Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,807,674 times

Advertisements

These 2 dogs were apparently specialized in tracking "old" scents. I'll try to find the article on the dogs.

One possible theory I can come up with is maybe it was planned that she was going to skip school that day and met up with someone (maybe had something to do with her buying the lamb that day) and she ended up out at the reservation, then something went horribly wrong. The check for the purchase of the lamb was never found or cashed.

Course it's always possible she got duped into helping somebody (maybe find a lost pet or something like that) and she was grabbed into a van.

I heard on TV last night that supposedly a hiker stumbled upon the grave and phoned in the tip but that hasn't been confirmed as far as I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:00 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,506,834 times
I'm inclined to believe that the man held for Chelsea's murder had bragged about Amber's murder to someone. The person feared for their own life and never came forward. Now that he's behind bars for Chelsea's murder, with a likely conviction - the tipster finally felt safe calling in the tip.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,928,172 times
The bottom line is did john albert gardner kill & possibly rape then 14 yr old amber dubois on 2-13-09 ? It just sickens me that their are pathetic, discusting people like that in this world. People who commit murder should be publicly hanged. Ill put the noose around their necks & even pull the lever. All free of charge. Hell....i might even pay out of my own pocket to do it. Donations though will be accepted.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:49 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,488,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
These 2 dogs were apparently specialized in tracking "old" scents. I'll try to find the article on the dogs.

One possible theory I can come up with is maybe it was planned that she was going to skip school that day and met up with someone (maybe had something to do with her buying the lamb that day) and she ended up out at the reservation, then something went horribly wrong. The check for the purchase of the lamb was never found or cashed.

Course it's always possible she got duped into helping somebody (maybe find a lost pet or something like that) and she was grabbed into a van.

I heard on TV last night that supposedly a hiker stumbled upon the grave and phoned in the tip but that hasn't been confirmed as far as I know.
Wasn't it in tall reeds where they had to cut them away before they found the grave?

Old 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM

Nothing was found in the pond they drained looking for Amber...maybe you are thinking of Chelsea King, she was found in a shallow grave in the water where there were alot of reeds, etc. growing alongside the shoreline.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:58 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,475,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I'm inclined to believe that the man held for Chelsea's murder had bragged about Amber's murder to someone. The person feared for their own life and never came forward. Now that he's behind bars for Chelsea's murder, with a likely conviction - the tipster finally felt safe calling in the tip.
Or maybe a relative. Perhaps his mom?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 PM

489 posts, read 1,951,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
I doubt it was Gardner in Amber's case (at least not alone). I don't see how he could have forced the girl into the car on a busy street without anyone noticing. My money is on an acquaintance or even a relative.
Is it possible she could have met him online? 15-year-old girls have been known to be "star struck" by men much older than them they meet online. I wouldn't put it past someone like Gardner to look for "prey" that way. Maybe she willingly got into his car thinking her new "boyfriend" was going to take her to school or something. She sounded like she was pretty level headed, but girls at that age can be naive about who they meet online.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:36 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,928,172 times
A few witnesses saw gardner get out of the police car & show where amber was. I heard this info on kfi am 640. Its a reliable radio station.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 AM

WOW! That is powerful information and KFI is usually right on with its facts. I know in other cases, perps have taken LE to the sites. I think in the Polly Klass case...

It makes sense because they found her so quickly after the "tip", they didn't have to do alot of searching around. I don't think Gardner 'cracked" though. I think somebody turned in the information (somebody in his family I am guessing) and then LE confronted him that they knew the truth and it might go better for him if he led them to her.

If there was another murderer out there, I would hope the police would be giving out more information than they have. That community has suffered enough.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,574,571 times
I suspect "The Freak" cut a deal. Show us where Amber is and we'll forget about frying you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego