Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I'm pointing out the fact that the coastal marine layer isn't just a SF thing.
Good to know that you get your share of the misery too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Good to know that you get your share of the misery too

Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I love when heat waves end in the Bay Area. It's sudden so right when you're sick of the heat, there's relief.

BTW Andy, the part of San Diego I'm currently in is also having persistent marine layer so if you want clear sunny skies most of the time you need to GO INLAND!

I love it because usually that means Fire Season is over. Every October you have to wonder if it will happen again.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:15 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,214 times
It was another warm sunny weekend in SF for all the whiners, here's the forecast for the next few days.

San Francisco, CA 94101 Change Location
Mon
81°

Mostly Sunny Tue
87°

Sunny Wed
80°

Mostly Sunny Thu
72°

Old 10-10-2010, 07:28 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
It was another warm sunny weekend in SF for all the whiners, here's the forecast for the next few days.

San Francisco, CA 94101 Change Location
Mon
81°

Mostly Sunny Tue
87°

Sunny Wed
80°

Mostly Sunny Thu
72°
Almost made it up there this last week. Glad I didn't actually as it's been cooler in SD than the Bay Area in a range I like it. So to those who thought it can't get warm there, it does. Didn't think it would happen this year but even in a record cool year, the Bay Area is no stranger to warm spells.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Gorgeous again in the City today

Love October weather in the Bay

Old 10-18-2010, 03:24 PM

681 posts, read 1,512,573 times
I'm from Philly and we go to San Fran every June for a week and although I yearn for the warmer end of the spectrum when I'm there, it wouldn't be SF if I didnt have to break out the North Face stuff in June. Its just part of what I expect and I've grown to love it; especially seeing the fog roll in about 4 over the Golden Gate. We go to new restaurants or stroll the Castro and its kind of what San Fran is. Lil cold when we bike the hills but for 2 guys from the east coast, we keep coming back!

Old 10-24-2010, 02:56 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,959 times
Quote:
No! Berkeley is significantly warmer than SF if you look at the averages:

Average Weather for Berkeley, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Average Weather for San Francisco, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Why not argue with facts for a change instead of giving opinions???
There isn't a dime's worth of difference between Noe Valley and the UC area of Berkeley:

Average Weather for San Francisco, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Average Weather for Berkeley, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Nice cherry picking of zip codes you have there. The west side of town is cooler and grayer than the east side - no big surprise when you're looking at microclimates on the California Coast - and yes, I know those are a foreign concept to a southern plains dweller like yourself. And the weather here can varying greatly from one year to the next. You've been here less than one year and it was a fairly wet one. The previous four or five have been drought years and have had corresponding effects on the local climate (much less rain, more hot days). When you live here a few more years you might be able to comment with some credibility, until then you're speaking out of ignorance. I will admit, the closer you are to the water on the central and northern coast the more likely you are to often experience a marine layer. That doesn't mean the weather sucks. I'll take cool gray over sweltering heat (and in the case of Uninhabitable... I mean Texas - humidity). If you can't handle the marine layer, that's what BART is for and Walnut Creek and Concord are >>>>>

Last edited by jeffredo; 10-24-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
The SF Indian summer has started with a permanent fog blanket-

Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
The SF Indian summer has started with a permanent fog blanket-

Yea man I flew back in to SFO from Honolulu a few weeks ago. it was rugged. The whole coast. Gotta say though, inland we have been enjoying the temporary or possibly changing climate. Past three years have been great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland