Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So what's next - a ban on dial-up Internet connections or the sale of new 8-track players?
Nope! Circumcisions, escargot, cans of all types, plastic bags, Happy Meals, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 02:12 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovial gent View Post
You can't be for real. Giving birth is something all animals have evolved to do. What animals mutilate their genitalia? (Don't think too hard its just humans). If you believe in evolution then the foreskin has a purpose.

EDIT LAME ATTEMPT TO COMPARE DOGS TO CHILDREN.

There are animals that are cannibals.. What does that have to do with anything.

If you are so concerned with infant PAIN then you should remove all NICU facilities because they cause GREAT pain to newborns while saving their lives.

You think my last child wanted a LARGE TUBE shoved down his throat into his lungs and stomach to suction him for 3 days right after birth?

Yeah I bet it hurt, but I felt the benefit outweighed his pain.

Just like I felt the Circumcision benefits of possible reducing his chance to get AIDS in the future was worth the little pain he felt.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:12 PM

312 posts, read 502,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
there are folds of skin all over the body...lol cut them!...lol...the Bible talks about circumcision in the old ages when ppl were traveling through desert for weeks without washing...is that the case today?...don`t you take at least one shower a day?....this argument about cleanliness in 2010 is laughable at best!!!
What does the bible have to do with anything? It's not like it would talk about infected penises. Not everybody takes a daily shower believe it or not. Also not everybody cleans themselves like they should, if a person does not pull the skin all the way back to clean it, it will start to smell, talk to some women who have been in that situation.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:31 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Just the opposite. It would make him LESS popular.

Perhaps in parts of the US that are more allegedly "white American" this might be the case, but it's not true in CA. Even "white American" women at least in the big coastal cities prefer uncut from my personal experience.

You are just absolutely delusional about this topic. IT is true in California, as I live there in a BIG coastal city, that many of us like em without the excess skin. I don't care what people like anywhere else, I know what I prefer, having been with both, there is no SEXUAL FEELING difference, just a preference for something that looks NICE.

I have dated Black guys, Filipino guys, Mexican guys, Japanese guys, Scottish guys, and even the MUTT guys, that were cut, and they were all happy about it, as was I. I was sorta grossed out by the 3 dudes I dated who were uncirc'd but I never told them that. Why would I want to hurt their ego's and feelings. I will say they sure didnt get as many Bjs as my other boyfriends. There is something to be said for aesthetics.

That would be just cruel. I just know that I would gravitate away from it. Love conquers all, but when you are looking for short term, it may be a buzzkill.

Quote:
Most countries never adapted routine circumcision for non-religious reasons in the first place, so there's nothing to ban. The US, Australia, Canada, South Africa, and New Zealand are the only countries which ever did (there was an attempt to do so in Britain but it never caught on to the same extent as in other English-speaking countries)
Why do you care what other countries do? This is America, you will find all kinds of crazy stuff here.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 PM

39 posts, read 112,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post

If you are so concerned with infant PAIN then you should remove all NICU facilities because they cause GREAT pain to newborns while saving their lives.

You think my last child wanted a LARGE TUBE shoved down his throat into his lungs and stomach to suction him for 3 days right after birth?

Yeah I bet it hurt, but I felt the benefit outweighed his pain.

Just like I felt the Circumcision benefits of possible reducing his chance to get AIDS in the future was worth the little pain he felt.
Okay you win for making the most irrelevant comparisons possible. Sounds like the tube was "shoved' down your child's throat to save his life. The doctors thought it was necessary to do this. If they had a less invasive choice they would have done it.

Why is circumcision necessary? (hint: ITS NOT!)

Don't let the one or two billion men walking around with foreskins be any testament to you. They are all dirty and sick.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 PM

263 posts, read 529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
I'm starting to lose track of all the things San Francisco has banned. Lemme try:

Happy Meals
Plastic bags
Hand gun ownership
Sale of pets
Military recruiters in high schools
JROTC
Bottled water sales on city property
Alcohol ads
Trans fats
Feeding the wild parakeets
Not separating your garbage into compostables and non-compostables
Styrofoam cups
Internet filters on public school computers
Sales of soda and juice on city property
Smoking at the beach and in parks
Sippy cups

I probably missed a few.
Living in San Diego, you sure know a lot about San Francisco. Go watch some more football, meathead.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:23 PM

312 posts, read 502,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotigers123 View Post
Living in San Diego, you sure know a lot about San Francisco. Go watch some more football, meathead.
Football Freak is a self admitted racist troll. He's here along with his jobless trolling friends and alter ego's to troll the board with garbage & bay area hate.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM

263 posts, read 529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bideshi View Post
you can be sure that's already part of the plan. Abortion was step one, desensitizing people to state sanctioned murder, devaluing human life. It's a short step from there to culling the herd of costly and unproductive aged members.
LOL

Let me guess...

You think Rand Paul is great, you're a "birther", and you believe in death panels?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Why do you care what other countries do? This is America, you will find all kinds of crazy stuff here.
If a certain practice was adapted in the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand for the same reasons and pretty much nowhere else on the planet for those reasons (Islamic countries have circumcision for different reasons), that suggests the exact same influence was at work.

Now, if something was done in the USA that was only otherwise done in some country that had nothing in common with the USA or wasn't done anywhere outside of the US it would be a different story.

Aesthetically, why mess with something that's formed perfectly to begin with?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotigers123 View Post
LOL

Let me guess...

You think Rand Paul is great, you're a "birther", and you believe in death panels?
I'd think the Tea Party would love a circumcision ban, as they could justify it as being able to distinguish who's Muslim from who's not.

In fact, isn't it hypocritical that the same people who don't have a problem with Sharia law being banned in Oklahoma have a problem with banning circumcision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland