Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,168,373 times

Advertisements

ttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/inoakland/detail?entry_id=76870

Congrats to Chief Batts for working on this.

This is one of the most disturbing things in East Oakland. My sister and I were at Smart and Final on Intl near High Street the other night and drove back up Intl towards Fruitvale and I couldnt believe all the young girls out there walking the sidewalk, some looked as young as 12 years old. What the heck is that all about? and what's up with the dirty old men. ICK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 02:43 PM

312 posts, read 500,899 times
All Pedophile Johns Caught and All Pimps that pimp underage girls should be executed by firing squad.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,470,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

This is one of the most disturbing things in East Oakland. My sister and I were at Smart and Final on Intl near High Street the other night and drove back up Intl towards Fruitvale and I couldnt believe all the young girls out there walking the sidewalk, some looked as young as 12 years old. What the heck is that all about? and what's up with the dirty old men. ICK.
Glad to hear the OPD's doing something about this. While I've never seen this in the oaktown, I've seen this sickening practice in SF, LA, OC, and many other cities in the state. One of the reasons I'm for legalizing prostitution is because it would END the sex trafficking of minors and illegal immigrants. There's no excuse for commercial abuses of young kids like this to exist and if Oakland manages to crack down on prostitution of young teens, bust the pimps and traffickers, and drive it out of town, than the image of the oaktown will improve tremendously. Perhaps enough that even Mr. Fantastic will praise Oakland...

Old 11-13-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Glad to hear the OPD's doing something about this. While I've never seen this in the oaktown, I've seen this sickening practice in SF, LA, OC, and many other cities in the state. One of the reasons I'm for legalizing prostitution is because it would END the sex trafficking of minors and illegal immigrants. There's no excuse for commercial abuses of young kids like this to exist and if Oakland manages to crack down on prostitution of young teens, bust the pimps and traffickers, and drive it out of town, than the image of the oaktown will improve tremendously. Perhaps enough that even Mr. Fantastic will praise Oakland...
I wasnt aware of how widespread it is.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:22 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,877,433 times
It's funny how the focus is always on the prostitutes and not the Johns. It would be interesting to know who these people are and what the market for such depravity really is. Citizens should be hiding in bushes, then FlipCamming the Johns and putting the vids on YouTube.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:30 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,110,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

You know, I am so glad finally people see that girls- EVEN 17 yr old ones, that hook don't do so for fun. Someone (a male adult) is usually taking advantage of them.

NO teen girl in her right mind would want a nasty old gray man dick. She either has parents who don't care what she is doing and she craves the attention she gets from it, or she is in a desperate situation and has no choice. But even when you think and SHE thinks she is doing what she wants (power, money whatever she gets out of it), she really is another victim. Even at 17 yrs and 360 days old,think you WANT to do it, if you are turning tricks, then we as a society really let you down and failed you.

Prosecute the men who are borderline pedophiles, not the poor girls.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,470,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It's funny how the focus is always on the prostitutes and not the Johns. It would be interesting to know who these people are and what the market for such depravity really is. Citizens should be hiding in bushes, then FlipCamming the Johns and putting the vids on YouTube.
I wonder how many of those johns aren't from Oakland ; wonder if any are from Berkeley, Piedmont, Lamorinda, or even farther away...

I suspect a good number are not from Oakland but have no way of knowing for sure.

While the problem won't be solved until legalization occurs, if Chief Batts and the OPD drive the problem out of Oakland then they'll have made it a better place even if the same crap is going on somewhere else.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:47 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,110,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I wonder how many of those johns aren't from Oakland ; wonder if any are from Berkeley, Piedmont, Lamorinda, or even farther away...

I suspect a good number are not from Oakland but have no way of knowing for sure.

While the problem won't be solved until legalization occurs, if Chief Batts and the OPD drive the problem out of Oakland then they'll have made it a better place even if the same crap is going on somewhere else.

Well, they aren't from Hayward/San Leandro, they got their own tricks on E 14th. thanks!

Berkeley has their own as well. Those other cities have Craigslist ads.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:58 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,237,299 times
Oakland has always had an extremely bad record with prostitution. There's a restaurant in East Oakland, a burrito shop, that is basically a front for a prostitution operation. You walk in, it's 55 year old men and young women enjoying a "meal". I reported the place back in 1994 to OPD, and it's still open and operating.

It's kind of sad it's taken Oakland this long to respond to the problem.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:12 AM

I have known this man for over 15 years....I cant believe it.
OAKLAND: Beloved Restaurateur Slain In Front Of Fruitvale Establishment - Video - KTVU San Francisco (http://www.ktvu.com/video/27485765/index.html - broken link)

I put this story here because that strip of Intl is so packed with young prostitutes now its unbelievable.

Anyway, today I was on Intl between High Street and 47th taking my Mom to pick up these extremely rare polynesian mats that this Tongan lady in the area was fixing for us...anyway, literally every third person walking down the street was a hooker. I was so disgusted.

I saw on the news tonight that the OPD did a big undercover sweep tonight and arrested a bunch of dudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland