Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:37 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times

Advertisements

Photos released in Google job hopeful's killing

These animals need to be put down like the dogs that they are.

I hope they catch these scum like the other monsters who killed that other asian father in Oakland.

Black on asian crime is not cool and needs to be addressed in the bay area. It is clear this is becoming a problem, as thugs from oakland see the asians as 'weak'.

Well the only thing week about this story is the fact that this guy was a father of three and a productive individual, while these animals which society could cleary do with out probably spent that 17 dollars on a dub of purple weed.

I hate the east bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM

47 posts, read 35,005 times
Are you trying to battle Mr. Fantastic for the Oakland hating forum idiot trophy? There is no Black Vs. Asian problem in Oakland.

"I hate Sacramento and their young people vs. old people killings"

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/kitsap/n.../90859479.html

Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Hey now. I remember a couple years ago, there was a teenaged Asian girl who was gunned down in Alameda, and the sfgate boards were on fire with statements about how black people were targetting Asians for being the "weaker" minority, and that black people brought crime into otherwise-safe white/Asian suburbs. Many Asian people logged on and reminded everyone that the girl murdered was an honor student whose family had moved from their southeast Asian nation (I think it was Cambodia or Laos?) a few years earlier, her parents were hard workers, and speculated that a poor black kid raised on food stamps had shot her out of jealousy or a genetic/social predisposition to wanting to hurt the innocent.

...then it turned out the shooter was a teenaged Asian-American kid who was trying to prove he was "hard" so he could join the Asian gang his brothers and uncles were in. He stalked the girl and her friends in a park with some of his buddies, came up behind her, plugged her in the back without saying anything, and then they ran away like the cowards they were.

Turning this into a case of race-on-race crime is foolish, short-sighted and ultimately just incindiary and pointless.

If I was there in the car in front of them, they'd probably have gone for me: on the night in question, I was wearing a $100 dress shirt with a white collar and cufflinks, and I drive a convertible sports car (and they would, indeed, have made off with more money). If there was an older black guy dressed nicer than me carrying a briefcase and talking into a Blackberry that had walked by, they probably would have gone for him instead because it would have been an "easier" taget and in their simple minds, the briefcase would have been filled with jewels, wads of cash, and a laptop.

People who commit crimes like this are equal-opportunity scumbags.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Hey now. I remember a couple years ago, there was a teenaged Asian girl who was gunned down in Alameda, and the sfgate boards were on fire with statements about how black people were targetting Asians for being the "weaker" minority, and that black people brought crime into otherwise-safe white/Asian suburbs. Many Asian people logged on and reminded everyone that the girl murdered was an honor student whose family had moved from their southeast Asian nation (I think it was Cambodia or Laos?) a few years earlier, her parents were hard workers, and speculated that a poor black kid raised on food stamps had shot her out of jealousy or a genetic/social predisposition to wanting to hurt the innocent.

...then it turned out the shooter was a teenaged Asian-American kid who was trying to prove he was "hard" so he could join the Asian gang his brothers and uncles were in. He stalked the girl and her friends in a park with some of his buddies, came up behind her, plugged her in the back without saying anything, and then they ran away like the cowards they were.

Turning this into a case of race-on-race crime is foolish, short-sighted and ultimately just incindiary and pointless.

If I was there in the car in front of them, they'd probably have gone for me: on the night in question, I was wearing a $100 dress shirt with a white collar and cufflinks, and I drive a convertible sports car (and they would, indeed, have made off with more money). If there was an older black guy dressed nicer than me carrying a briefcase and talking into a Blackberry that had walked by, they probably would have gone for him instead because it would have been an "easier" taget and in their simple minds, the briefcase would have been filled with jewels, wads of cash, and a laptop.

People who commit crimes like this are equal-opportunity scumbags.

I disagree, i highly doubt those two people in the picture would have stuck up black and brown people in hip hop gear that looked like thugs.

It was a man and a woman, and they clearly looked for a weak target. The guy was going to his car with an asian woman, the thugs probably took them for yuppies and stuck them up.

Its so sad because this guy was in the bay applying for work at google, a respectable silicon valley company, and he got robbed and killed in Oakland. This is exactly why I warn outsiders not framiliar with the dangerous ghetto of oakland to avoid it, because when things like this happen its so sad. All this could have been avoided if he just stayed out of oakland.

I think a lot of people are trying to tip toe around the idea ( in typical bay area PC fashion) that these thugs in the bay precieve asians as being weak and submissive and as such, target them for crimes such as strong arm robberies.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Crimes like this are so disgusting and I wish nothing more than to eliminate the people who committ them. There is a segment of the population that is beyond help and I want them gone.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I disagree, i highly doubt those two people in the picture would have stuck up black and brown people in hip hop gear that looked like thugs.

It was a man and a woman, and they clearly looked for a weak target. The guy was going to his car with an asian woman, the thugs probably took them for yuppies and stuck them up.

Its so sad because this guy was in the bay applying for work at google, a respectable silicon valley company, and he got robbed and killed in Oakland. This is exactly why I warn outsiders not framiliar with the dangerous ghetto of oakland to avoid it, because when things like this happen its so sad. All this could have been avoided if he just stayed out of oakland.

I think a lot of people are trying to tip toe around the idea ( in typical bay area PC fashion) that these thugs in the bay precieve asians as being weak and submissive and as such, target them for crimes such as strong arm robberies.
Yeah, two thugged-out hip-hop dudes? Probably not, because there would have been a chance they would have pulled a gun in response.

What I posed was a middle-aged or older black man, dressed in a suit, with a briefcase. People like this prey on who the percieve to be weak, and a "yuppie" of any color who's sitting in a car with a woman is definitely "weak" by their mind.

I agree with you: this is horrible, this is tragic. I can't imagine what his wife and children are going through back in Virginia right now. No one should have to go through that, and thinking about what the scene in his house must be like right now and what his wife and children are feeling makes my eyes hurt, and makes me want to throw up.

I find it regrettable that there are people who are willing to take any tragedy and turn it into a casus belli for their agendas of blaming races as a whole as opposed to the individuals who committed the crime.

I'll let you all in on a little secret: I am probably one of the only people on this board - or who you'll ever meet - who has killed someone. I was mugged in Venice when I was walking around with my ex, who incidentally is hapa (half Japanese/half white). I'm a tall white dude, and I never get messed with on my own because I hit the gym often, I took martial arts, and I grew up on a military base, so I hold myself high and am aware of my surroundings. But on that night, we were walking hand-in-hand and went down a street where the street light was out.

A guy came out from behind a parked car and charged at her, because she was the weaker of the two of us. He put a screwdriver at her head and said "I've got a knife, I will kill your wife, give me your wallet." I looked into his eyes, told him to cool it, that he could have it, and I handed it to him. He looked at the wallet, looked at me (I wear glasses and on that night, looked particularly hipster-ish in a forward facing driver's cap and a blue German Navy jacket with the little German flags on the shoulders). He figured that was that, and took my wallet. He let go of her to thumb through it and see how much cash was in there.

I'm a lefty, and my grandfather was a heavyweight boxer: he taught me how to fake with my right and hit with my left, and that's what I did: I faked with my left, and with my left, I plunged the weighted knife I carried with me everywhere - just in case - into his gut, and then back out. He dropped the wallet, looked at me, looked down, and then moved his hand back like he was going to hit me with the screwdriver, so I shanked him again, and this time, I did it harder and held. I could feel the top of the serrated blade skip across his ribcage/sternum as I pulled it out.

He started to lumber away, and I looked over at my ex, who started screaming. We ran back to the major boulevard and flagged someone down, and called the police. She'd peed herself and sat on the curb sobbing, and I realized I had blood all over my hand and the cuff of my sleeve. The cops came and found the trail of blood, which had bile in it, and one of them remarked "ooh, see that? That's bile. You got him good, got him in the liver."

The cops drove us home, where I cleared a bottle of champagne, and puked. Then, I went to sleep, and had to go down to Pacific Precinct the next day to go over photos and make statements. They asked me if I wanted to see the crime scene photos, and I said "sure." I was looking at the photo of him curled in a fetal position on his side. He had a grey hoodie and the whole front of it was dark brown, and the puddle under him was about the same shade as his skin. I never saw "a black guy," I saw a guy who threatened to kill someone I loved. If I'd been black, or she'd been black, I doubt it would have ended any differently. He went for her because he figured he had me by the nuts, and his decision got him killed. I've dealt with it in my own way and have come to grips with it, I don't like talking about it and none of my friends or family ever bring it up, but my ex went through tons of counselling and admitted to me that she couldn't talk to me or be around me anymore because even though I had always been really gentle to her - hell, I'm a vegetarian and I raise parrots - every time she looked at me, all she could think of was violence and fear and death.

It's a horrific situation, and I'm probably better suited than most to comment on it. Race has little to do with this. Don't make it into a race issue.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Heavy stuff man, you did what you had to do. And you make some good points, this is part of the reason conceal to carry for every day law abiding citizens is so important. But youre not the only person I have met who has killed people. My old man has 15 certified kills of NVA and VC from 1969-70 but I understand where you are coming from.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:06 PM

5 posts, read 9,322 times
I'm not going to get into any sociological discussions about Oakland here, but to be killed over $17, after you've willingly given up that $17, is just sad. I feel terrible for Kang's family.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Heavy stuff man, you did what you had to do. And you make some good points, this is part of the reason conceal to carry for every day law abiding citizens is so important. But youre not the only person I have met who has killed people. My old man has 15 certified kills of NVA and VC from 1969-70 but I understand where you are coming from.
Yeah, my dad killed in Iraq and has medals for it, but the difference is that I was walking home from a plate of orange tofu at Mao's Kitchen, as opposed to walking through a war zone. My dad and I can kind of relate to eachother, but I didn't have to hunt people down and take the aggressive role, and he didn't get jumped while coming back from dinner.

I read a book on "killology," which is the study of killing on the human psyche, its ramifications, and the tolls it takes on you. When you come to the realization that you can go from talking about Nick Cave to killing another human being in thirty seconds (as I did), or that all you have to do is pull a trigger or push a button and people cease to live (as was the case with our fathers), you become unpleasantly aware of how fragile and irreplaceable life is.

I have a hard time watching violent movies now: I tried watching one of the saw movies with a friend and felt like I was going to cry before demanding to turn it off. I saw the trailer for 2012 in the theatre, and same deal: I saw all the people running in terror to try not to get killed, and I felt my heart rate rise and got sick to my stomach.

That said, I do support concealed carry. I carry a knife with me every night when I walk home. I'm not paranoid, nor do I look for a fight, but I know what the reality is. And again, the reality is not black people killing Asian people because they're Asian, it's an aggressor taking advantage of a patsy. That guy could have been anything if he was in that car at that time with a woman, and the same thing would have happened because they were out looking for someone to rob.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:27 PM

Well my old man killed in NAM, but back then they did not really give draftees medals for trying to stay alive. Good to know the military has changed things and your dad has some cool medals. Only medal my dad got was a purple heart for taking shrapnell from a grenade. But thats another story we can get to in another thread.

See the problem is you are trying to act is if you know the killers motives and theories. You have no idea whether or not this crime was racially motivated or not and neither do I. The fact of the matter is that black on asian crime has been happening in the bay area (whether racially motivated or not) and it needs to be addressed.

Nothing is going to get solved if bay area residents keep having the stereotypical yokal california burry your head in the sand mentality. Every body just has this out of site out of mind mentality to try to get through day to day life, with out addressing problems. Thats why the quality of life in the east bay keeps getting lower and lower.

You say that guy 'could have been anything". But that is not true. he was born asian and looked asian, the only 'anything' he could be was asian.

I would not be surprised in the least if the killers walked by half a dozen blacks and hispanics before finding their "soft" target.

This type of stuff needs to be addressed in the bay area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland