Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 PM

449 posts, read 877,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
I've heard of all the great things about San Diego. Sounds like paradise. So tell me, is there anything not to like about San Diego?
About the only thing that will threaten me, if I bought a house there, would be the proximate to Tijuana with the drugs and the gangs. Eventually, it will destroy this city, give it some years, as they begin to move Inland. Otherwise, I love San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 08:35 PM

88 posts, read 226,373 times
Well SEAandATL, you missed a good downpour today! We had our first rain of the season and it was a good one!

Old 11-28-2009, 08:40 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDgyrl View Post
Well SEAandATL, you missed a good downpour today! We had our first rain of the season and it was a good one!
Yes we did! It smells so good outside now. Look at the trees and bushes, they look greener. The dust has been washed off of them. Perhaps the hillsides will start to turn green soon.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yes we did! It smells so good outside now. Look at the trees and bushes, they look greener. The dust has been washed off of them. Perhaps the hillsides will start to turn green soon.
LOL, I don't know if you meant to be funny here, but you just made me laugh. "dust washed off of them"

Old 11-28-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
LOL, I don't know if you meant to be funny here, but you just made me laugh. "dust washed off of them"
LOL! I think it's actually true. Every time it rains after a long period, everything always looks cleaner to me. Maybe it's just me lol

Old 11-29-2009, 04:17 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
LOL! I think it's actually true. Every time it rains after a long period, everything always looks cleaner to me. Maybe it's just me lol
+1, and no haze - nice, clear, crisp, good smellin' day

Old 11-29-2009, 07:50 PM

Exactly, we're entering the time of year when San Diego is most beautiful. Screw the summer.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Exactly, we're entering the time of year when San Diego is most beautiful. Screw the summer.
It's a good season for sure, but spring has more green, summer the warmer ocean.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:22 PM

745 posts, read 1,568,197 times
If you ever park your car under a tree and it rains you will know rain does wash the dirt off the leaves. It will be all over your car.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 PM

108 posts, read 386,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer619 View Post
I pretty much agree with everything here. It is amazing what people will complain about on here. Anyway, the only gripes I have about this place are the cost of living, lack of weather (i.e. variety), the mentality of SOME types of people out here, and as a die-hard sports fan, all of the trash-talking fair-weather Charger fans.

I for one think that the Chargers are the most overrated team of the decade. Even though my team is not an AFC West Team (NFC South; New Orleans), I hate all of the trash talkers out here, as well as some of the cocky trash-talking players (i.e. Phillip Rivers, Shaun Phillips). The 8-3 record this year is very misleading; they haven't played anybody! They will be exposed in a few weeks vs. Dallas and the week after vs. Cincinnati.

Anyway, sorry about that. I' am very passionate about sports, as you can tell and I felt I had to vent just a little. However, I don't let sports determine my happiness like some others out there do. If my team loses, oh well. Not the end of the world!

Overall, other than those SMALL gripes, I really like this place. Surfing is something I learned how to do out here and now I' am hooked for life. Coming from the mid-south, SD's weather is what I expected it to be; great! Like I said earlier, I just wish that there was more variety. People who complain about the lack of good restaurants out here and lack of things to do obviously never get out or have issues.

Before people out there start complaining about SD, they should really take a visit to places like Goodland, KS, Billings, MT, and Hartford, CT. Trust me, after spending a little time in those places, you will appreciate what SD has to offer.
i agree 100% about Charger fans...
but i don't agree with your later discussion
comparing SD to cities like that is like comparing dollars to pennies
of course people coming from areas like that are going to think SD is the greatest city compared to where they came from..i think the majority of people that complain about where they are from or live complain because they try to do just that, compare it to something else...every city is what it is...though in my opinion every city should be modeled after Chicago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego