U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SF Resident: Do you own a car (please list your neighborhood as well.)
YES 4 44.44%
NO 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 05:31 AM

70 posts, read 304,550 times

Advertisements

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU LIVE IN THE CITY OF SF (i.e., NOT East Bay, Marin, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 AM

5,242 posts, read 11,467,394 times
I lived in SF for 6 years and I never had a car.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 PM

802 posts, read 2,057,643 times
I have a car and live in the Pac Heights neighborhood. I have a garage, but would not have any problems finding a spot on my block if I had to park on the street.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 PM

4,152 posts, read 9,843,849 times
I lived in SF for 6 years and I had a car. I started out renting a garage but found that people would constantly block my access to it. grrrrrr.
Towing people became a real pain in the arse and a waste of my time.
I moved to other places, had free parking at one house (!) and then lived with street parking for 4 years.
Always made sure to rent in neighborhoods that did not have that stupid residential parking permit 2 hour limit crap. Worked out fine.
Parking became part of my job after getting off work late at night...

Western Addition, Panhandle, Upper Haight hoods.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:58 PM

3,930 posts, read 7,745,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
I lived in SF for 6 years and I had a car. I started out renting a garage but found that people would constantly block my access to it. grrrrrr.
Towing people became a real pain in the arse and a waste of my time.
I moved to other places, had free parking at one house (!) and then lived with street parking for 4 years.
Always made sure to rent in neighborhoods that did not have that stupid residential parking permit 2 hour limit crap. Worked out fine.
Parking became part of my job after getting off work late at night...

Western Addition, Panhandle, Upper Haight hoods.
Hahaha-- yeah, those 2 hr limit areas- I almost forgot! Also, if you live anywhere on the MUNI line there's street cleaning 4X a week, either side of the road and red zones in front of most stops! Sucked beyond belief!

Never live right on a street where there's bus stop or MUNI line!

Was in the City for around 30yrs---I also had a car. It was a must for me despite the parking issues (of course way back when, it wasn't bad at all!) Used to park no problem on even super busy streets like Haight, Clement, or Union. By the time I moved out of the City--parking was a nightmare everywhere. Seems like everyone living there now must have at least 2 cars now.

Oops, I guess I shouldn't be answering since the OP said people that live in San Francisco only. Nearly my whole life was spent there but I guess I don't matter anymore

Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 AM

334 posts, read 943,453 times
I lived in SF's Noe Valley for 2 years w/ 2 cars and we had 2 parking spots included in our rent. We also had tons of street parking so often one of us would park on the street so the other car wouldn't be blocked in. Our spots were tandem not side by side.

I think Noe is a pretty easy part of the city for parking...especially compared to surrounding neighborhoods of Castro and Mission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland