Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 AM

12 posts, read 51,343 times

Advertisements

hey everyone thanks in advance to anyone can help me....just moved here from philly and theres a couple of bars in pacific beach that have phillies and eagles games on tv....dont wanna drink and drive so what would be the best option for a train/bus whatever else that wont cost me 50 bucks each way for a taxi??....also does any thing run a little later at night?....thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,463,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2wforgood View Post
hey everyone thanks in advance to anyone can help me....just moved here from philly and theres a couple of bars in pacific beach that have phillies and eagles games on tv....dont wanna drink and drive so what would be the best option for a train/bus whatever else that wont cost me 50 bucks each way for a taxi??....also does any thing run a little later at night?....thanks again!!
no option aside from a very long bus ride or a very expensive cab ride. A subscription to a cable TV package that carries Phillies sports will probably be cheaper

During the day you could probably do the coaster from Oceanside to Old Town and then a bus to PB, that would probably be a 2 hour trip, minimum. At night, I think you are SOL.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:48 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
no option aside from a very long bus ride or a very expensive cab ride. A subscription to a cable TV package that carries Phillies sports will probably be cheaper

During the day you could probably do the coaster from Oceanside to Old Town and then a bus to PB, that would probably be a 2 hour trip, minimum. At night, I think you are SOL.
Just one note, the Coaster doesn't run on Sundays when the Padres aren't play at home, so that wouldn't be an option for the Eagles games. The Coaster isn't the best option to PB anyway, but just so ya know.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,733,684 times
Wow...is there anyone left in Philly?!? There seems to be a stream of Philadelphians heading this way lately! Keep 'em coming!

I can only echo what everyone else has already said about taking a train from Cbad to PB.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM

267 posts, read 1,288,667 times
Plum Crazy is the name of the Philly Eagle bar in PB. It's on the north side of Garnet Avenue west of Dawes east of Cass. I've lived a block and a half from PC for many years. PC is undeniably hands down a full blown Eagles bar. During certain games I can sometimes hear the Eagle fans roar whenever the Eagles hit paydirt. And by the way, there's a Mexican restaurant/bar on the south side of the street about a block east that's a full blown Niner bar.

I dropped in on one of their games last year and was taken aback by the number of Niner fans there who were watching their team play. I thought it odd to see a Niner bar here in San Diego. There were a lot of Niner fans there. Watching a crummy, inadequate team like the Niners play here in San Diego, who woulda thought? During games they have Niner memorabilia and assorted fan gear tacked to the walls, so you know it's a dedicated Niner bar.

If you were to ask me where in San Diego you'd find a Raiders bar I wouldn't have an answer for you, despite having lived here for many years. I don't know if there is a Raiders bar in San Diego though I haven't binged it yet. There are a ton of Raider fans here, I just don't know if they have their own designated hangout.

One of the great things about Pacific Beach are Sundays in the fall. The streets get super colorful. You'll see fans wearing jerseys representing a vast array of NFL teams walking down the street, cutting through an alleyway, or walking on the boardwalk. Sometimes they might be on a bicycle, a motorcycle or driving their car on Garnet or Mission Blvd with the top down. They come from all over. They might have come in from Miramar, Mission Valley or Chula Vista. Alot of times you'll meet tourists from out of state who are in town and are wearing their colors on game day. I'm talkin' Sundays in the fall between 5am all the way up till 2am on Garnet Ave, Mission Blvd, the boardwalk and the little side streets that surrounds those areas. Those three places make up a little area near the beach that tends to attract a lot of NFL fans from all over.

Last edited by hotornot; 08-09-2009 at 03:17 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 07:15 PM

thanks everyone....im gona have to score me a fat chick that'll drive me back and forth

Old 08-09-2009, 07:57 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,569,720 times
Fat chick? This ain't the land of tasty kakes and cheese steaks.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,463,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Fat chick? This ain't the land of tasty kakes and cheese steaks.
No, but it's the land of carne asada burritos. Plenty of chubby to chase in this town.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:47 PM

hehehe...nah I know all that but your not getting a hot girl who will sit around and wait to pick you up from bars all day..

Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,366,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2wforgood View Post
hehehe...nah I know all that but your not getting a hot girl who will sit around and wait to pick you up from bars all day..
Unless she's crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego