Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
First of all TOP PRIORITY in Oakland should be to FIX THE INFRASTRUCTURE. My damn road hasn't repaved in the 24 years I've lived here. NONE of the roads in my neighborhood have. My curbs are crumbling.

It should be TOP PRIORITY to fix OUR SCHOOLS.

And show me the money and figures. I want hard dollar figures that tell me that by GIVING a large plot of land worth how much money will bring in how many jobs -- and what kind of jobs -- and HOW MANY NIGHTS A YEAR THOSE JOBS WILL HAPPEN -- because since all this brouhaha about a new stadium has started -- I haven't found a SINGLE PIECE OF HARD EVIDENCE to back up these pie in the sky claims of all this money and all these jobs. I see all sorts of faux facts that it will do this -- but nothing telling me what we as a city have to bring to the table in cash and tax incentives and whatevers -- and what we will get in return.

And you wanna know why? Because sports teams are big money losers for a lot of cities.

Look at the 49's development. THAT is a SUCCESSFUL sports franchise with a real plan and THEY couldn't make it happen.

Keep in mind -- I'm not Mr Fantastic with his anti-Oakland it's all a cesspool stance. I live here.
Tallysmom and I rarely agree, but on this stadium issue, I haven't seen an Oakland resident post more truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Tallysmom and I rarely agree, but on this stadium issue, I haven't seen an Oakland resident post more truth.
Yeah -- and as Jimmy Cagney said Sunday in the West Point Story -- Your mother wears suspenders.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yeah -- and as Jimmy Cagney said Sunday in the West Point Story -- Your mother wears suspenders.
Only to hold up her big fat pants.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:11 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,306 times
Mr. Fantastic, first time an Oakland resident has spoke the truth? HaHa. You fear what you don't believe. So of course you support or agree with whoever sides with your true intentions. This is too blatant . Dozens of Oaklanders tell you 1 thing, 1 Oaklander tells you something that's parallel to your negative intentions. And then you piggyback

When the state decides to cut your school system budget, how do you maintain? How do you maintain?

Those figures you mention are brought up in conferences between the concerning entities, they have not been released to the public.

According to Eric Angstadt, deputy director of the city's community and economic development office.

And from the SF Gate Article

Oakland proposed three sites for A's stadium - SFGate

Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Mr. Fantastic, first time an Oakland resident has spoke the truth? HaHa. You fear what you don't believe. So of course you support or agree with whoever sides with your true intentions. This is too blatant . Dozens of Oaklanders tell you 1 thing, 1 Oaklander tells you something that's parallel to your negative intentions. And then you piggyback

When the state decides to cut your school system budget, how do you maintain? How do you maintain?

Those figures you mention are brought up in conferences between the concerning entities, they have not been released to the public.

According to Eric Angstadt, deputy director of the city's community and economic development office.

Look, you can argue all you want. I posted a similar challenge to Oakland Stadium nuts a few months ago.

If the Oakland A's even get 50% of the funding needed to complete a JLS stadium by 2011, I'll give you $5,000 cash. If they don't, you give me $5,000 cash.

Deal?

Old 09-14-2010, 12:42 PM

675 posts, read 1,190,401 times
I really like the Jack London Square area, perfect place for a stadium.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:04 PM

527 posts, read 1,577,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs99 View Post
I really like the Jack London Square area, perfect place for a stadium.
Sketches and potential locations here: Baseball Oakland

Of all the locations, I think Howard Terminal is the best, though Victory Court is the preferred location for being more walkable.

News article: http://www.mercurynews.com/southbaby...ll/ci_15893394

"Oakland's redevelopment agency has the resources to buy land for a new stadium and give or lease it to the A's."

Old 09-14-2010, 03:39 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,306 times
A wager huh. Hahaha. You've become so low

Old 09-14-2010, 05:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post

And they haven't been released why? Because they aren't the pie in the sky amounts they are promising. If they were great figures, they would be leaked....

And second of all -- the Jack London Market hasn't opened..... what does that say about the times we are in?

Building a stadium right here, right now is WRONG...it's bad timing, all around.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:49 PM

99 posts, read 193,813 times
Is this 19th Street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland