U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
24,923 posts, read 31,755,507 times
Reputation: 10577
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So when are there going to be any protests in Mission Viejo over any cause, either good or bad?
Apparently they don't like Muslims.

Quote:

Muslim holiday display vandalized in Mission Viejo, California

Jan 1, 2010

In Mission Viejo, Calif., vandals defaced the Muslim component of an interfaith holiday display. A piece of paper stuck to the display stated: No Islamic Lighthouses in the U.S.A.

The Muslim display included a verse from the Quran encouraging the unity of humankind and promoting righteousness. O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily, the most honored of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. (The Holy Quran, 49:13)

Americans of all faiths, and leaders of all political persuasions, must repudiate those who would divide our nation along religious or racial lines, said CAIR-LA Executive Director Hussam Ayloush.

Muslim holiday display vandalized in Mission Viejo, California The Islamic Workplace (http://makkah.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/muslim-holiday-display-vandalized-in-mission-viejo-california/ - broken link)
Such a pretty verse btw. Defaced in Mission Viejo.


http://makkah.files.wordpress.com/20...pg?w=300&h=400


http://makkah.files.wordpress.com/20...pg?w=300&h=400
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Mission Viejo, CA / San Rafael, CA
2,352 posts, read 2,901,277 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post

I graduated from the University of Akron with a degree in history and middle eastern studies .
That explains a lot.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Mission Viejo, CA / San Rafael, CA
2,352 posts, read 2,901,277 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Its worlds more noble than: "Israeli soldiers storm a ship carrying much needed supplies to oppressed Palestinians who are being held captive in the Gaza strip like prisoners."
Yes storming a ship that refuses to communicate with port, and then takes hotages is an unfortunate event, but unlike the incompetent police in Oakland, Israeli special forces know how to deal with law breakers.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 04:40 AM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
24,923 posts, read 31,755,507 times
Reputation: 10577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Yes storming a ship that refuses to communicate with port, and then takes hotages is an unfortunate event, but unlike the incompetent police in Oakland, Israeli special forces know how to deal with law breakers.
Yes, Israeli special forces know how to beat up defenseless peace activists trying to deliver supplies to oppressed Palestinians.

How hypocritical for a country that loves to talk about its suffering every chance it gets.

Still, not really a surprise.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 06:15 AM
 
15,575 posts, read 12,827,161 times
Reputation: 6027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Cause and effect. Without taking one side or the other, you have to understand that for each cause, there is an effect. You can't dehumanize EITHER group of people and not expect for there to be unwanted results from that.

Israel deserves protections, but so does Palestine. Only one of those countries, however, have been receiving those protections. The list of Israeli atrocities on the innocent men, women, and children in the WB and Gaza are evident to anyone who isn't blinded by them.

I won't get it into much further - I've been there. I enjoy both peoples. It's unfortunate how it has turned into but don't believe for a second that it's a one-way street. I witnessed atrocities, I wrote my university thesis in a centrist manner regarding the atrocities on both sides. There hasn't been any high ground.
Palestine is not a country and never has been an independent country.
All people deserve protection and that includes Israeli civilians who have been bombarded by Palestinian missiles from Gaza in the recent past.
Again the people of Gaza with money & connections have access to food & supplies. See
YouTube - Roots The Club

As for the blockading of a Chinese ship just because it happened to be near an Israeli ship (which the protesters were targeting) is not a good way of protesting the current situation in Gaza.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 AM
 
Location: A bit further north than before
1,522 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Reputation: 1194
Full disclosure - I worked for Zim in various commercial capacities for about 15 years in the 90's and early 2000's, so I got to know many Israelis and many Arabs very well. And here's the thing - there are no innocent parties in the Middle East. Perfectly normal people on both sides of the issue suddenly become raging xenophobic nutjobs as soon as the other side is brought up.

If Israel pulls off some stupid violent stunt, you can bet that their enemies did something equally repulsive to trigger it, and vice versa. Both sides play the innocent victim role very well in public, but they're more than equally complicit in the troubles.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
 
17 posts, read 8,173 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, Israeli special forces know how to beat up defenseless peace activists trying to deliver supplies to oppressed Palestinians.

How hypocritical for a country that loves to talk about its suffering every chance it gets.

Still, not really a surprise.
Sir, are you serious?

I strongly advise against ill talking, especially when you REFUSE to know all the facts.
There are PLENTY of photos and videos, showing how NOT defenseless these "peace" activists were, showing what weapons were used against the special forces, showing how soldiers with training to kill in an instant were beaten up, and even kidnapped. Moreover, the real peace activists that were on the ship, later on reported the real occur of events.

Israel has it's rights to protect its citizens, and demanded only one thing: to check the ship at the port in Ashdod, and, to the watching eyes of the world, deliver the supplies to Gaza.
See for yourself, how the recent ships acted peacefully, and so their requests were accepted by the Israeli government.

"How hypocritical for a country that loves to talk about its suffering every chance it gets."
To tell you the truth, I will feel ashamed commenting on this.. You obviously haven't done any homework.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Mission Viejo, CA / San Rafael, CA
2,352 posts, read 2,901,277 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyki View Post
Sir, are you serious?

I strongly advise against ill talking, especially when you REFUSE to know all the facts.
There are PLENTY of photos and videos, showing how NOT defenseless these "peace" activists were, showing what weapons were used against the special forces, showing how soldiers with training to kill in an instant were beaten up, and even kidnapped. Moreover, the real peace activists that were on the ship, later on reported the real occur of events.

Israel has it's rights to protect its citizens, and demanded only one thing: to check the ship at the port in Ashdod, and, to the watching eyes of the world, deliver the supplies to Gaza.
See for yourself, how the recent ships acted peacefully, and so their requests were accepted by the Israeli government.

"How hypocritical for a country that loves to talk about its suffering every chance it gets."
To tell you the truth, I will feel ashamed commenting on this.. You obviously haven't done any homework.
It's almost surreal isn't it? I've honestly never met anyone online or in real life that is as clueless about the issues in the Middle East as she is (18Montclair claims to be a woman).

It's one thing to be ignorant about an issue, and then try and find out the facts. It's another thing to purposefully spread obviously false information in a weak attempt to make a point.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Mission Viejo, CA / San Rafael, CA
2,352 posts, read 2,901,277 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

How hypocritical for a country that loves to talk about its suffering every chance it gets.
At least they do something about their problems instead of begging for handouts.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 AM
 
17 posts, read 8,173 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Cause and effect. Without taking one side or the other, you have to understand that for each cause, there is an effect. You can't dehumanize EITHER group of people and not expect for there to be unwanted results from that.

Israel deserves protections, but so does Palestine. Only one of those countries, however, have been receiving those protections. The list of Israeli atrocities on the innocent men, women, and children in the WB and Gaza are evident to anyone who isn't blinded by them.

I won't get it into much further - I've been there. I enjoy both peoples. It's unfortunate how it has turned into but don't believe for a second that it's a one-way street. I witnessed atrocities, I wrote my university thesis in a centrist manner regarding the atrocities on both sides. There hasn't been any high ground.
Atrocities?
Terrorism, my friend, has it's price. As much as Israel aspires to, there cannot be any battlefield without the cost of innocent lives.
However, as much as it pains me, I look at the simple facts altogether:

Violence and terrorism acts (that led to the murder of hundreds of people, including men, women and children) were executed on almost every continent on this world, by Arabs\Islam activists, in the name of Allah.

When Israelis die, all you hear is some rumble "condemnation" of the acts, but when Israeli responds in proportion (direct hits -destruction of missiles launchers, assassination of terrorists) people go nuts about "atrocities"
Hell, even the Arabs murder themselves in Gaza, a.k.a Hamas vs Fatah.
I think it's pretty obvious the message of "say no to violence" doesn't come much in their curriculum, heh

Gaza strip chose democratically in terrorism.
Maybe I should rephrase that - G.S chose, willingly and under wide consciousness, the path of causing suffer and pain, murder. If you had really been there, you should've seen the glory and the happiness upon hearing the news that Israelis were killed. Barbaric, I think..

You talk about women and children - what about the fact that kids around the age of 6, are given weapons and Hamas flag, and participate in marches?
What about women that hide terrorists?
What about the HUMAN SHIELDS OF CHILDREN that are used to prevent Israel from bombarding?
What about the sad fact that prisoners in Israel are in jail - given bed, food, roof, clothes, the ability to have academic degrees, and when Israeli citizen is kidnapped - he is denied all that, and you have to release hundreds of terrorists for a video that proves he is even alive?

Wow, the list goes so much on..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top