U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:27 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,489,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
Then just stick with Subway. Sounds like your ideal sandwich place. Why fix what ain't broke? If it's all about how you eat and not what you eat, then I think you and Subway are perfect for each other! The Subway on Polk and Sutter (I believe) has plenty of seats and refillable drinks, including Fuzion tea.

However, I think all most of us are saying, I know I am at least, is that the places we're recommending are worth a break in your criteria because the food is so great. You can like what you like, and you have Subway and Panera to fulfill everything you need, but if you want to get a high quality sandwich it's safe to say that Subway and Panera aren't it.
Subway is in my rotation. Like I said in the original post, it's just kind of hard to believe it's the only place in all of SF that fits what I like in a restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 PM

5,245 posts, read 6,794,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
What would the temperarture in SF have to do with availiblity/interest in fresh-brewed tea? Do places also not serve cold, iced fountain drinks? LOL
In the South people drink iced tea when it's hot out because it's refreshing. It's not a big thing in California because it's not the South, and it never gets hot enough in SF for iced tea to be refreshing.

In any case this is kind of a silly topic and you are being confrontational and obnoxious towards everyone here. And Subway is garbage, their ingredients are like plastic and I've gotten sick eating there before.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:39 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,304,662 times
Quote:
Subway is in my rotation. Like I said in the original post, it's just kind of hard to believe it's the only place in all of SF that fits what I like in a restaurant.
Well, everything can't be everywhere.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 AM

2,958 posts, read 3,719,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Well, the first person who answered the fact that no small business owner is going to allow you free refills and such, they are right on.

However, I am still playing, and without that parameter, we're talking hands down, you must be talking about Yellow Submarine corner of 6th and Irving on Irving.

Ask for the chicken sandwich (with onions) ancient family recipe, and no she will not tell you what all the spices are but it is awesome.

My husband and I are both former East Coasters ranging from grinder/hoagie/sub territory of Boston/Philly/NYC and we love this place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
Why so specific? You miss out on a lot of good sandwiches if you're only willing to eat in a place that meets all of your criteria. However, if you're ever willing to bend a little, give Miller's a try (on Polk, between Clay and Washington). Bite is pretty good, too (on Sutter, near the corner of Leavenworth). Those two have become my go-to places for sandwiches, and both fit for numbers 1, 2, and 5, possibly 3, but not 4. Sorry.
I cosign these (actually I mentioned both of them already ). I haven't tried Bite yet (I need to give it a shot tho!), but the other two are definitely worth checking out, even if they don't fit all of your criteria.

As for finding you a perfect fit, I think Boudins will be your best bet. I believe they have free refills, and the sandwiches aren't bad at all. Not what I would call the best SF has to offer, but decent and should fit what you're seeking.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
LOL. What is your experience with Mexican food in Southern California? That's what I thought...
LMFAO!! Did andy the mentally challenged troll just now suggest that DC has WAY better Mexican food than SF??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah, and Arizona has better chowder and Maine lobster rolls than New England!

Man, I never really thought Texas sucked so bad until I saw how desperately this fool tries to boost it over SF at EVERY angle LOL. I guess it really doesn't offer enough to stand on its own without having this complete imbecile throw out endless lies and exaggerations in order to make it sound like Heaven on Earth and make SF out to have no value whatsoever. How freakin lame lol!

I notice his SF attacks come in spurts whenever the weather is particularly cold/gloomy, like a woman on her rag lol.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:29 AM

7,558 posts, read 10,499,295 times
Quote:
What would the temperarture in SF have to do with availiblity/interest in fresh-brewed tea? Do places also not serve cold, iced fountain drinks? LOL
I think what's going on is at a lot of places the big tea thing is "Sweet Tea" -- which is, well -- a sugary drink. I drink iced tea all the time when we go out (I'm diabetic and don't drink soda) and lately friends have been reminding me that "some of those teas" have as much sugar as soda.

It's like plain old fashioned iced tea doesn't exist anymore, everything is Sweet Tea.

Luckily servers haven't started automatically reaching for sweet tea when I ask for iced tea.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 AM

1,546 posts, read 1,888,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
I notice his SF attacks come in spurts whenever the weather is particularly cold/gloomy
I see you are finally realizing how sad and gloomy the weather is. That's a big step for you in becoming more honest. In any case, this is for the RECORD. I absolutely loathe the eff*ing weather in SF and so does everybody else except for suburban bridge and tunnel trolls like you!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:18 AM

1,546 posts, read 1,888,481 times
Quote:
As for finding you a perfect fit, I think Boudins will be your best bet
LOL! I think you need a hand saw or something to cut the Boudin bread. Their bread should be banned for human consumption.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
I cosign these (actually I mentioned both of them already ). I haven't tried Bite yet (I need to give it a shot tho!), but the other two are definitely worth checking out, even if they don't fit all of your criteria.

As for finding you a perfect fit, I think Boudins will be your best bet. I believe they have free refills, and the sandwiches aren't bad at all. Not what I would call the best SF has to offer, but decent and should fit what you're seeking.
edit: Almost forgot to mention that I too strongly recommend that super-delicious chicken sandwich with onions at Yellow Sub - listen to Bellalunatic on that one b/c its excellent! I suggest eating it while its still warm though; reheated its not nearly as good, although if you try it reheated your first time it will still seem very good.

And Millers is great for pastrami on rye, hot dogs (they have this one with cole slaw and grilled bologna that's excellent!), and a ton of other great stuff they have on their menu. Both places are awesome. Man, I think I'm gonna have to hit up one of them tomorrow now that I think about it lol!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:02 AM

12,100 posts, read 10,930,230 times
Sounds like you want Quiznos. Check out the one on Polk Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland