Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegogolfer View Post
Care to elaborate on your unhappiness in Coronado Cays?

What will you find in Chula Vista that isn't in the Cays?
Yea. I lived in Chula Vista for a brief time as well before moving to Coronado. It was awful. I didn't even like to shop for regular household supplies near where I lived and it was no place I would have wanted to raise my children. I remember one area of Chula Vista being decent and very cookie cutter. The rest was yuck. Coronado may not be for everyone, and it may have a few elitists, but to make the jump from there to Chula Vista is surprising to me. Maybe some of it has changed since I was there. I would have gone back to IB over Chula Vista.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 09:50 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Lots of misunderstanding with Nado.

There is a presence of wealth. It is a small beach town that is safe, has great schools in a prime location. It was what you think of Southern California if you have never been here. Lots of Tourists of course, I think it has more transplants than most areas in SD and then some long time talking long time locals.

There are lots of folks on military stipends. There are some folks that inherited homes that were bought for next to nothing decades ago and are now sitting on gold mines. There are others probably sacrificing other items so they can live by the beach with great schools in a safe neighborhood. Of course some that have the income to support the lifestyle. It is not completely uber wealthy and home of the financial elite.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 PM

12 posts, read 11,774 times
I love to visit Coronado. But I admit, it's kind of sterile in some ways. It's not that it doesn't have personality, it does...it's just a safe, scenic, mild, sleepy and predictable personality.

Some people value that.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:46 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,569,001 times
Ocean Beach is much better. BUT, unfortunately like much of Sandy Eggo it is getting snooty, crowded and full of rude people and bloody expensive.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:05 PM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
That reminds of the time I went to a news stand on Coronado and saw that they stocked all the Mexican financial magazines and newspapers. Telenovela this or that, was no where to be seen, and I doubt they had been sold out.

A few months later, a Hispanic co-worker (multi generational San Diego) pointed out a condominium complex on the island to me as "Taco Tower". My feeling is that the tacos consumed there are not Tijuana street tacos.
Yes, I remember reading that Elba Esther Gordillo, corrupt Mexican politician and teacher union leader has a home on Coronado Island somewhere. One of Mexico's most hated (and ugly) woman.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,720 times
Default to: youngsandiegodude

Love how you had to specify “ I' am white myself (I'am as white as you can get: Irish w/ red hair)” but don’t like to be around so many white people (not any Irish I know). It seems to me you’re really the Young Detroit Dude, and not who you say you are. Well, Detroit is real diverse and people are real nice and it has second highest murder rate in the country. Is this what you want for Coronado? Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego