Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,656 times

Advertisements

I moved down to Bonita (southern San Diego) in 1992 after high school with family,
though I love San Diego I can't understand the anger and comments I get when I wear my Dodgers gear.

It seems odd that L.A. is so indifferent to the San Diego, but San Diego is so hateful of L.A. (at least the younger generation is).

There are NOT more Dodgers fans in San Diego than Padre fans, though you do see a lot of Dodgers fans who live in San Diego. L.A. is not far so they drive down to San Diego to do 2 things, go to a Dodger vs. Padre game, and go to Baja and make a weekend out of it.

Dodger stadium is rowdy, and yes Living in San Diego since '92 I never saw so many Padre fans till about I'd say the past 10 years... ever since Trevor Hoffman.

I am always around my girl's family down here and they are Padre/Charger fans and usually make a comment or so about my Dodger gear, but I honestly am indifferent as I like L.A. fans have no hatred for the Padres or San Diego... no reason to.
Dodger fans don't have anything bad to say about San Diego until baseball season comes, but San Diegans focus so much energy against L.A., I just don;t understand why.

Even the "beat L.A. thing" tells of a deeper story,
though I don't know what that story would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
SD/LA = Canada/USA

Old 02-27-2011, 12:26 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozmex View Post
I moved down to Bonita (southern San Diego) in 1992 after high school with family,
though I love San Diego I can't understand the anger and comments I get when I wear my Dodgers gear.

It seems odd that L.A. is so indifferent to the San Diego, but San Diego is so hateful of L.A. (at least the younger generation is).

There are NOT more Dodgers fans in San Diego than Padre fans, though you do see a lot of Dodgers fans who live in San Diego. L.A. is not far so they drive down to San Diego to do 2 things, go to a Dodger vs. Padre game, and go to Baja and make a weekend out of it.

Dodger stadium is rowdy, and yes Living in San Diego since '92 I never saw so many Padre fans till about I'd say the past 10 years... ever since Trevor Hoffman.

I am always around my girl's family down here and they are Padre/Charger fans and usually make a comment or so about my Dodger gear, but I honestly am indifferent as I like L.A. fans have no hatred for the Padres or San Diego... no reason to.
Dodger fans don't have anything bad to say about San Diego until baseball season comes, but San Diegans focus so much energy against L.A., I just don;t understand why.

yeah but I also think there is a lot of hate for the Giants down here in SD too.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,425 times
Quote:

I'm with you Mozmex; I'm originally from Los Angeles and have much love for both LA and SD. Don't get the angst! But it is probably similar to our US/Canada thing! As I get older, I am doing my best to preserve my energy for things that truly matter! Although I am an avid Football fan, not so much Baseball, but do enjoy going to the games.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:38 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
yeah but I also think there is a lot of hate for the Giants down here in SD too.
i went to a padres/giants game last season. there were tons of giants fans there. no fighting and minimal trash talking, but the whole attitude during the game was kind of laid back. very different from what im used to. ive been to yanks sox games were a knife fight broke out in the upper deck.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:31 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
i went to a padres/giants game last season. there were tons of giants fans there. no fighting and minimal trash talking, but the whole attitude during the game was kind of laid back. very different from what im used to. ive been to yanks sox games were a knife fight broke out in the upper deck.
HA! Not at the end of the season it wasn't

Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Quote:

And how would it be any different for Padre fan living in LA, who wears a Padre jersey among friends who are all Dodger fans? Give me a break.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:46 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
HA! Not at the end of the season it wasn't
i went in late may so it wasnt too important of a game. but the padres did beat the future champs that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego