Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
When the ban on same-sex marriage in California is lifted, I think the one troll who is ostensibly in both OC and Marin and is fixated with bashing Oakland and the other troll who's fixated on glorifying the South Bay/Peninsula/Silicon Valley, obsessed with hedge funds, and bashing just about everywhere else in the state except for the Peninsula/Silicon Valley and L.A.'s Westside (despite him knowing absolutely nothing about the latter) should tie the knot.

They'd make a great couple. ):

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,006,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Long time no see
Hey. I know huh? Life has a way of getting in the way of my screen time.

Sadly, things have not improved around here. Still no SF Mod.? What's up with that?
You'd think that the right wing themed mod-sters would be climbing all over each other and themselves to get the chance to oficially rip some serious liberal folks around here in the SF sub forum on a daily basis.

What's up with that?!

Old 09-13-2010, 10:23 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,006,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Dude SERIOUSLY!!!! That's exactly what happened to me recently and I just don't freakin get it! I've tried asking the mods a few times why {insert descriptive term} like him or any of the other obvious trolls are permitted to have their free run on here while the rest of us are apparently the only ones expected to follow the rules 100% of the time. It really makes no sense to me.

If they want to police the forums, then why aren't they doing anything about all those who CONTINUALLY stir things up? And if they are going to choose to be accepting of that crap, then why do they bother issuing infractions to those of us who only react? If they don't like the direction a lot of these discussions wind up taking (just like how most of us don't), then why on Earth do they not nip it in the bud and penalize the trolls? I have not been able to get my head around this, and I can see that I am not the only one!

I completely agree with you all. I have some of them on ignore, but when so many threads end up derailed b/c of jerks with the worst of intentions (who shall remain nameless for the moment b/c I am more likely to be penalized than any of them if I simply name them ), it ends up continuing to be a huge problem. Clearly our grievances are not a top priority for the mods as of late, but I'm just baffled by how tolerant they are of this considering how obvious the end result is.

Regardless, posters like Rah and the rest of us should NEVER receive infractions for referring to ANY of these well-known trolls as that infamous "T" word. If their goal is to "moderate" and keep discussions civil here, they are missing the mark horribly. The sh*t disturbers should be dealt with and infractions should be sent their way before they are ever sent to anyone who is simply reacting to their trolling.

Amen my brotha, amen.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,089,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
If you count the millions in PR damage done to Oakland because of the riots, the cost is actually higher than $20,000,000.
That's the stupidest thing I've read in 6 months.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:46 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've read in 6 months.
Yeah I know. I don't know why Oakland residents would purposefully destroy their own city. Very stupid.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Yeah I know. I don't know why Oakland residents would purposefully destroy their own city. Very stupid.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... wha -- Huh? Heard this so much I fell asleep reading it.....

Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Hey. I know huh? Life has a way of getting in the way of my screen time.

Sadly, things have not improved around here. Still no SF Mod.? What's up with that?
You'd think that the right wing themed mod-sters would be climbing all over each other and themselves to get the chance to oficially rip some serious liberal folks around here in the SF sub forum on a daily basis.

What's up with that?!
I don't think any mods want this forum. I think they do just enough to say that they did something.

Are you still doing your music?

Old 09-13-2010, 12:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,089,423 times
Quote:
Cute, but actually, I was referring to your statement. Have you ever considered that if you simply just admitted you were wrong when you are wrong, that people might actually give credence to some of your other, not-so-obviously-wrong statements?

Instead, you throw out a ridiculous, obviously made-up factoid and pedal it as fact, when people call you out on it, you either ignore it, continue pedaling the same information, or, in this case, you change the interpretation and continue pedaling it as fact.

You have an inferiority complex about you that I don't quite understand. You need to tell people how great you have it, and how others don't have what you do - you know that isn't normal, right? Have you ever heard me talk about what my wife and I have accumulated, what degrees we hold, or what properties we own? I don't know what ANYONE else owns on C-D because it's so... new money / bordering on lower class to flaunt it in the manner that you do. I'd seriously contemplate how I interacted with others because it leaves other people wondering what personality disorders you may or may not have.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Cute

Old 09-13-2010, 02:08 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,782,857 times
Quote:
If you count the millions in PR damage done to Oakland because of the riots, the cost is actually higher than $20,000,000.
This guy is actually trying to defend lying about there being $20 million dollars of damge and 20 people killed after the oscar grant verdict.he dosen't realize it makes him look deranged.

i think this is what parti rhinoceros meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland