Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 PM

317 posts, read 1,758,033 times

Advertisements

wound up stepping up my budget and signing up to FIT today. After checking out the 24 hour fitness downtown, purefitness, and realizing there's no good gyms downtown, i decided to pay the hefty fee and sign up with FIT. It's 2 blocks from where I live and I figure it'll save me money in driving/gas, time/frustration driving around, and parking will be no issue, I can just walk there. It's very very clean too and the two other gyms I mentioned were very dirty, particularly in the bathrooms, and the equipment was rugged. I like the place so far after 1 day of working out, will see how it goes after a month or so. They let you do it for a month and if you change your mind you can cancel/get your money back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:48 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Way out of my budget. I like the atmosphere of the Y. They just replaced some of the equipment, and got new weights.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 PM

40 posts, read 105,019 times
I found FIT online a while back and planned on it being my spot when I make my move. I didn't know what the monthly fee was though so this was helpful! As for the initiation It's like that at my current gym too, they eat you alive with their all their "fees," or "excuses to charge you" when you sign up. Oh well :\

Old 08-07-2009, 02:04 PM

try to negotiate the initiation fee with them, i got mine cut in half and got a slightly lower rate than the standard advertised monthly fee. even though it's a lot more expensive than most places, in the end it seems to be worth it to me. i also found out about all these perks after the fact- 20% off SEVERAL downtown restaurants just for showing my fit tag AND they do weekly happy hour/networking events and i've already met some people. it's a very 'social' gym in that they go out of their way to try to pair you up with new friends and to meet people. it's pretty cool. at first i thought it might be 'forced' but it turns out it's really beneficial, especially for people like me who are new to town with no existing friend base around here.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:24 PM

I moved here in 2002 without having to do any of the following:

a. join a gym
b. go to happy hours
c. have restaurant discount coupons
d. go to networking events

The friends that I made here also don't do those types of things, either. It's called "age."

Old 08-07-2009, 03:10 PM

"Moved", I'm not sure your points. You've made some ok posts, but many times you try to downplay other people's posts and piggy back off of what other people write to try to make them look stupid. What's your deal? Why are you on these boards? Please keep the negativity to yourself. I'm sure you mean well, but your words are not coming across as anything positive or beneficial to the forum. If you do however have valuable insight, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. But please refrain from downplaying people's posts, thank you.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:29 PM

I've made some OK posts? I'm negative? I've been here in SD way longer than you, and obviously quite a bit older, too. I can tell your age and immaturity by your last post. The point that I'm trying make is that I did not have to do everything that you did to make friends when I moved here, didn't have too, and my friends also don't do those things. We all have other interests, and hobbies. I guess people who have no interests have to do those things. I moved here and didn't ask questions on a forum as to where things were - I found out the information I needed on my own.

I've had no negative comments from anyone with the exception of you, and I would suggest that you please keep you comments to yourself. But in the future, if you need to make negative comments to someone, myself or otherwise, please do it by direct mail. That's how it's normally done.

Last edited by moved; 08-07-2009 at 04:38 PM..

Old 08-07-2009, 04:33 PM

Thanks for validating my post Moved.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:38 AM

40 posts, read 105,019 times
Yeah Moved is a bit evasive lol I just joined the other day and it seems that she/he lives on here and never pipes up without a crude tone when replying.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMB323 View Post
Yeah Moved is a bit evasive lol I just joined the other day and it seems that she/he lives on here and never pipes up without a crude tone when replying.
So how do you think I'm evasive? There are lots of people on the boards besides me, and I have lots of reputation comments. How about you? Try reading my posts on the other forums I belong to if you think I'm crude. I will repeat this.......

If you would like to make comments to or about me me, please do it by direct mail. You will get a response, and you may not like it because I will speak my mind. It seems like people "in their 20's" have problems with my comments. No one else seems to, so it's definitely the IMMATURITY of their age......

Last edited by moved; 08-09-2009 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego