U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2007, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,868 times

Advertisements

Has any one had experience with the Avalon at Mission Bay Apartment community managed by Avalon Communities?

Reviews on the internet have been pretty bad yet I liked the complex when I toured it, great area, reasonable pricing, etc.

I'm a 25 year old male and single. I figured it would be better to live in Mission Bay area vs my other option Mission Valley (La Mirage Apartments).

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 01:55 PM

35 posts, read 75,625 times
From what I hear, don't do it. You will never get your deposit back and they will find any little thing to nail you so you owe MORE. Plus mission bay can turn a little shady at night.

La Mirage is Nice, but way too much for what you get. I live across the street from them and they are noisy and overpriced. Look for rental condos in the same area, like I did. you will be much happier!

Hope this helps

Old 06-24-2007, 02:22 PM

12 posts, read 39,512 times
After researching and visiting every complex in and around Mission Valley, my roommate and I settled on La Mirage. No other complex compares, as far as amenities go, and the price is great. Not sure what Vegas is talking about... You'll pay around $1600-$1700 for a 2BR/2BA. Considering all the amenities, full gym and how nice the complex is, it's leagues above any other complex in that price range. There are other fantastic complexes, like Villa Dorado and Portofino, but you're looking at more like $1850-$2100 for a 2BR.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:16 PM

Simply coming from a cheaper apt market (in Vegas, AZ and NC), La Mirage is just too much money for what you are getting. All amenities are communal, that is not cool with me-there are way too many apartment (you get lost!) and if I am paying $800 for something, I better not need a roommate and I better not see sheet vinyl in the bathroom. That is just me, though. I love Cali, but I know when I am getting taken. That is the Vegas in me.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:27 PM

12 posts, read 39,512 times
I figured it had to do with where you lived previously. I'm used to paying over $1500 per month to share a 1BR with a wall up turning it into a 2BR in Manhattan. You get no pool, no tennis courts, no gym, no laundry in the apt and no 70* weather year round.

My point was really just that compared to the other nice complexes in MV, La Mirage isn't all that expensive. Of the 8 or so I checked out, it was actually the cheapest.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:34 PM

I hear ya on Manhattan. My friend moved after college and did the EXACT thing that you described...then got sick of it adn moved to Broklyn.

La Mirage is nice, don't get me wrong. just reminds me of the overpriced apartments that everyone wanted to live in in college, just because they have a lot of yound people there and the pool was like a nightclub on saturdays! I am a bargain hunter til I die and I don't do the roommate thing...La Mirage just wasn't going to to work for me. And $1500! Yikes!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,469 times
I live at the newest Avalon at Mission Bay, 351 King Street, San Francisco, CA. Since they are constructing a new building next door from a landfill site, the digging is causing many to get sick with allergies, skin irritations, etc. A Formalized Press Release will soon accompany this review.

Avalon Property Managers (Anna & Rabia) are no less than ignorant while ignoring medical notices from my physician to move away from the digging causing the issues. Avalon is not willing to pay for medical attention, prescriptions or provide air cleaners / air conditioning since we cannot open windows any longer due to the allergens outside our windows coming inside.

The District Manager (Christine Franz and her admin, Gloria) have been written, called and none have bothered to return the messages.

From dog **** left uncleaned in the hallways, to barking dogs playing in the common hallways at night, you will still pay premium prices for this less than premium residence and service.

Do yourself a favor and find another place to live. AVALON AT MISSION BAY IS BY FAR THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER LIVED. MUNI trains bells ring consistently at night, Caltrain Horns blow and there's always a HUM from the train station.

While new / nice on the outside, deceptively clean on the inside, wait until the dogs, allergens and noise begin to bother you and you'll understand why so many living here are not renewing their leases and moving away from Avalon Property Management. You can find anything nicer closer to the Embarcadero for less hassle.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 PM

52 posts, read 168,991 times
I live there currently (On Ingraham). Honestly, the price is too high. I get a bit annoyed by the drunk college kids. Yeah, its got the whole Socal scene (Palm trees, bikini girls at the pool all day with their implants, awesome location) but overall I just dont think its worth the price. What I hate about PB is that their really isnt any quality places to live, I work hard and make good money and I dont want to live in a shack with a zillion other people. So thats why I chose avalon. Im gonna move back to UTC soon

Old 08-27-2011, 11:17 PM

14 posts, read 25,557 times
Stay far far away from Avalon Mission Bay San Diego. Walls and windows are paper thin, you will never have a good nights sleep from all the inconsiderate idiots living there. Many pathetic loosers live here (including the tourists) that party till 6 or 7 in the morning, 7 days a week. Security is way understaffed and management could care less. Do not trust anything the management or the leasing staff says, they are the equivelant of a used car salesman. They had 10 apartment burglaries last week, vandalism happens on a weekly basis. Many many more issues about this place which I will address later.

Do not take my word on this place, talk to 10 current residents of Avalon and you will probably find 9 of them are miserable there and will move out when the lease ends. Crime can be verified with San Diego Police Department. Again stay far far far away from Avalon Mission Bay San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego