewhat secluded?Come back with answers and we can give you better options on areas and maybe even find a complex for you to live in.

Thanks[/quote]

Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 PM

489 posts, read 1,956,232 times
I used to do volunteer work back in 2000 or so, and there used to be a very high population of seniors in Sunset Villa, Villa Napoli, and Seawind, which makes them quiet, of course, other than the occasional 911 ambulance call coming in. According to what JK says, though, it sounds like maybe the seniors are long gone and things are a bit rougher.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I will be working in Goodrich and was looking for something near but the east of 805 (@jksouthbay as many of you have mentioned is good. I have read all the posts by most of you) seems a little bit expensive for me at the start [I was hoping to find something in the range of 900-1000].

I even considered some of the apartments in santee (which many said is safe) which is around 20 miles from Goodrich.

I do not know what you mean by urban explicitly, but I am mainly looking for a 1br in a safe neighborhood, even if it means secluded or non-urban or elderly people (I woudnt mind much as long as someone is not breaking-in ).

Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 AM

8 posts, read 22,317 times
im trying to move to the san diego area and im having a difficult time knowing whats good and not...nieghborhood wise as well. im not sure where you live now but any info about thee sd area would be great, both available places and the cost.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:22 AM

Any idea about Bonita Heights or Bonita cedar apartments ? Help

Old 03-19-2009, 09:11 AM

10 posts, read 26,787 times
Canyon, Pinnacle,

Old 03-19-2009, 05:01 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
I used to do volunteer work back in 2000 or so, and there used to be a very high population of seniors in Sunset Villa, Villa Napoli, and Seawind, which makes them quiet, of course, other than the occasional 911 ambulance call coming in. According to what JK says, though, it sounds like maybe the seniors are long gone and things are a bit rougher.
Eahhh
There are still lots of seniors in these places but as of 2002 more and more younger renters/teens&kids moved in.About half of the places listed are ok places themselves,it's just some parts of the SouthCentral or SW areas have some minor problems.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:23 PM

349 posts, read 1,544,554 times
Sunbow Villas is in a decent area. They used to be condos. They are near Sunbow homes, The Veteran's Home, nice parks, Sharp Hospital and some very nice parks in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego