Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 11:28 AM

73 posts, read 56,662 times

Advertisements

Really? Coronado at least has a very nice scenery.. If you want to think about something that boggles the mind, then what's so special about Beverly Hills?? I've driven passed it, and it's nothing like what the pictures show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 11:35 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
And all the really really rich people live in Ranch Santa Fe.
All the really really really people live in Fairbanks Ranch!

Old 09-20-2016, 03:04 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Who wouldn't rather live in FR over Coronado? Coronado is immensely overrated.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:52 PM

66 posts, read 53,256 times
FR has no beach, no bay. That's why I live in Nado! But if you prefer horses then.......

Old 09-22-2016, 09:59 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,389,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaboothsta View Post
Most of the rich people are actually Mexicans, but you can't tell because they are European-blooded Mexicans, so there goes your ethnicity claims.
That reminds of the time I went to a news stand on Coronado and saw that they stocked all the Mexican financial magazines and newspapers. Telenovela this or that, was no where to be seen, and I doubt they had been sold out.

A few months later, a Hispanic co-worker (multi generational San Diego) pointed out a condominium complex on the island to me as "Taco Tower". My feeling is that the tacos consumed there are not Tijuana street tacos.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:11 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
There is nothing quite like a Harrier jump jet taking off at o dark thirty to start your day

Old 09-22-2016, 11:48 AM

3,392 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Who wouldn't rather live in FR over Coronado? Coronado is immensely overrated.
I wouldn't say overrated. It is different for sure. For one Its luxury cars vs. thousand dollar bikes.

If you want gated secluded posh or land and horse ranch with no sign of neighbors than FR is the choice.

Coronado without a doubt has more of a "community" feel. Neighbors (actually seem to live in Nado 12 months of the year) are more connected with each other whether its annual garden competition or Spreckles Park Sunday entertainment on the lawn, or 4th of July community celebration.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:57 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is nothing quite like a Harrier jump jet taking off at o dark thirty to start your day
Being on it - bonus!

Old 03-09-2017, 05:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,811 times
I don't know where all of this bitterness comes from. Perhaps you're not looking at it the way many do. I lived in Coronado several years ago as a pay check to pay check single struggling mother (about your age then) in an ancient 1 bedroom apartment, definitely not a million dollar home next door to a Navy chief select and his GF. One if the happiest times of my life. I knew others on the island that had meager means also and felt the same way i did. We didnt live in luxury homes, but it was worth it. When I didn't live on the island, we went there often just to take a load off. My drive home from work every day across the bridge was like a breath if fresh air. I was always treated very well, by everyone I encountered (even the folks whom live in the multimillion dollar Condos overlooking the water). That was actually one of my favorite things about it; the lack of snooty-ness, considering the average income other than the Navy and the Corps singles and families. I think the military keeps most of the rich residents a little more humble and may even help keep some of the snots away. I also enjoy the fact that they take time to honor our service members. I was able to walk daily with my child over to the bay or the store or anywhere I wanted, go to the beach regularly and when I wanted to get out and enjoy city life, it's right on the other side of the bay. They have a lot of community events and the farmers market. Fireworks every night in the summer (at least they did last I knew). If you are a person that enjoys a quiet, safe neighborhood at home with extraordinarily low crime rates, but not be too far from the action, then Coronado is a fabulous place to live. If you are the type that craves constant noise and action around you and your home, Coronado will not make you happy. It is not as diverse as I'd like, but one shouldn't judge people because of the color of their skin (even if it's white), now should we? Not to mention there is so much action and diversity right across the bay to do Downtown. I spent plenty of time in the Gaslamp and other downtown spots, but also at the establishments on the island. Used to watch the young enlisted guys come piling out of the bar late at night from my front porch. Coronado does roll up the carpets fairly early, but there are a couple of decent places at night (I was always partial to Mc P's) and you can literally walk around any time of day or night comfortably. You can take the ferry or drive to SD and fight parking (the only time I had real problems with parking in Coronado on the street when I lived there were major holiday weekends, especially 4th of July. Then I can say I became a little bitter at living in a tourist town). My only other complaint was the bayside Park would be trashed Sunday evening/Monday morning after some not so environmentally concious (those are my nice words) people would come from elsewhere and picnic and leave dirty diapers, food wrappers, and every other bit of trash all over the park and the restrooms. I do know they've gotten a bit judgey about cigarette smokers there now, but I don't often smoke anymore, so not as huge a deal to me and last summer I got away with it in certain areas without dirty looks or being forced to put it out (for most people I think it's about courtesy and not throwing down butts). No place is perfect. My husband and I have talked about living there after the kids are grown and maybe we can afford it without living in a cracker jack box, but even if that never happens, we go there at least once or twice a year (we have a trip scheduled shortly with the kids), stay in the most modest accommodations and have a wonderful time every single time without spending much money at all. Just enjoying people, art, the water, a hot cup of coffee listening to breaking water and even a trip over to downtown for some loud fun. Maybe when you have children or you're old, like myself (late 30s), you will appreciate having a quiet, chill place for your family to rest their heads and the party on the other side of the proverbial "bay" instead of right next door. Hope this helps some of you folks gain a new appreciation, even if it's not your kind of town, it's a pretty good town.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:07 PM

3 posts, read 3,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trs27 View Post
Really? Coronado at least has a very nice scenery.. If you want to think about something that boggles the mind, then what's so special about Beverly Hills?? I've driven passed it, and it's nothing like what the pictures show.
Yes...I've been to Beverly Hills. It's definitely not a place I could live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego