Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:46 PM

27 posts, read 140,945 times

Advertisements

I do want all of you to know, we moved down to near Rosarito and lived there for over a year. My wife has her green card and we are up in San Diego. It is very safe down there. I loved it. I would recommend a motorcycle to commute back and forth across the border. If you look you can find a nice ocean front home in the $600/mo range. Just contact me and I will help you find a place. I can also answer most of your questions. This was the correct decision and I AM SO GLAD i WENT WITH MY GUT ON THIS ONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougo40 View Post
I do want all of you to know, we moved down to near Rosarito and lived there for over a year. My wife has her green card and we are up in San Diego. It is very safe down there. I loved it. I would recommend a motorcycle to commute back and forth across the border. If you look you can find a nice ocean front home in the $600/mo range. Just contact me and I will help you find a place. I can also answer most of your questions. This was the correct decision and I AM SO GLAD i WENT WITH MY GUT ON THIS ONE.
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it's working well for you. I'm always a little frustrated with the knee-jerk response any post about TJ or Northern Baja in general gets on this board, generally from people who haven't been down there in years.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,339,445 times
my husband works with couple people that live in TJ-they are not Latino in case anyone is wondering. They like it and have no safety complaints. One commutes on a scooter (large, freeway capable one). I understand it is reasonably fast to cross the border on 2 wheels.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,296,038 times
Spend 125 bucks and get a SENTRI card. I came north through the pedestrian lanes at San Ysidro the other night and did not see a single car in the SENTRI lane!

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the legions of self-styled Mexico experts who are too afraid to actually go there...

Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 PM

24 posts, read 43,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Spend 125 bucks and get a SENTRI card. I came north through the pedestrian lanes at San Ysidro the other night and did not see a single car in the SENTRI lane!

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the legions of self-styled Mexico experts who are too afraid to actually go there...
I second that. Definitely get the SENTRI card for border crossing, it is worth every penny!

Old 12-26-2012, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,153 times
People, in all the time crossing the boder walking have seen so many americans in line and not only white but black and others if u want to live in Tijuana, please do the same thing u do in U.S.A look for the good locations crime is where people lives so don't be so judgmetal for the city that good people love, just don't go to the red zones: ask more questions to people working in U.S.A and living in Tijuana the long lines are not because agents take to much time to let u go is because the migration of San diego recident change there city . good luck and inform ur selft before any moving knwledge is better.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM

1,018 posts, read 1,850,375 times
They report the border crossing wait time on San Diego traffic reports, there must be an awful lot of people crossing from Tijuana on a regular basis.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM

76 posts, read 191,839 times
Most of these people talking about how dangerous Mexico is have never been there. I remember once on a message board thread, could have been here, one commenter said that they have no desire to go to Mexico because of how dangerous it is, then they went on to say that they would never need to see Tijuana anyway because they've been to Old Town San Diego. Does this give you an idea of how clueless this person is? Old Town is absolutely nothing like TJ. lol. They've never been to Mexico. They don't have a clue. They get their information from channels like FoxNews, which is Republican propaganda, and part of the Republican strategy is fear of Mexican immigration.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,339,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlite View Post
They report the border crossing wait time on San Diego traffic reports, there must be an awful lot of people crossing from Tijuana on a regular basis.
A friend of mine from work who lives here but crosses often-she is Mexican and had family in TJ-said predictably when the lines are shorter they take more time searching cars then when the lines are long so no matter what, it takes forever. She hates the wait and says 4am is the quickest time to cross by car. She acually woke up Christmas morning and returned to SD at that time! As far as being a pedestrian, not sure if it makes a difference.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I've never driven across the border, when I go I just walk, and have never been searched. I was just over around the end of October, and it took me 30 minutes to cross back into the US from TJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego