U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 10:51 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,985,038 times

Advertisements

the Fisherman's Wharf area?

I'm hoping to find:

a great restaurant for families

a great restaurant for mom and dad when we can ditch the kids for one evening.

But all fairly close (mild walk) from Fisherman's Wharf.

Thank you!!

Alley
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 12:59 PM

3,700 posts, read 13,628,997 times
Fishermans Wharf is FULL of restaurants. You can't miss them. Most of them tend to specialize is seafood. Try Italian |seafood | restaurants| san francisco :: Aliotos On Fisherman's Wharf :: or Tarantino Restaurant

Also, go down to Ghirardelli Square and visit the ice creme shop www.ghirardelli.com/shops/ghirmenu_aug2010.pdf (broken link)

Old 09-04-2010, 01:27 PM

5,242 posts, read 11,933,418 times
Usually I avoid Fisherman's Wharf because it's very touristy but last month my family was in town and they really wanted to go, so we picked a random place and ended up at Capurro's, which was pretty good. The fish tacos were great. I got fish n' chips which were pretty decent. It wasn't expensive but it wasn't cheap either.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:58 PM

129 posts, read 388,029 times
I ate at Aliotos when I was there in April. It is nice, but expensive.

However, their cheesecake is to die for!!!!!!!!! Best cheesecake I've ever had!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 12:40 AM

6 posts, read 12,422 times
I'm a local and the only places I know of that my friends venture to in the wharf area are The Buena Vista Cafe and Gary Danko.

Could you cab or take the F-train a mile or two from the wharf? The wharf is not a destination for locals and it's not because of the tourists. We stay away because of the high prices for very mediocre food!

Do you want casual or fine dining? Any preferences?

Italian/French/American/Chinese/Vegetarian/Middle-Eastern/Spanish/Mexican are all in the area.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:13 AM

5,242 posts, read 11,933,418 times
This morning I went to Alcatraz and for lunch we went to the Pier 23 cafe which is a pretty cool restaurant. Fortunately it was warm and sunny out so we ate outside. The food is pretty good and not horribly expensive. I got a burger that was really good. It was crowded but it doesn't feel like a tourist trap maybe because it's a bit further south of Fisherman's Wharf. I'd recommend it as a place to take the family for lunch if you want to sit outside on a nice day.

Our Food & Cocktail Menu : Pier 23 Café : San Francisco, CA

Old 09-06-2010, 09:36 AM

386 posts, read 718,763 times
This is a chain, but they do a great job. For family and for adults:

Il Fornaio

Close and eclectic for adults:

butterfly restaurant - pier 33 - san francisco - 94111

If you don't mind walking down to Broadway, this is one of my favorite Chinese (Hunan style) restaurants. Good for a family, but hot and spicy food. The closest would be Sansome Street location. No reservation required. Warehouse atmosphere.

Henry's Hunan Restaurant, San Francisco, CA – Chinese Restaurant, Buffet, Chinese Food

Most foodies would head to the Slanted Door at the Ferry Bldg. I would recommend taking the street car from Pier 39 for the adults.

The Slanted Door

Most of the above can use Opentable for reservations.

Also for casual family dining (lunch) at the Ferry Building:

http://gottsroadside.com/menu/Gott%2..._WEB_60910.pdf

Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 PM

323 posts, read 645,530 times
Tarantino's on the wharf is a class act no matter what anyone tells you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland