Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM

8 posts, read 40,076 times

Advertisements

I guess that's true. Most people want to live in whitebread North County, in cookie-cutter houses. Too bad. I love it here. No trouble with gangsters ever. I ride my bike here, I work here, I walk my dogs here. Linda Vista isn't perfect, but it's diverse, quirky, and has the best Vietnamese restaurants. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,941 times
I've lived in Linda Vista my whole life and although it is no where close to perfect, it is home. Mind your own business and you will have no problems. I've never had a single issue here except my car being stolen when I was 16. But let's be real, car theft happens everywhere.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
The crime map by the SDPD shows its actually a fairly quiet area despite being working class. I suspect that, as usual, certain posters here are just lying when they claim it is a war zone with bullets flying every where. Some people are just born liars.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times
I was one of the many gang members who gave it a bad rep in the late 80' to 90's . Trust me when I say that time has changed. Everyone has grown up and doing there own thing now. The younger crowds are into racing and the older hardcore gang members have families of there own. Some are locked up for a good while.

Lived here for 30 years and yes, locked up, and gang banged in Linda Vista. Speaking from inside the crowd, a lot of gang members have moved out to different parts of San Diego. a lot of us moved to Riverside, El Cajon, Mira Mesa, Clairmont and State Prison(Not by Choice) and you name it. That's how many trouble makers have left.

-Every part of the city has it's crimes. Clairemont just had a stabbing(Nov 1,2014). SDPD Gang Unit was involved.
-Last month or maybe two ago, there was a young girl abducted by the Vons and Albertsons area. How do I know this?, I can see the police helicopter flying and stating "Looking for a young girl with purple shirt and white pants, Call SDPD."

As far as the drug problem in Linda Vista, well, it has really slowed down. I remember when everyone walked the streets for the next high. Cyrstal Meth was the drug of choice for many in Linda Vista. There are still a few that does it but that's it. you don't have entire neighborhoods on 24 hr hangouts.

Cars would be stolen or broken into, fights would take place at the park and

Old 06-13-2015, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
This is ridiculous... I have been living in Linda Vista for over a year and I'm a young white male (if that makes a difference). I have NEVER had an issue with ANYONE the entire time I have been here. Sure you will see occasional graffiti on walls but what area doesn't have that? even people in rich parts like carlsbad have that. In my experience it is mostly immigrants such as mexicans and asians that live in this area, everyone either minds their own business OR are extremely helpful and nice.

In fact just yesterday my car died on me and I was trying to push it back to my house, about 8 different people all stopped what they were doing to help me push my car almost A MILE all the way back to my apartment, not many people will do this..

I love walking and listening to music late at night and I do it ALL THE TIME here and have never had any issues, worst interaction I've had at night is some friendly mexicans have offered me a beer (which I happily accepted and continued on my walk). I live right in the middle of the "gang injunction" area as well, not by USD. I have lived in Detroit, LA, etc, linda vista is VERY mild.. what I always tell people is that 99% of all problems happen to those that are involved in gang activity or selling drugs, this is because someone robbed them or there is a dispute or altercation. If you aren't planning on joining a gang or selling drugs then you literally have nothing to worry about at all, these same "gang members" are likely the same ones that helped me push my car down the street or offered me a beer.

That's my two sense...

Old 06-14-2015, 01:16 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Old 03-07-2021, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,245 times
Linda vista is just the same as it was in the 80$ and 90$. Go to you tube Linda vista homicides. A lot of stuff cracks there, there more shootings there now than there has ever been

Old 03-07-2021, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,245 times
There’s 50 documented homicides in Linda vista but supposedly there’s not too many shootings makes no sense. You can live in Linda vista and not really know what goes on there sometimes all of San Diego is quiet

Old 03-08-2021, 02:06 PM

10,289 posts, read 6,808,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpak View Post
There’s 50 documented homicides in Linda vista but supposedly there’s not too many shootings makes no sense. You can live in Linda vista and not really know what goes on there sometimes all of San Diego is quiet
Maybe they're stabbings, or pushed out high rise windows? Then, there's also a convenient bay too. Maybe they couldn't swim?
As long as it's quiet...

Old 03-08-2021, 04:24 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,779,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpak View Post
If no one knows then it is likely gang related between members and no one else was around or lost a family member to complain about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego