U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM

1,890 posts, read 4,102,996 times

Advertisements

The skiing is better in Utah...that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 475 times
I grew up in San Diego and moved here to Salt Lake about 6 years ago. If you are trying to see how Salt Lake stacks up to San Diego you need to figure out what is important to you because they are both totally awesome places to live depending on what you like.
I think the main things to consider are family, friends, cost of living, weather, crime and safety and religion (not really).
Where is your family and is being close to family important to you? This might be a tough one for your fiancé.
Do you have a lot of friends there? This might be a tough one for your fiancé as well. How important is it to be near friends. I visited San Diego a few months ago and even though I still have a few friends there it felt empty. Now If you are getting married then these first two may not be an issue because if you are married you will always be close to family and friends. 
I think the last important thing to consider is can you afford to live in San Diego. Do you realize how expensive it is to live in San Diego? If you are not pulling down some good dough then you will end up living in East County or Chula Juana. Not nice places to live or raise a family. Crime rates are higher and it is not as safe. Now if you are making some good money than there are some very nice places to live in San Diego.
Then you have to consider WEATHER! There is just no comparison, unless you are totally into Winter Sports and don’t mind the cold snow. If you are more into winter sports than beautiful weather and beaches than you have to consider that. San Diego literally has the best weather on the planet, why do you think is so expensive to live there. Not to mention the economy is much better in Utah than in California. So if you already have a job lined up or maybe you are self employed then maybe that doesn’t matter.

So after considering all of these things, if it still makes sense to move to San Diego then DO IT!
- Beautiful weather year around!!
- Beaches
- Beautiful rolling hills
- Awesome people
- Awesome nightlife
- A piece of paradise
- Awesome restaurants and things to do.

Utah has many awesome parts about it too, but I know you already have your mind made up so I wont get into that part of it.

Honestly the only things keeping me in Utah are Family, I’m stuck in my condo, and I am a single Mormon guy that loves to be around all of the beautiful LDS woman

If I was getting married like you, I would defiantly consider moving back to San Diego.

Good luck talking your fiancé into it!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 PM

6,954 posts, read 5,150,029 times
The peace of Park City vs the ocean of San Diego. Tough call.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 PM

432 posts, read 676,796 times
Salt Lake City

Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 AM

41 posts, read 37,049 times
If we're talking PC then that would be different but SLC, I would always choose San Diego. The inversions produce a really nasty smog. Plus I really don't like living in a snowy climate and all that it entails -- clearing snow, mud season, taking forever to get dressed, cold hands, fogged up car. Lastly apart from PC it is wayyyy too conservative for me and too LDS.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:35 PM

47 posts, read 61,448 times
I am from SLC and I recently moved to SD and I prefer SD...SLC is a great place to live for a few years but its one of those cities where everyone knows everyone. Cost of living is a lot cheaper and snowboarding and skiing is one of the best places in the world. But I found the place boring after a while..it could be a great place to settle down if you want to raise a family and buy a house. But for the younger folk like me I prefer the nightlife, weather, and surfing that SD has to offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego