Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:39 AM

4 posts, read 12,027 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody. I am new to the forum here. I have lived in North County most of my life. I have noticed that it is getting harder and harder to find good live music. When I go back and visit Austin, Tx, there is so much live music you don't have to look very hard. Since it is such a different atmosphere here in San Diego with so much going on, I am developing a place to find as much information as possible. My reason for posting is just trying to get a feel for how much interest there would be in a website including the following:

*Concert Calendar including local bands and small venues such as small pubs and bars.
*Broken down areas with feature venues and a feature band playing in that area
*Genre break down of bands playing when and where by genre
*A monthly feature concert or band with a review or interview from that band whether it be a semi big band or a local favorite.

These are just some of the ideas I have been laying out. Nothing is 100% set up yet, but since I stumbled upon and have been reading this forum, I felt it would be a good place to get a feel for what San Diegan's are thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,527,914 times
Music is not my thing... but doesn't Citybeat cover this area: San Diego CityBeat - Home Page

Old 11-05-2009, 11:01 AM

CityBeat barely touches the area and has way too many other things going on. I am looking for a more thorough Music Calendar. They really don't have a great variety on their site and don't really list all of the venues. I have stumbled upon places that are incredible to watch music that all the times I have searched for live music have never found.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:56 PM

52 posts, read 208,141 times
The live music scene is pretty crappy here and I say that as a part-time musician who has played both in both cover bands and original music bands around here ("here" being all over San Diego county) for the last 5 years. Anything that helps the scene is useful but I'm not sure there is enough of one in North County to sustain a comprehensive website.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM

There is definitely very little in North County, but all of san diego county, there is a good amount. It is just so spread out and so hard to find. We have some great Venues, and some great bands.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,292 times
Some good live music happening next Tuesday Jan 26th 2010. Local band the Canton Mudders will be playing with Los Angeles based Garage Soul band The Jasper Dickson Revue (THE JDR) at The Soda Bar (The Soda Bar | Live music and Entertainment in Downtown San Diego). Music starts at 10pm The JDR goes on at 11pm. And it's all free!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,151 times
AUDIOCURRENT.net has the best underground concert list for San Diego on the Internet. Just click on the "San Diego Live" section for a list of upcoming shows with links to sample the music. AUDIOCURRENT.net also posts daily album reviews and downloads that boast exquisite taste new music. Find out about new Chillwave/Post-Punk/Electronica/Dream Pop/Synthpop/Psychedelic/Dance Punk/Garage/Indie Rock/.... artists way before all your friends.

Peace,

Mike from AUDIOCURRENT.net

Old 08-31-2012, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,734 times
The Griffin San Diego is also famous for live music.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,964,519 times
I can't say anything about the North County but I can tell you that downtown, you can't spit without finding live music. Name a type of bar and I can name a place with live music. Dive bar? Go to Patrick's II. Looking for something classier? Check out Croce's. Local's bar? Go to the Corner. Want an Irish pub? Go to Dublin Square.

You can even check out a burlesque dancer who performs to live music if you want at the Marble Room.

And yes, I've been to all of these places, and no, nobody is paying me to shill for them. I like them.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:35 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,828,444 times
There's actually quite a bit of live music in coastal North County (Carlsbad to Del Mar). I'm not sure what North County the OP is referring to, but most of the bars along the 101 have live music at least on weekend nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego