Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM

187 posts, read 635,265 times

Advertisements

...sorry 4 my english..i am european..work will be area sabre sping...where would you recommand to live?most important thing is school,gate programm,good ranking..i understood carlsbad school district has a great score..what other middle schools would you recommand,gate programme?

we live right now napa area,we like hills,green safe environment,a place to raise happy healthy kids..nature...bike trails ,trees,plants,birds...and so on..what would you recommande..around 2000,2500 rent...

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 PM

temecula would be a nice place...air is also clean..but it is too far way to commute...what would you propose closer??

Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM

239 posts, read 721,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post
...sorry 4 my english..i am european..work will be area sabre sping...where would you recommand to live?most important thing is school,gate programm,good ranking..i understood carlsbad school district has a great score..what other middle schools would you recommand,gate programme?

we live right now napa area,we like hills,green safe environment,a place to raise happy healthy kids..nature...bike trails ,trees,plants,birds...and so on..what would you recommande..around 2000,2500 rent...

thanks
Greetings from a fellow European. We recently relocated to Sabre Springs and we love this area; it is very family friendly. There are single family houses for rent in your price bracket here so I would look here first. Your commute would be minimal, you'd be saving time and money living close to work. The middle school my 8th grader goes to is Meadowbrook Middle, in the Poway Unified School District, which I believe is just as good as Carlsbad if not better. As long as you bring your previous schools Gate designation, there should be no problem for your child to qualify. There is one particular middle school in the district with a special program catering to high achieving and gate children, Black Mountain Academy. You could find out, but I believe you have to apply well in advance, as it is heavily subscribed.

Good luck.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:36 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,530,714 times
Quote:
...sorry 4 my english..i am european..work will be area sabre sping...where would you recommand to live?most important thing is school,
California School Performance Maps

Old 09-10-2009, 04:05 PM

thanks a lot for the map..absolutely great ..now i have a better view..my child is highly gifted,if i do not find the right school for him,he will be borred...and then i get trouble...smile..

Old 09-10-2009, 04:09 PM

thanks soymabelen

it looks like poway school district is a great district.I really do not want my husband to lose 2 hours a day for commute.To be close to work,is important for me.Can you tell me more about sabre spring,how does it look like..i have no idea..are hills there,bike trails,parks around,lakes...mountains,where you can hike..intersting activities for 12 years old?how far away is the ocean?hier is teh ocean cold and i was very disappointed..is the water warmer there?
do you know any agent from the area,who can help in find a place?

thanks a lot

Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 PM

745 posts, read 1,563,902 times
The ocean in San Diego is not as cold as the Bay Area, but it is still cool. Poway is immediately adjacent to Sabre Springs. It has hills, parks and Lake Poway. I think the scenery is lovely. The weather in Poway/Sabre Springs is warmer than the coast. That bothers some people. In the summer the hills turn brown. That bother some people. It did not bother me. We lived in Poway and my kids went to Tierra Bonita Elementary, Twin Peaks Middle School and Poway High. They had the opportunity to have a great education. My daughter was accepted at every university she applied to and selected Berkeley where she received her degree in 2000. My grandson will enter the Poway school system when he is old enough for Kindergarten. I have complete confidence that he will receive every opportunity for an excellent education.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:56 PM

thanks skeke..this sounds great..i have one more question..how far away is a college or university from poway?
i would like to study again
thanks

Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 AM

239 posts, read 721,633 times
Quote:
thanks soymabelen

it looks like poway school district is a great district.I really do not want my husband to lose 2 hours a day for commute.To be close to work,is important for me.Can you tell me more about sabre spring,how does it look like..i have no idea..are hills there,bike trails,parks around,lakes...mountains,where you can hike..intersting activities for 12 years old?how far away is the ocean?hier is teh ocean cold and i was very disappointed..is the water warmer there?
do you know any agent from the area,who can help in find a place?

thanks a lot
Sabre Springs has hills, trails, parks, good schools, shopping etc. I think the closest lakes would be Miramar in Scripps Ranch and Poway in Poway. There are plenty of activities for pre teens and teenagers. My daughter enjoyed this summer free activities aimed at their age group held at the library and she is also loving the Meadowbrook Middle free after school program. The beach is only 25 minutes away, as is downtown and the museums. The water is cold, after all this is not the Mediterranean, but I believe it is a little warmer than in Northern California.

As far as agents, we used Rick McCandless with ReMax and were happy with the results. He is based in Poway. I am not sure if you are planning to rent or buy, but I am sure that if Rick can't help you he will be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 PM

16 posts, read 45,035 times
Quote:
thanks skeke..this sounds great..i have one more question..how far away is a college or university from poway?
i would like to study again
thanks
If you want a community college, Palomar has a site in Poway ... Palomar Community College District
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego