Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM

11 posts, read 48,654 times

Advertisements

Which areas of the city does the trolley service? How often does it make stops or does that depend on the area? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 03:25 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Let me google that for you

Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM

So Mr. Moderator, why did you have to answer like that? I was told that San Diegans were nice and friendly people. Maybe I was wrong. You're right, I could have googled it, I am just excited about my impending move. Thanks for taking me down a notch. And thanks for reminding me that there are intolerant people no matter where you live. Have a nice day !!!

Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 PM

176 posts, read 634,756 times
Quite keen on the passive aggressive bit, eh? You'll fit right in to certain parts of the county.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:29 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
It was easier for him to do that way. You could have been told to just search the forums for trolley San Diego. If you're not moving for a few years, why research now. Six months to a year in advance is plenty of time. Things can change in the between the time you ask questions and move.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:23 PM

Actually "OBak", I only give back what was given me. Instead of just politely saying the trolley has a site, he had to use the link which ended up sarcastically saying "Was that so hard?" Sorry, but anyone would have been offended by that. He is supposed to be the moderator, not the dictator.

And "moved", I was asking because we are coming out there for a visit next month. But, as far as the six months to a year time frame goes, that means that I am not welcome to ask questions before then? Why not research now? I hardly think that they are going to tear up trolley tracks and if more routes are added, wonderful!!

So...I should not bother you until 6 months out from my move and should quell my enthusiasm until that time AND I have a diagnosis of passive aggressive. My, my, you three are a friendly bunch!! I must say, it has been an interesting first day on this informational site. I definitely learned that some--I am sure not all--but some San Diegans definitely move in packs.

BTW, a great big THANK YOU to the friendly locals who kindly answered my other questions. I realize that you must have been asked them a hundred times yet you were still kind and patient. I really appreciate it. You are a credit to your great city!

Old 12-29-2009, 06:28 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
You didn't state that you were coming for a visit next month, you stated that you're moving a few years. You have to realize that we locals get these questions asked on daily (and sometimes more than daily) basis.

If you had stated that you were coming to visit next month, and wanted information on certain things, the replies would have been different. I didn't have the luxury of visiting before I moved here. I did all my research via the internet and yellow pages, and moved here cold.

The information you provide to us, the more information you'll get in return.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:42 PM

457 posts, read 1,344,893 times
I see nothing that said he was moving in "a few years"

Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM

"Moved", I was not offended at being directed to another site. I was offended by the rudeness which he used to do so. When I asked the trolley question, I felt it was a pretty simple and straightforward question. Why would I need to mention coming out next month? As I said, it was NOT the fact that I was redirected but the manner in which it was done.

At the end of my last post I acknowledged that you folks get asked these questions "a hundred times" and I extended my appreciation to those that answered them patiently and kindly and I do so again. It is greatly appreciated.

People come to this site for information and, at the very least, civility--possibly even a bit of cordiality. If the moderator, of all people, is annoyed with the repeated questioning, possibly it is time to "pass the torch"? I am sorry that us wannabes and gonnabes seem annoying and ignorant but after all, this IS a site for the garnering of information? If one is annoyed by the repeated questions, then simply don't answer. I may be ignorant but I don't feel that rudeness is in order.

I am quite able to forgive anything, a bad day, a bad mood--we all have them. Heaven forbid that someone should actually stand up and admit being wrong and simply apologize. This type of thing is why we Americans are disliked abroad. We are never able to admit we are wrong and seem to think that we are better than others and are so often condescending. In my opinion, it is one of our greatest shortcomings.

I will hop off my "perfect" pedestal, as I am sure that it has been a rotten day for me and humbly admit that I made far too much of this and I am sorry for that. For those that have been annoyed, I apologize. I am just so tired of rudeness being excused. I'll go off now and do my research elsewhere. Hopefully I will find a more welcoming place.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 PM

9 posts, read 35,825 times
at least you got the info, and it's helpful to me too! let's all just calm down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego