U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Arroyo Grande, California
5,333 posts, read 3,617,174 times
Reputation: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I lived in Bay Area for 15 years and currently live in Houston for over 7 years. The weather we have been getting for the past 2 weeks is very Bay Area like. Very low humidity, sunshine, clear and cool. Just the right amount of warm in the afternoon and cool at night.
Its a very small window though. Here in DFW area, this is the only time of year I would say is "California weather". This is probably the only time of year. SF is probably warmer in November than we are here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2010, 04:53 PM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
12,391 posts, read 10,377,534 times
Reputation: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
I think we should set up a donations box to mail andy back to Texas. One of these days he might realize he could get much warmer weather if he moved 20 miles inland to Lafayette or whatever but I think he'd prefer to just complain.
He'd complain that it was hot but lacked the hellish steam bath he's used to. He'd find something for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
 
12,673 posts, read 13,067,761 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
You are right...You can't compare Houston and SF weather because compared to SF Houston is heaven. If you live in SF long enough mold will grow on your skin and you will look lifeless and pale because of the permanent cold weather and no sun shine!
Are we really talking just San Francisco or the entire Bay Area? San Francisco weather is similar to the ones in Inland areas also. I would love to live in San Francisco. If we are talking year around then Houston weather sucks compare to San Francisco.

So what about about the folks in Alaska?

Whenever I went to SF, it was clear and sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
12,391 posts, read 10,377,534 times
Reputation: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Are we really talking just San Francisco or the entire Bay Area? San Francisco weather is similar to the ones in Inland areas also. I would love to live in San Francisco. If we are talking year around then Houston weather sucks compare to San Francisco.

So what about about the folks in Alaska?

Whenever I went to SF, it was clear and sunny.
SF's weather is not the same as the Bay Area as a whole at all. In fact, weather within the city of SF itself is unusually, and if you're an outsider, bewilderingly variable from one neighborhood to the next. You'll often see people walking around SF in a T-shirt but with a sweater or jacket tied around their waste. This is because the temperature just a few blocks away or in some cases, just around the corner can be significantly different and you will suddenly need a jacket.

Oakland is warmer than SF and San Jose is warmer still, almost like LA's climate both temp. wise and rainfall-wise. The Bay Area's climate, like most west coast climates is highly prone to micro-climates and this seems even more pronounced in the Bay Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
 
12,673 posts, read 13,067,761 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Its a very small window though. Here in DFW area, this is the only time of year I would say is "California weather". This is probably the only time of year. SF is probably warmer in November than we are here.
Actually no, pretty much atleast half of fall, almost all winter, definately the spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
 
12,673 posts, read 13,067,761 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
SF's weather is not the same as the Bay Area as a whole at all. In fact, weather within the city of SF itself is unusually, and if you're an outsider, bewilderingly variable from one neighborhood to the next. You'll often see people walking around SF in a T-shirt but with a sweater or jacket tied around their waste. This is because the temperature just a few blocks away or in some cases, just around the corner can be significantly different and you will suddenly need a jacket.

Oakland is warmer than SF and San Jose is warmer still, almost like LA's climate both temp. wise and rainfall-wise. The Bay Area's climate, like most west coast climates is highly prone to micro-climates and this seems even more pronounced in the Bay Area.
I also lived in Hayward for couple years and it was cooler then San Jose. Livermore gets in summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 PM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
12,391 posts, read 10,377,534 times
Reputation: 5941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I also lived in Hayward for couple years and it was cooler then San Jose. Livermore gets in summer.
Livermore is hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Arroyo Grande, California
5,333 posts, read 3,617,174 times
Reputation: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Actually no, pretty much atleast half of fall, almost all winter, definately the spring.
Spring is humid with thunderstorms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 PM
 
15 posts, read 18,962 times
Reputation: 19
[LEFT]
Quote:
How on earth can you compare weather in Houston, at any time of year, to San Francisco? State your case:
I know! This fruitloop humid state is fool of cockroaches!



Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...#ixzz11dae97LS
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 PM
 
12,673 posts, read 13,067,761 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Livermore is hot!
But never humid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top