Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:20 PM

161 posts, read 573,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra Koch View Post
Because that's where the elite live. The elite dress up. The further one's income/neighborhood, you'll find that they dress better, more classy. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with how you choose to dress, it's just that you find more people will be dressed up in better neigborhoods. Women who are more well-to-do, or are wanna be well-to-do in hopes of finding a husband of the same, would probably go there to look for one.
This definitely makes sense. Problem out here in San Diego (like the rest of Southern California) is that there are a lot of pretenders and wannabe's. It's hard at times to tell who is a prentender and who isn't.

Also, I don't have any respect whatsoever for women who #1: try to be something that they are not and #2: shun/ignore good, decent, successful men while chasing after immature, spoiled morons who more than likely inherited their wealth, rather than earned it.

Anyway, these people who think Coronado is "So Special" obviously haven't been to any of the other places that I mentioned earlier. I dare someone to spend a weekend in Monterey and then come back and tell me that they still think that Coronado is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSanDiegoDude View Post
Anyway, these people who think Coronado is "So Special" obviously haven't been to any of the other places that I mentioned earlier. I dare someone to spend a weekend in Monterey and then come back and tell me that they still think that Coronado is great.
I've been to all those places, as I'm sure most people in here have as well. I'm not a big fan of Coronado but I can see why many people like it, it is a very nice community and it's been ranked as having one of the best beaches in America (which I don't agree with really). Monterey has a lot more natural beauty b/c of its setting but the weather there SUCKS the majority of the time, too cold and windy to really enjoy the ocean/coastline there much of the time.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:57 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,891,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
We go over there all the time. They have an amazing library with great stuff for kids. If I could live there I would never leave.
Me too.
What the newbies don't know, is before the bridge went up it was populated by stodgy Navy families. I know some who grew up on the Island then. Very different..as most of SD I guess

Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
Most people never talk about it unless they are going there for the weekend.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:24 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,852,401 times
Christmas at the Hotel del is pretty awesome.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:57 PM

470 posts, read 1,707,726 times
My girlfriends and I hung out there in our early 20's, and we'd dress up a bit. Our main intent was to flirt with the military guys, they appreciated the attention. Many memories of "The Little Club".

Old 08-16-2009, 11:11 PM

105 posts, read 298,353 times
I appreciate Coronado much more now that I don't have to live there. Wonderful place to visit, though you feel like your soul is being drained away if you have to spend any significant amount of time there.

Great comparison to New England by the way. More like Connecticut, I would say.

Sassberto, I have to mildly disagree about the library. While it has a wonderful childrens section, it overall has one of the most poorly stocked catalogs of any library I've ever belonged to, especially in regards to audiobooks and online downloads.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
no mean streets

Old 09-18-2010, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,149 times
More than likely, the people dressed up are visitors staying at the Hotel Del or Marriott. Coronado is a beach city and it is a casual atmosphere. Coronado has plenty of t-shirt shops and a shoe store to buy your "berks" so you can dress down. As far as women loving Coronado and why they are attracted to the city....probably for the same reason the men are attracted to the city....

Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 AM

106 posts, read 643,255 times
nicely said crm7464
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego