Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yeah we get it, you like that sterile new McMansion style so prevalent in Texas, a state where low standards is the norm.
That depends, have you actually been to Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,515,224 times
Quote:
Yeah we get it, you like that sterile new McMansion style so prevalent in Texas, a state where low standards is the norm.
I mean really??? Have you ever been to anywhere in TX equivalent of WC like say Frisco, TX which is Dallas suburb or The Woodlands, TX which is a Houston suburb? McMansion or not, WC looks like a slum compared to these places. But I accept WC has better natural scenery in short distance.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 PM

18,978 posts, read 32,586,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Mesherle is incompetent and very likely a thuggish cop but thats not the issue here. The issue what is the point of the pro-Mesherle rally? Why are these people so much in love with an idiot who killed an innocent person for no reason whatsoever? Sorry! I don't understand what these supporters are trying to convey when Oscar Grant's family is still grieving their loss.
How many times do I need to repeat the same thing to you? read it slowly now and try to let it sink in: They are probably holding this pro-Mesherle rally to counter all of the other protests calling him a violent murderer since many people do not agree he was a cold blooded murderer. Do you get it know? If not then reread what Puddy4lyF wrote.
Quote:
BTW, I have seen racists justify their behavior in all kinds of twisted, indirect ways and guess what? I dont like any of that
ok, either way what Mesherle did does not automatically make him a racist. And on the other end of the spectrum there are plenty of people that will just blindly call anyone a racist that may not agree with their viewpoint, it goes both ways.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:53 PM

18,978 posts, read 32,586,867 times
Quote:
I mean really??? Have you ever been to anywhere in TX equivalent of WC like say Frisco, TX which is Dallas suburb or The Woodlands, TX which is a Houston suburb? McMansion or not, WC looks like a slum compared to these places. But I accept WC has better natural scenery in short distance.
No I haven't been to Texas so I'm not speaking from experience but said that based on the crap you've complained about before. And you mentioning Frisco and The Woodlands just proves my point further that you prefer new, sterile, McMansion suburbs as those are EXACTLY the type of places I was thinking of. I have some knowledge on those two areas and have seen many pictures, especially of their new "town center" developments. It's screams pre-planned, sterile suburbia. Frisco's "Legacy Town Center" is a joke compared to Downtown WC. Typical that they would abandon their traditional Main St downtown to build some new "town center" style crap on the outskirts in addition to the stereotypical mall. And the Woodlands is the same; a cheesy, sterile Town Center next to a giant indoor mall. I'm sure the homes there a big and nice and have a bunch of those cheesy gables, but those are typical McMansions I was speaking of. You like those sterile, new, pre-planned communities and WC is generally not that type of place. It's growth is more organic and not new and planned. If that is the "standard" about what constitutes a nice suburb in TX then I stand by my statement about low standards being the norm there.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,248,038 times
LOL@ anyone from Oakland making fun of Walnut Creek. That's equivalent to a guy driving a pinto making fun of a guy driving a Mercedes.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:40 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,591,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Never been a fan of the Walnut Creek area myself. Figures the protesters would chose the generic suburban wasteland for their actions, they probably figure that they'll have plenty of apathetic zombies out there and no major blowback.
I grew up/live in Oakland and none of the Police Officers I know live here... I do know several that live in Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill and Lafayette...

It is said that all politics is local.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,350,825 times
Quote:
Dude, WC is anything but a slum. I can understand if you don't care much for it, a lot of people don't but it is certainly not one would consider a slum. Please do not become the Mr. Craptastic of Walnut Creek.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM

171 posts, read 669,612 times
According to the news they picked Walnut Creek simply because of its central location.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,970 times
Quote:
No I haven't been to Texas so I'm not speaking from experience
Then the rest is irrelevant.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:14 PM

36,652 posts, read 67,420,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
And a nice new 44,000 square foot library!

There really is no need to rip on WC - I think they're more jealous than anything else.
Oakland gets ripped on more than any city in the Bay Area. There mere mention of its name incites all sorts of incredibly ignorant comments.

Welcome to our world WC.

But I have to agree that WC and its residents for the most part are not to blame for such as ridiculous gathering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland