Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 AM

96 posts, read 245,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Is it really a surprise that most the cities on the most dangerous list are heavily black? Look, it is the truth that black areas/cities have more crime then white areas/cities. It is not about racism. It is the truth.

however SF has a bad crime problem for some reason. maybe because of all the bums pooping and peeing everywhere.
Just wanted to chime in and let you that you are a tool.

You are absolutely correct about most (not all) predominately black cities in this country have higher crime rates. No one is arguing that. However, you always seem to conveniently leave out the most important detail, which is poverty. Poverty influences crime, and where there is a large black population, there is unfortunately a higher proportion of poverty.

Sure, goldenchild08 has been posting videos of black people acting up in San Fransisco, but I could easily post videos of shockingly similar violent behavior in exclusively white Russia. What's their excuse? Does this mean that all black and white people are inherently violent? I seriously doubt it.

The real question is whether or not white people in this country continue to prevent any sort of even playing ground specifically towards black people, or that we as black people voluntarily choose not to comply with the current trend of obtaining income and strive to live in a perpetual state of poverty. I believe it's a combination of both.

The absurd level of mental gymnastics you pulled in your poorly written argument just baffles me. I suggest you go back to trolling the Arizona threads, because clearly you don't have the capacity to hold an intelligent conversation like everyone else here has.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 AM

1,361 posts, read 3,713,219 times
Quote:
Sure, goldenchild08 has been posting videos of black people acting up in San Fransisco, but I could easily post videos of shockingly similar violent behavior in exclusively white Russia. What's their excuse? Does this mean that all black and white people are inherently violent? I seriously doubt it.
You are absolutely correct. I already stated that thugs come from all backgrounds in the Bay. I've seen Whites, Asians, Pacific Islanders, Latinos and everything in between act in the same random violent fashion in SF. Anyone in the Bay can visit the Haight and Golden Gate Park and see messed up drugged out White kids and mentally ill homeless people fighting for no reason, disturbing the peace and harassing people. That DVD I posted also shows many non-Black people acting up as well. Where I live in the DC Area, the vast majority of Black folks don't act up and get violent. Why? Because they have good jobs, families and nice houses! Contrary to popular belief held by sheltered individuals from West Bumblef*ck, USA, there are millions and millions of educated, wealthy and upper middle class Blacks in the United States. Black folks in DC wear Prada and Purple Label and have high paying government jobs even in the ghetto, while Blacks in SF live in boarded up 1940's barracks and wear tall $5 white tees and old baggy Girbauds. This is because Blacks in San Francisco are much more likely to be poor. All of the areas of the city with historically heavy concentrations of Black folks in SF are poorer remote areas like Lakeview and Hunters' Point. It has to do with the history of the City. Blacks came fresh from the impoverished southern states, like Mississippi, to work in Hunter's Point during WW II. When all the jobs left Hunter's Point after the war was over, the Black community in SF became impoverished and cut off from the rest of the City. What is sad is that Blacks fled the violent oppression of the Jim Crow South during the WW II era to come to California in hopes of escaping racism and poverty only to become largely marginalized and outcasted in the quasi-third world slums in cities like SF. The vast majority of affluent Blacks in SF are not natives but transplants from other areas where Blacks have a greater share of wealth.

Given that SF is statistically far from being the safest city in the Bay, California or the country, it is obvious that most of the crime in the City isn't being committed by Black folks because they only represent a mere 6% of the population.

Why does every issue on this forum boil down to race? The Bay Area may be the most diverse area of the country. I think that Mid Westerners and Southern Californians just don't know anything about the Bay.

Last edited by goldenchild08; 11-23-2010 at 08:58 AM..

Old 11-23-2010, 09:00 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
You are absolutely correct. I already stated that thugs come from all backgrounds in the Bay. I've seen Whites, Asians, Pacific Islanders, Latinos and everything in between act in the same random violent fashion in SF. Anyone in the Bay can visit the Haight and Golden Gate Park and see messed up drugged out White kids and mentally ill homeless people fighting for no reason, disturbing the peace and harassing people. That DVD I posted also shows many non-Black people acting up as well. Where I live in the DC Area, the vast majority of Black folks don't act up and get violent. Why? Because they have good jobs, families and nice houses! Contrary to popular belief held by sheltered individuals from West Bumblef*ck, USA, there are millions and millions of educated, wealthy and upper middle class Blacks in the United States. Black folks in DC wear Prada and Purple Label and have high paying government jobs even in the ghetto, while Blacks in SF live in boarded up 1940's barracks and wear tall $5 white tees and old baggy Girbauds. This is because Blacks in San Francisco are much more likely to be poor. All of the areas of the city with historically heavy concentrations of Black folks in SF are poorer remote areas like Lakeview and Hunters' Point. It has to do with the history of the City. Blacks came fresh from the impoverished southern states, like Mississippi, to work in Hunter's Point during WW II. When all the jobs left Hunter's Point after the war was over, the Black community in SF became impoverished and cut off from the rest of the City. What is sad is that Blacks fled the violent oppression of the Jim Crow South during the WW II era to come to California in hopes of escaping racism and poverty only to become largely marginalized and outcasted in the quasi-third world slums in cities like SF. The vast majority of affluent Blacks in SF are not natives but transplants from other areas where Blacks have a greater share of wealth.

Given that SF is statistically far from being the safest city in the Bay, California or the country, it is obvious that most of the crime in the City isn't being committed by Black folks because they only represent a mere 6% of the population.

Why does every issue on this forum boil down to race? The Bay Area may be the most diverse area of the country. I think that Mid Westerners and Southern Californians just don't know anything about the Bay.
That's it right there. Most people simply do not understand the Bay Area.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:36 AM

1,361 posts, read 3,713,219 times
Since people from Missouri don't know anything about the Bay, here's a little San Francisco 101. There are all different types of crazy people, goons, thugs and people you don't want to cross in the Bay and SF in general. People from the East Coast and Mid-West aren't accustomed to seeing certain types of people that are common in the Bay Area. I think this is the reason why they think Blacks cause all crime everywhere when it is statistically impossible for that to happen in a city like SF. I already posted some videos of Black folks acting ig'nant in SF. Here are some other types of crazy people that reside in SF that are unique to the Bay and the West Coast:

Samoan goons in the infamous Double Rock Housing projects. The average Mid-Westerner or East Coast native has never come in contact with these type of people ever.

Nortenos in the Mission District. These guys aren't exactly fond of the color blue.

Look at how diverse this block is in SF. You have Blacks, Asians, Islanders and Latinos all repping the same grimey block. Anyone who hasn't been to West Coast never sees sh*t like this, EVER. Not even in NYC.

My point is that Black and White have less meaning in the Bay Area as they do elsewhere because the Bay is so diverse. Anyone scapegoating the causes of Bay Area crime solely on Blacks is a moron.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 AM

15 posts, read 33,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIBЄ View Post
Poverty influences crime, and where there is a large black population, there is unfortunately a higher proportion of poverty.

This is why there should be MORE accountability for parents with children who wreak havoc on our city streets. That 14 yr old kid who killed 2 people the other day? The parents should be doing time as well. YES, you are financially responsible for your childs actions until they are 18 yrs old, it should also include criminal actions.

Children do not pop out all ghettofied and disrespectful of human life. They are TAUGHT that, whether by intent or accident. You should monitor your childrens social circle, you should be aware of what they are watching, and what they are doing.

I think the parents should receive education for first time offenses, and then face the ramifications of possible jail time and heavy heavy fines if they allow their children to run rampant on the rest of society.

If they cannot control their children, someone else should take custody of them and then charge them for the services when they have money. If they have none, they should have to WORK IT OFF.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
This is because Blacks in San Francisco are much more likely to be poor. All of the areas of the city with historically heavy concentrations of Black folks in SF are poorer remote areas like Lakeview and Hunters' Point. It has to do with the history of the City. Blacks came fresh from the impoverished southern states, like Mississippi, to work in Hunter's Point during WW II. When all the jobs left Hunter's Point after the war was over, the Black community in SF became impoverished and cut off from the rest of the City. What is sad is that Blacks fled the violent oppression of the Jim Crow South during the WW II era to come to California in hopes of escaping racism and poverty only to become largely marginalized and outcasted in the quasi-third world slums in cities like SF. The vast majority of affluent Blacks in SF are not natives but transplants from other areas where Blacks have a greater share of wealth.

Why does every issue on this forum boil down to race? The Bay Area may be the most diverse area of the country. I think that Mid Westerners and Southern Californians don't know anything about the Bay.
On the other hand, there are many African American families, often long time homeowners, who have the means to move elsewhere, either back to the traditional deep South (where they may have families and friends) or to new subdivisions in CA, such as Tracy, Antioch, Brentwood, Sacramento, where you can get more house for your money, and they may have some equity in their home in SF or Oakland to get something bigger and newer. Actually this isn't any different than what other people of other ethnicies often CA do - migrate to other states and cities with lower cost of living levels. Some of the cities which have a pretty well established black professional class (larger than in SF or SJ) that often attract African American families from CA to "reverse migrate" include Houston, Atlanta, and DC.

But I agree with you - too much emphasis is being done on race. The issue is poverty and social/economic equality. Disinvestment and economic outsourcing has hurt lots of people, of all backgrounds. I'll bet you'll find similar social ills in Appalachia as in the inner city.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 AM

312 posts, read 502,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunForYou View Post
This is why there should be MORE accountability for parents with children who wreak havoc on our city streets. That 14 yr old kid who killed 2 people the other day? The parents should be doing time as well. YES, you are financially responsible for your childs actions until they are 18 yrs old, it should also include criminal actions.

Children do not pop out all ghettofied and disrespectful of human life. They are TAUGHT that, whether by intent or accident. You should monitor your childrens social circle, you should be aware of what they are watching, and what they are doing.

I think the parents should receive education for first time offenses, and then face the ramifications of possible jail time and heavy heavy fines if they allow their children to run rampant on the rest of society.

If they cannot control their children, someone else should take custody of them and then charge them for the services when they have money. If they have none, they should have to WORK IT OFF.
Alot of these kids don't have parents, they have a parent and many times that parent is a dead beat.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:18 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
The Bay Area may be the most diverse area of the country. I think that Mid Westerners and Southern Californians just don't know anything about the Bay.
That works both ways, plenty of people in the Bay Area are ignorant of other places such as the Midwest and Southern CA. Plus it's not like these arguments of white flight, culture of poverty, etc..are unique to the Bay Area at all. The reasons for high inner city crime is pretty much the same everywhere.

Last edited by sav858; 11-23-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 11-23-2010, 02:46 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,611 times
"You just don't understand us" is the biggest cop out this side of Yassar Arafat, and Malcolm X.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:43 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Since people from Missouri don't know anything about the Bay, here's a little San Francisco 101. There are all different types of crazy people, goons, thugs and people you don't want to cross in the Bay and SF in general. People from the East Coast and Mid-West aren't accustomed to seeing certain types of people that are common in the Bay Area. I think this is the reason why they think Blacks cause all crime everywhere when it is statistically impossible for that to happen in a city like SF. I already posted some videos of Black folks acting ig'nant in SF. Here are some other types of crazy people that reside in SF that are unique to the Bay and the West Coast:

Samoan goons in the infamous Double Rock Housing projects. The average Mid-Westerner or East Coast native has never come in contact with these type of people ever.

Nortenos in the Mission District. These guys aren't exactly fond of the color blue.

Look at how diverse this block is in SF. You have Blacks, Asians, Islanders and Latinos all repping the same grimey block. Anyone who hasn't been to West Coast never sees sh*t like this, EVER. Not even in NYC.

My point is that Black and White have less meaning in the Bay Area as they do elsewhere because the Bay is so diverse. Anyone scapegoating the causes of Bay Area crime solely on Blacks is a moron.

excuse please don't say false facts about nyc, because its a known fact that the united blood nation gang in nyc is very diverse, and that Hispanic and blacks and Asians live in ghettos together just like the bay.

in nyc you will see black, Hispanics(of all sort), Albanian , Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino thugs. Come by my way and you will see kids of Pakistani , Bangladeshi , and Indian decent acting like thugs.

in nyc it isnt just black crime, and unlike most places Mexican crime isn't plenty in nyc. its most dominican/rican which the bay barely has any of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland