Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:30 AM

4 posts, read 9,452 times

Advertisements

Hi

I'll be possibly moving to Encinitas in summer 2010 to attend the Watts Atelier, located in 171 Calle Magdalena Ste. 103 Encinitas, CA 92024.
Beside finding a reasonably priced accommodation, my main issue is Transportation.
I won't be able to afford a car during my period of staying, therefore i need to know if Encinitas is walk/bike friendly place and if public transportation is efficient and safe,
so basically i have to find out if i can decently live in the city area without having a car.

Any other general info on the 92024 zip code is appreciated!
THANKS everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 08:21 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,851,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarco View Post
Hi

I'll be possibly moving to Encinitas in summer 2010 to attend the Watts Atelier, located in 171 Calle Magdalena Ste. 103 Encinitas, CA 92024.
Beside finding a reasonably priced accommodation, my main issue is Transportation.
I won't be able to afford a car during my period of staying, therefore i need to know if Encinitas is walk/bike friendly place and if public transportation is efficient and safe,
so basically i have to find out if i can decently live in the city area without having a car.

Any other general info on the 92024 zip code is appreciated!
THANKS everyone!
You can definitely live here with only a bike, walking, and public transportation. I'd say Encinitas is fairly pedestrian friendly with sidewalks and such for walking. The Coaster commuter train stops in town and takes you into downtown San Diego in about 45 minutes. There are lots of large apartment complexes in the area around Calle Magdalena, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a place to live assuming you have the budget for it.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:04 AM

Great, thanks for your reply, it's good news for me

Old 12-21-2009, 04:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,073 times
what is Watts Atelier? I live in Encinitas, never heard of it.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
what is Watts Atelier? I live in Encinitas, never heard of it.
It's an art school. I didn't know either, but I googled it!
Watts Atelier

Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 AM

455 posts, read 1,118,003 times
I love Encinitas. Will definitely be looking for potential property there, if the traffic doesn't get to me to and from La Jolla.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:19 AM

OP, you want to move from Italy to Encinitas to study art???

Old 12-22-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
OP, you want to move from Italy to Encinitas to study art???
Well i know it sounds very strange, and still i have doubts about this unusual choice, however i have many different personal reasons for it, i'll just tell you that yes, Italy is one of the great countries for art and culture, but may not be as good for instruction (with obvious exceptions..). For cultural theoretical studies Italy is indeed the best place ever (and have studied such things already..) but if you are interested in practical "hands on studies" and maybe want to be a concept artist, which means working for the entertainment industry, we are really at bottom level here..

And you also have a second smaller art school in Encinitas: http://studio2ndstreet.com/

Last edited by madmarco; 12-22-2009 at 01:58 PM..

Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 PM

hummm, I see. Well, there are quite a few local art galleries in Leucadia area (town right adjacent to Encinitas) but I didn't want you to have the impression that Encinitas, or San Diego for that matter, is an art mecca. I would definitely check these schools out a little more so you don't get ripped off on the level of training they can provide you, since obviously you are going to spend some money moving here. Have you thought of LA if you are looking to train for the entertainment industry, that's where you would make contacts?

Old 12-22-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
hummm, I see. Well, there are quite a few local art galleries in Leucadia area (town right adjacent to Encinitas) but I didn't want you to have the impression that Encinitas, or San Diego for that matter, is an art mecca. I would definitely check these schools out a little more so you don't get ripped off on the level of training they can provide you, since obviously you are going to spend some money moving here. Have you thought of LA if you are looking to train for the entertainment industry, that's where you would make contacts?
It's not Florence, don't get me wrong, but Encinitas and Leucadia (as loveautumn mentioned) actually have thriving arts communities. Lots of painters, people doing sculptures, the Lux Art Institute, etc. If that's not enough, the Laguna Beach art colony is just an hour north in Orange County. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego