Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,603 times

Advertisements

Hello

My names Jared i'm a college student I just moved here from Virginia about two weeks ago.The First week was the "honeymoon" But that got old VERY quick & the home sick has really set in.. I'm a college student looking to meet new people..I'm openly gay and have a Bf. It's VERY hard for me to meet new people because I am shy until i get to know you well iwould really like to meet new people and if you are interested in talking more feel free to hit me up You can never have TOO many friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 09:43 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
go to hillcrest.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times
First off, welcome to San Diego

Secondly, - Dude, two weeks and your expecting a welcoming party of new friends and adventures coming way? come on... ;-)

Anyplace is going to be hard to meet new friends and San Diego is no exception. Since school is probably out for you that obvious avenue for meeting new friends will have to wait, you are going to have to ease in to the city in your own way. Find a local popular coffee house or pub, go on a Mtn Bike ride in the canyons, swim the cove- - walk and explore neighborhoods so that you will have some first-hand perceptions and experiences when you meet folks from these areas to start talking to them.

You are no longer in Virginia, do those things you can only do in San Diego- the exhilarating smile on your face when you get slammed by a wave while body surfing will make you forget it takes a while to meet friends, but when you are enjoying life you'll meet 'em.

And while most of us are friendly here and quick with advice and info this is probably not the best site for a chat and new friends. I'm sure a connected college student like you can figure that out.

Good Luck and welcome to the city.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:40 PM

387 posts, read 2,131,134 times
Welcome to San Diego! It'll take some time, but you'll find some people to hang out with eventually

Old 05-22-2009, 02:47 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,828 times
I am not currently living in SD, but to make friends in any new area you should def. get involved in community activities. Church groups, bars, diff clubs. If you are living in an apartment I would start there. If you can befriend the manager. Get a job, get to know your co workers. Its not really that hard for anyone to make friends anywhere. As long as you are willing to just be yourself. Whatever you do, don't be someone your not to make quick friends.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:25 PM

20 posts, read 49,676 times
When I first got her I joined a book club and that helped alot! Try meetup.com

Old 05-24-2009, 12:23 AM

191 posts, read 665,821 times
I go in the chat rooms on yahoo instant messanger. Look under location and click san diego . I can meet tons of people fast on there. But honestly its a lot easier for woman escpecially if you have a nice pic on your profile. There are more men than woman here but if you just want to meet gay men there are lots of local websites geared towards that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego