Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:26 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,281 times

Advertisements

Yep, it doesn't start to get hot here until August/Sept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 11:43 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
69 seems a bit low for this time of the year. According to Weather.com, the average high for June for 92123 is 76, which seems more accurate. Either way, no June Gloom today!

Cool link showing the average daily highs for the month - Monthly Weather Forecast for San Diego, CA (92123) - weather.com
Weird, wunderground and weather.com have very different statistics for cities. I think from my experience, somewhere in between the two.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
I'm still seeing jeans tucked into boots, turtlenecks, etc almost halfway through June. I don't have good weather recall from one year to the next but seeing people dressed like this at this time of year doesn't seem normal for S.D. to me. The weather has definitely been cooler so far, but I'm sure the heat will get here. I forget summers start later here and run thru Oct.
It has been a very cool spring and pretty much below normal since April. I'm sick of it, it seems like it's always at least 3-5 degrees below normal along the coast everyday. Nights have been cool too and below normal. Usually by this time of the year I don't need a sweatshirt at night but have been wearing one lately. I can't believe how long it's been below normal and the forecast shows it staying below normal for the time being. I'm ready for the heat already.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 AM

364 posts, read 617,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yeah it gets humid here and that takes many by surprise. You will be drenched in sweat but the actual temperature may not be all that high. Usually high 70's or in August perhaps low 80's. Some years it's far worse than others.

Can I just say at this post.......LOL!!!!!!!!

You have no concept whatsoever of humidity friend. San Diego weather is godlike. Don't believe me? Come spend a spring summer and fall in Houston. Just this side of the 5th circle of hell.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
Can I just say at this post.......LOL!!!!!!!!

You have no concept whatsoever of humidity friend. San Diego weather is godlike. Don't believe me? Come spend a spring summer and fall in Houston. Just this side of the 5th circle of hell.
Oh I'm not arguing that it's worse in other places. But I've not lived in those places. So to me and others (I'm not the only one who's said this), it can get humid. At least in terms of actual dew points.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,803,781 times
You San Diegoans dont know how good you have it...Try coming to Charlotte, NC today where the high will reach 91degrees..but will like 98 degrees..with 51% humidity.....Gotta love being sweaty!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,281 times
It will get into the 90s here in (some parts) San Diego, just not for a couple more months.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:23 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
It will get into the 90s here in (some parts) San Diego, just not for a couple more months.
Yes that's the key. The good thing for us is that at least it's not as hot as back east. SD stays in the high 70's most of the summer. But dew points can get into the mid to high 60's. That's high for west coast dew points.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 AM

28 posts, read 242,925 times
Pharmboy,
I so agree with you about the weather. I like to be outside in the summer without a jacket. I have been here almost 2 years and find the winters cooler than I expected. Sure, the sun does usually always come out, but the earth and the air are not warm enough to be sans jacket. When in car I bake. Still, I find it much better than WI. winters!

Being from midwest I was not expecting tropical weather, but am dissapointed that we don't have those 80 degree days that bring evenings warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the night air without a chill in it. Of course, if in WI. my sleevless arms, bare legs and ankles would have to be covered in DEET, ;-) !!

Also how cool it is at ocean suprised me at first, but then realized I took it for granted that the forcast was always "cooler near the lake" in Milwaukee, of course it's going to be "cooler near the ocean". I was not expecting the Marine Layer though!

For me it's not as perfect as I would like, but darn better than WI. winters. I figure sometimes you have to give a little to get more of what's really important. Not scraping ice, and not enduring another 5-6 month winter important to me. LOL!!
Minni
Minni
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego