Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:36 PM

3 posts, read 16,688 times

Advertisements

hi! my boyfriend and i are in our mid-twenties. we moved to san diego months ago. we have a few friends here, but we are looking for some more, fun, people to hang out with...whether it's catching some live music at night, or even casual outdoor activities during the day. especially me, since i only work a few days a week, and i tend to get a little bored and feed my love for shopping! i'm looking for some advice on where to meet new friends, since i don't always want hang out with my co-workers outside of work...i like a variety of friends! any good advice??

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 10:33 AM

607 posts, read 2,424,666 times
Check out meetup.com
Or church
Mostly here, people hang with people from work. I would look at meetup.com though, that way you can meet up with people that have the same interests as you do. Good luck. Where did you move from??

Old 04-15-2007, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 16,688 times
thanks, i'll check it out! i moved from massachusetts. i noticed that there definately seems to be a lot of people from boston around here, as well..

Old 04-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Jax

108 posts, read 637,254 times
Try going to church at Flood (meets at Kearny High School...5, 7, 9 pm on Sunday nights...10 am Sunday morning, I think) if you want to meet more young people in their 20s. I made a lot of friends through Flood when I lived in SD (we recently moved to FL), and I met my husband there at Flood, as well. Don't worry...it's not an old fashioned church...they have loud music, cool people, etc. They have fun "interest" groups, like the sports group, etc., to get plugged into, too. Check it out at www.diveintoflood.com.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:48 PM

840 posts, read 6,502,594 times
Check out the Gaslamp. There's lots of places to meet new people.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:24 AM

11 posts, read 62,354 times
Hey JLAB!! Hubby and I are looking to meet new people too!!! I don't have a job right now(took the 1st year of marriage off to be a stay at home wife and go to school). Lookin for a job, but I too get bored!!! Message me!!!! Maybe we can grab lunch sometime! I had a friend from Boston!!! She moved back there after her and her husband got out of the Navy! I LOVE Mass people:-) LOL...the accents suck me in LOL...

Old 01-17-2009, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 4,775 times
Default friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAB View Post
hi! my boyfriend and i are in our mid-twenties. we moved to san diego months ago. we have a few friends here, but we are looking for some more, fun, people to hang out with...whether it's catching some live music at night, or even casual outdoor activities during the day. especially me, since i only work a few days a week, and i tend to get a little bored and feed my love for shopping! i'm looking for some advice on where to meet new friends, since i don't always want hang out with my co-workers outside of work...i like a variety of friends! any good advice??

thanks!
Me and my wife just moved to san diego she is active duty were looking to make some friends also we enjoy going out she is from sacramento and i am from PA so i am a far way from home
email is [EMAIL="JAMJDW18@hotmail.com"]JAMJDW18@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 AM

284 posts, read 1,013,628 times
I noticed the church Kaleo had a lot of young people too. After being here for 4 months my husband and I thought it was time to start meeting people so we signed up for a married couples class at the church we've been attending. So far everyone seems to be nice but it takes a while for us to cultivate friendships. It's nice just to socialize a little though. Perhaps you could also look into taking enrichment classes. They usually last 8 weeks or so, are pretty cheap and have many options of things to learn. There is always community choirs and stuff like that too, if that's your thing. That's always a great place to cultivate friendships. Good luck!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:18 PM

117 posts, read 339,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAB View Post

thanks!
My boyfriend and I just moved out here in November. We also have a few friends but would like more to hang out with as well. He and I work everyday but we're always looking for things to do and friends to hang out with!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM

233 posts, read 883,854 times
I think you should look into meetup.com also. They have groups for every age range and interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego