U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:27 PM

7,160 posts, read 18,439,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Are you sure you weren't driving out of RSD and into one of those rural areas of El Cajon?
Dehesa road goes into an area called Singing Hills which is not RSD or El Cajon but another unincoporated community. It is several miles north of RSD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 01:35 PM

461 posts, read 839,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Dehesa road goes into an area called Singing Hills which is not RSD or El Cajon but another unincoporated community. It is several miles north of RSD.
no, i'm talking about that straightaway of road by Cottonwood golf course coming into the intersection by the Jack in the Box etc. into RSD. there's a sign there that I thought said El Cajon, pop. ~94000 etc.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 PM

47 posts, read 99,251 times
Don't Rancho San Diego residents have an El Cajon address?

Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM

12,803 posts, read 10,908,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLF View Post
Don't Rancho San Diego residents have an El Cajon address?
I believe they may share a zip cose, many areas often do. As sass mentioned, the postal service often has different boundaries than actual municipal areas.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:05 AM

111 posts, read 144,266 times
El Cajon isn't that bad.

Referring to the race thing, I'm a young black male, I lived in El cajon for a while. I didn't hate it other than my commute times. Nobody stared at me funny.

For negatives, I did get my cars broken into twice while I lived at The Pines on the corner of Jamacha and Washington.

As a big time biker, I loved the easy access from EC to the 'mountains' and cool roads further east.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,521 times
I have spent all my life in El Cajon. True it dose have some bad areas and some pretty weird people, but I believe in El Cajon. There are a lot of nice people here. One of the problems with El Cajon is there is not much for people to do here, so the good people stay home and the weird people roam.

The City has done a lot of improvements to the downtown area and has hosted events to get families to come to Downtown. They want people to come down, hang out and shop, but there isn't anything for families to do after the events are over.

I am trying to change that. I want to open up a family entertainment business in the downtown portion of El Cajon. I want to give everybody a place to go and have fun. It will be THE place to go and have you children's birthday party. I have teenagers telling me that there is nothing to do in east county but drink. I want to give our teenagers a place where they can hang out and socialize with there friends and have a good time. It will be a place where adults can come and exercise their inner child.

If you believe in my vision and bringing our community together, then let me know. You can visit my website @: [url=http://equinoxlasertag.com]Home[/url]

Thank you for your support.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 AM

4 posts, read 10,662 times
I have lived in El Cajon for five years. Prior to that I lived for two years in City Heights which I would consider one of the most dangerous parts of San Diego County. This city has so much diversity I feel like I am back home in Los Angeles. Census Data can be misleading because many hispanics often claim white, also we have an arab community that often times will claim white as their race. This is true of the school district as well. I was expecting my sons school to consist of mostly white because of data on greatschools.net and to my pleasant suprise it is a very diverse school. The crime here is not any worse than that of other parts of San Diego as far as homeless there are plenty of them in city heights and pacific beach as well. Redneck I would disagree I have not seen many rednecks since I have lived here I believe people in San Diego are more Ethnocentric thus more closed minded. I may see an occasional gang member however I have not seen a group of them together hanging out in any particular spots. I am not a redneck I am a mixed race woman who is married with two children. I am not ignorant I am a nurse and work for a local hospice. Sure El Cajon is not a premiere city but as fas as I am concerned neither is San Diego. If I had my choice I would not live in California period and yes I am a native. Thats my 2 cents.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:07 PM

348 posts, read 287,122 times
"Across the street from Vons on Chase was where the original Vons was located"

Running into this discussion months late, but I just have to point out it wasn't a Vons, it was a Safeway. (I also grew up in El Cajon in the 70s!) I don't recall any bullet holes in the ceiling. I also used to explore the same hill you are talking about on Avocado- it was graded down to form the rest of the shopping center that is now the Vons center. I never found any pot plants there. I only had one bike stolen, not six :>D

El Cajon has always had its share of...erm...personalities. When I was a kid, it was the "bug lady with no nose." She walked the streets at night with a flashlight and a Band-Aid where her nose used to be. We said she was helping bugs cross the street; she probably was looking for change.

But hey, when I was a kid, my memories aren't of robbers or drunks or crime. They are of horses running up Anza- yes, Anza!- there used to be a horse farm on the corner of Old Chase and Chase, and some of the horses got out. The biggest criminals I encountered were punk kids who shot at birds with BB guns, birds I then tried to nurse back to health.

Yeah, El Cajon was a different place back then...

Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 PM

461 posts, read 839,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisw View Post
The biggest criminals I encountered were punk kids who shot at birds with BB guns, birds I then tried to nurse back to health.
haha yep

Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 AM

5 posts, read 5,843 times
my daughter (from the uk) is going to play soccer here in spring...... is it really that bad??? I am seriously worried as she will be living with an american family and we will not be in usa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego