Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,051 times

Advertisements

Lack of cultural activities?Horrible public transportation?Snobby,stuck up people? Outrageously priced homes?Why should I stay in San Diego? I will be leaving SD soon. Thank you it's been *fun*
Someone explain to me the cultural activities that occur in San Diego...and please use something besides Balboa Park....hmmm exactly..nothing else...Public Transportation is excellent in other cities. Chicago, New York, San Fran...you can get anywhere by train..even Atlanta is ok

Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Maybe you can take a train to leave here.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino The Kino View Post
Why does San Diego suck?
I'd say it's the "San Diego sucks" whiners.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,763,289 times
Cultural activities? You're really close to TJ. That's all the culture one needs.

I dunno, San Diego is a great place. It's like Hawaii to me. Laid back. Who wants parades and art museums and crap like that when you have pristine beaches to relax on? San Francisco is the "cultural center" of CA because the beaches there are terrible.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:51 AM

709 posts, read 1,767,342 times
Quote:
dunno, San Diego is a great place. It's like Hawaii to me
San Diego does not have a Pacific Islander and Asian majority, so it is nothing like Hawaii.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Pom

23 posts, read 60,227 times
I think SD is a beautiful place. The weather (of course) is wonderful, lots of diversity, lots to do, not so gigantic that you are overwhelmed with crowds and crime. I'm from the east coast and I don't think it's any more expensive. And you are close to beaches, mountains, deserts and if you want the big city LA is not far. I love SD!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,263,377 times
Quote:
Lack of cultural activities?Horrible public transportation?Snobby,stuck up people? Outrageously priced homes?Why should I stay in San Diego? I will be leaving SD soon. Thank you it's been *fun*
Someone explain to me the cultural activities that occur in San Diego...and please use something besides Balboa Park....hmmm exactly..nothing else...Public Transportation is excellent in other cities. Chicago, New York, San Fran...you can get anywhere by train..even Atlanta is ok
That's what I thought five years ago, I then moved and wished that I hadn't. Don't move anywhere in the south, you'll be sorry

Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,147 times
Quote:
If your top priorities are lots of amazing cultural opportunities and an excellent public transportation system, then yeah, S.D. probably isn't the best city to choose.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 AM

117 posts, read 340,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
San Diego does not have a Pacific Islander and Asian majority, so it is nothing like Hawaii.
They might not be a majority but there are a lot of them. In RP, at the development center I work at, we have a lot children that are of that race. People need to expand the places they go and not just stick to the beaches and downtown. You'll find a lot of culture here in SD.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Gee tell us how you really feel, I love comments like yours: sure I do, not profile, first post, all negative, I think the word might be TROLL> By the way, Dino where will you be re-locating to?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego