Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 PM

387 posts, read 2,126,492 times

Advertisements

I lived there for 3 years, and it was fine for what we (boyfriend and I) needed at the time. It was on the shuttle route (boyfriend attended UCSD) and that was helpful. La Regencia was close to everything, but most places in UTC are

Do you have a car? Parking sucked. We had 1 assigned space for 2 cars, so I spent half my life looking for parking. lol If you have one car in a 1 bedroom, you'll be ok.

If you move into La Regencia, you will want to have natural sunlight in your unit!!! We lived on the first floor of the 7655 building and it was DARK. We had a lot of issues with mold - especially the last year we were there. I wouldn't think a 3rd floor unit would have as many issues. We had a friend on the 2nd floor of our building, and he didn't have mold problems like we did.

Based on the reviews, a lot of people had issues with management, but we didn't have any problems. The maintenance guys were very nice and efficient. We never had to wait long for service calls.

I might be forgetting some things, but I'll post more if I remember them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:44 AM

16 posts, read 100,287 times
Thanks MiTaylor!

We do have an old car, and we are going to drive it down to San Diego from Colorado . I will try to take public transportation to work at UCSD, and my wife will drive to go to a different college.

I am also looking at a 2-story condo (1-bedroom/1bath) in the Venetian complex, I've heard lots of nice reviews about Venetian. The rent is $1400/month including HOA water and trash. I wonder if the Venetian complex would be a good choice.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:23 PM

387 posts, read 2,126,492 times
I don't know much about Venetian, except that they were converted to condos a year or so ago. The place is very nice on the outside! $1400 is a great price for the area - especially with water and trash included!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 AM

16 posts, read 100,287 times
Does anybody know whether the Costa Verde Village apartments are family friendly or not? We are going to have a new baby in this summer.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,983 times
I have a one bedroom condo for rent in the Venetian complex, near UTC, La Jolla. It is a great place! Fully upgraded with granite kitchen, newer appliances, washer dryer onsite, and much much more! Great location, near UCSD, malls, grocery, freeway. Renting for $1,300 per month with 1 year lease. Available immediately. Will not charge rent for month of May. Call 310-370-7160 and ask for Dolly.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 AM

6,418 posts, read 11,554,192 times
Zombie thread.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,983 times
Smile 1 bedroom apt for rent in Venetian Complex UTC La Jolla

I have a 1 bedroom apt for rent in the Venetian complex in UTC La Jolla area. Close to UCSD, shopping, beaches, freeways. It is a beautiful place, fully upgraded, with granite kitchen, washer dryer onsite and much more! Rent is $1,275 per month with 1 year lease. Available for immediate move in. Any one interested can call at 310-370-7160 and ask for Dolly or Rima.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: