Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:44 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
This was an isolated incident, not all of San Diego is racist, not even close. But I would be concerned for a black family moving into an all white neighborhood in Santee and Lakeside. They do have a bunch of backwards racist living out there, I too have seen some rednecks driving around with Confederate flags flying so high up and out of the their trucks, that it was a distraction and a road hazard to everyone driving. There is no need for anybody to wave a Confederate flag in California no matter what, that is a sign of racism out here. You go fly that crap in the South where it's accepted.
Yes and it crazy to see that out here. It happens though especially in East County...mainly in East County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 07:03 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,281 times
Honestly, I think the Compton Cookout made African Americans at that school look like the bad guys. Why? Because afterward they presented a list of Demands that they wanted to have implemented. Hypothetically, if you want to get along with another group or groups of people, you don't demand anything. That's like demanding a person to like you. That doesn't reduce racism, that just masks it because people are subverting to your demands by trying to be PC. Besides the fact that a good portion of the black students at UCSD have no idea what the hood is like either, as they've been brought up in middle class families as well.

I'm really surprised Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson weren't on the campus giving press conferences. They're the first people that I thought would be speaking up.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:28 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times
Yeah where is Al and Jesse? Well just today someone found a noose in the schools library. Now that is going way too far, I don't know if the student was trying to be funny again, or acted because he or she really is a racist and only wanted to add to the fire storm. But that is wrong, nooses period, once represented a horrible time for African Americans, and is unacceptable in my book.

This is getting out of hand, I hope people don't start rioting over this, but after the noosing incident I wouldn't be surprised if some fights break out.

I think certain prestigious colleges across the country tend to have this sense of superiority among others, and since UCSD has such an extremely low black population enrollment and other racial minorities, it's like it gives white students a reason to do something like this.

I don't think SDSU has these kind of problems, it has much more diversity of people, and is less of a snobbish school. .

Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
I don't think SDSU has these kind of problems, it has much more diversity of people, and is less of a snobbish school. .
SDSU has it's own problems, like rapes and alcohol poisonings and frats dealing drugs.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
SDSU has it's own problems, like rapes and alcohol poisonings and frats dealing drugs.
I was visiting a friend of mine two weeks ago who lives on Campus and can attest to at least these last two statements for sure.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,281 times
actually we can attest to all three. Just google it. A couple of years ago one or two frats got busted for a drug ring. Many people have died at SDSU from alcohol poisoning and rapes there are a dime a dozen.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 AM

231 posts, read 639,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Racism is alive and kicking. It was only the other day UCSD has problems with the "compton cook out". There's a lot of hidden racism in San Diego, which I experienced.
You realize the person who threw the party was black?

Old 02-28-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
actually we can attest to all three. Just google it. A couple of years ago one or two frats got busted for a drug ring. Many people have died at SDSU from alcohol poisoning and rapes there are a dime a dozen.
Oh yeah, not denying it at all. The rapes just weren't the part I experienced as I went around that campus getting to my friends place. I've heard of the rapes there though.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM

116 posts, read 251,406 times
Bro isn't used for black male here like in other areas. Bro here means the kind of Peter Pan like fratboy culture.

People in Santee aren't racist either. I have had many trysts with women from Santee.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:44 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
hahaha! This thread is hilarious! I went to school with many bros and they were all a**holes to any guy who wasn't like them or who didn't smoke weed or play sports. I hate them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego