Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 02:12 AM

4 posts, read 12,208 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

We are quite new to San Diego and getting ready to buy our fist home. We found a house we like in Poway, beautiful house, but I am not sure about the neighborhood. It is on a Southwest corner of Community Rd and Twin Peaks Rd. Looks like OK middle class neighborhood to me. I was looking for more info everywhere, but was unable to find. Any of you know anything about that specific area of Poway (I know overall it is one of the best places to live around there, but I am interested in hearing more about the specific neighborhood, not the city overall).
Thanks so much!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 04:29 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,287,809 times
Poway is a great plus their school system is top notch. Even if you don't have kids that still means a higher resale value down the road.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:42 AM

Hi, I know that overall Poway is a great town and school are very very good. But my concern is not Poway overall but just that specific neighborhood. We have a baby and I want her to grow up in save environment, as we know every city or town have not so safe areas and I want to make sure that intersection of Community and Twin Peaks Roads is safe area.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:08 PM

9,521 posts, read 30,349,200 times
It is the older part of Poway (south of Twin peaks and east of Community rd) and some of the homes are not very well-kept, dirt lawns, etc.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 PM

Hi, the house we're looking (west of Community, south of Twin Peaks) is very well maintained. Extensive upgrades throughout I mean kitchen, bathrooms, floors, very nice outside - that is what attracting us, because price is also good, other homes in the neighborhood very from very nicely maintained, to average, to not so good looking.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 PM

9,521 posts, read 30,349,200 times
West of community is nice, much nicer than the east side of community. I wouldn't worry about crime in that area. However in all older areas you will have the occasional guy who works on his car in the driveway, or kids shooting hoops and riding skateboards, etc. Some people can't stand that kind of thing and then others don't care at all.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 PM

Thanks for your reply it makes me feel better ! skateboards and hoops do not bother me, and I guess you could have neighbors with active teenagers just about anywhere. We have been living in the apartment or condominium complexes ever since we moved to the US (8 years now), so just not having to share walls with anyone is exciting enough.. hehe..

Old 04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
dls

90 posts, read 410,483 times
How is the fire-danger situation in Poway?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:00 PM

6,418 posts, read 11,542,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
How is the fire-danger situation in Poway?
That part of Poway isn't as close to the open areas, so it's not as vulnerable as the areas that burned in 2007. But all of San Diego is vulnerable to fire.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:50 AM

250 posts, read 908,367 times
Poway has the best school district in the entire county so resale of homes tend to be much higher there than anywhere else. That area is fine, most of poway/rancho bernardo and carmel mtn ranch have safe, well maintained areas. Fire danger is the same in pway as anywhere else off the 15. We used to live right in the area you talk about, its near shopping (target) and have well maintained homes. Mainly families...that neighborhood goes NUTs for xmas (with lights that is).
Have a good move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego