U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2009, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Fremont, CA
79 posts, read 81,962 times
Reputation: 41
Default we will never forget

wanted to share this to everyone...to remember this day and to thank each and everyone who serve our country.


YouTube - 9/11

 
Old 09-11-2009, 09:10 AM
 
635 posts, read 674,502 times
Reputation: 227
Thanks for posting this. I was on a business trip that day. My office closed down because we were a government office across the street from the capital. We had to stay on and complete business that week. We couldn't fly back anyway. On Friday we flew home. The atmosphere at the airport was very different. We went out that night to our favorite cabaret. There were candles for everyone. We all went out on the street. People had come out from the other nighspots and restaurants on all sides of the intersection. We all stood there with our candles and sang.
 
Old 09-13-2009, 12:49 PM
 
Location: United States
54 posts, read 85,341 times
Reputation: 41
Default In memory of the loved ones we lost

No we shall never ever forget the family, friends, and neighbors we lost that day. The tears we cried and still shed in remembrance are an outward sign of an inward commitment. No, we shall not forget them nor shall we forget the reason given for that act of pure hatred, and it is for that reason that to this very day we stand in support of those who are willing to lay down their life to protect us from that very evil. From the bottom of my heart I thank you and pray for you daily.

Much luv,
Daughter of an honored Vet
Wife of an honored Vet



OHIO - the great litmus test - World - www.theage.com.au
 
Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,362 posts, read 51,893,260 times
Reputation: 16207
Why did they crash the planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?
 
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
 
635 posts, read 674,502 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Why did they crash the planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?


Because both are symbols of American power. The towers were symbols of our wealth and capitalism in general. The Pentagon a symbol of our military power.
 
Old 09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,362 posts, read 51,893,260 times
Reputation: 16207
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeke View Post
Because both are symbols of American power. The towers were symbols of our wealth and capitalism in general. The Pentagon a symbol of our military power.

So why crash planes into symbols?
 
Old 09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
47,465 posts, read 37,504,531 times
Reputation: 19573
Quote:
Originally Posted by REGGieSD View Post
wanted to share this to everyone...to remember this day and to thank each and everyone who serve our country.


YouTube - 9/11
and thank you for taking the time to share this. I hope we do not forget, I hope everyone with very young children let them know about this day so it will always remain a day of remembering. NO, I do not mean kids that are too young to understand nor do I mean scare your kids, just make certain they always know what happened.

Nita
 
Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
 
Location: United States
54 posts, read 85,341 times
Reputation: 41
Default skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
So why crash planes into symbols?
Subtlety...a skill immeasurable. I confess I read the questions more than once because I was fairly sure the obvious answer was not at all what you were seeking. All those points, but in this matter you ask for what? I however try in every case to give the benefit of doubt so I thought I might offer to hold your hand while you say what it is you really want to say. I hope you will accept it as it is intended.
 
Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 AM
 
Location: North of the hood, south of the valley
2,920 posts, read 6,345,953 times
Reputation: 2159
Thumbs down Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Why did they crash the planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?
For someone who has accumulated the amount of reputation which you have, many of your recent posts here and in similar threads have exhibited a remarkable number of boorish statements and trollish animosities. You have turned several threads that seek only to pay respect to the dead into childish games of silly questions, or argumentation over points irrelevant to the purpose of the thread.

You should be embarrassed - but somehow, I doubt you are.
 
Old 09-14-2009, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,362 posts, read 51,893,260 times
Reputation: 16207
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstress View Post
Subtlety...a skill immeasurable. I confess I read the questions more than once because I was fairly sure the obvious answer was not at all what you were seeking. All those points, but in this matter you ask for what? I however try in every case to give the benefit of doubt so I thought I might offer to hold your hand while you say what it is you really want to say. I hope you will accept it as it is intended.
OK, if that question was too tough, how about this one? Who killed President Kennedy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top