Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,429 times

Advertisements

Yes, obviously I'm not looking to buy or even rent. I have students in Fairbanks Ranch and I'm wondering how to plan my move. My student's mom is going to schedule me to provide parent workshops, so I'm looking to relocate to that area or nearby.

I'm coming from north of Los Angeles and still have students in Bakersfield so I'll be commuting weekly for a few months. I know that Fairbanks Ranch residents are not permitted to rent out casitas or guest houses, and I won't be able to afford one for a while anyway. I've been helping with communicative and learning difficulties, enrichment programs for advanced students and phonics etc. for over 30 years but programs in the north coastal area are extremely abundant and the yellow pages have been largely replaced by the Internet. This is the second year I've placed good yellow page ads in two different directories in the north coast area and have received almost zero response. I advertised ahead in preparation to move to San Diego. I moved there briefly and had to move back because my the yellow pages didn't do what it's done for me over the previous twenty-some years in tutoring. I've also signed up with some Internet programs that promised a lot but didn't deliver. I'm sure many of you have experienced similar. It's tough to get started in the San Diego area without walking into something already in place. I'm so glad we have forums like this to reach out for tips.

So, I'm open to any info on local 'affordable' publications in the area. I also am interested in organic cooking and gardening, horses, dogs, weight loss through healthy alternatives, exercise, yoga, painting, piano, and of course kids, (and I can give basic lessons to kids in any of the above as well). So any known trade mags that you personally know that DO get response from readers or are very popular throw-away pubs with cheap or free advertising, I'd be happy to hear about. I enjoy writing informative articles too. Any marketing or living info/ideas would be welcomed. I've posted a lot on the net but find there are either too many advertisers, or too few viewers. Funny, but it makes sense. I have a temporary living arrangement in Escondido to care for horses and dogs when needed starting this week, but it's short term while the daughter is out out of town.

Any tips on temporary living situations, prospective trade for living, prospective families for my workshops in Fairbanks Ranch etc. would be appreciated too. I also paint medium to large palm tree scenes and murals and would love to cut my rates for a project there too. Though friendly and social, I'm on the quieter side and love nature and seclusion. I'm accustomed to living in upscale environmenvts (until my surgery) so this is what I will be looking for, even if it's just a corner tucked away. I need a place to tutor though. Any help in directing to good spots like that would be extra special.

I want to make it there this time. I had major surgery a few months ago and am normal again, but have lost my home, livelihood and have gotten into debt surviving over the the past few years of illness. Now I'm ready to kick start things but don't have quite enough resources. So now that I have students there from a very supportive family, I would like to move as near to Fairbanks Ranch as possible.

Thanks for reading,

Tracy

Last edited by Superphonics; 09-25-2009 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego