Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:02 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
I agree lets just end this, it's pointless. In the mean time send some of that weather down there up here please.
Cool, and i think I've said this before but I do agree with what you're saying/your message at times just maybe not the rhetoric or tone. But yeah, im no angel either. And I guess you didn't notice my current location, ive been back here since Sept. And I very happy to back up here in the bay, its home and it has many great things going for it. So despite my occasional gripes about this place I love it and will defend it and have when unfairly attacked by the likes of norcaldude, footballfreak, etc.. I am proud to be from here. And I believe this weekend its suppose to get into the 70's in some places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 06:44 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Awww, I'm happy now that everyone has sorted themselves out (hopefully). I kinda thought the OP was a bit "barfy" like Curm said, and I'm of course a native too. I love the Bay Area but can be honest about places too...no place is all roses- there's always somewhere in the middle where most people reside.

But we also have to suspect that the OP might be like 15yrs old since anyone from here and familiar with our history knows full well that the Hell's Angels were not something to really be proud of during the 70's--quite the opposite, actually.

Also, the OP mentioned being proud of OJ Simpson and Rice-a-Roni in his first post (not this particular one) and if you're over the age of 15 you'd know better...you'd also know how to spell "Grateful (not greatful) Dead".

Old 12-09-2010, 07:18 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
I'm surprised no one said hella

Old 12-10-2010, 12:06 AM

23 posts, read 47,867 times
what's wrong with some of you people? No one will die from jealousy of our great territory. It's all internet fun and games. You think this great country of ours got this far by being humble? Heck no! A little nationalism wouldn't hurt anyone. With that said, I forgot to mention the goldrush! The event that launched california as a state and brought sf to prominence as the financial center of the west! Because of us roads, railroads, schools, churches, and eventually new towns were built leading to the creation of californias state constitution and eventual admittance to the union via the compromise of 1850. Our economy is so versitile that we will always be in the thick of things. We specialized in tech( silicon valley), finance (wells fargo, charles schwab, birthplace of bank of america), fashion (levis, gap inc., bebe, etc.), oil (chevron), biotech (genentech), food (ghirardeli, and other stuff), healthcare (kaiser permenete), homecare (clorox), were all around baby!!! Former headquarter of the now defunct pacific stock exchange and birthplace of the united nation! Yes sir! Come on fellas! Help me!

Last edited by halea41; 12-10-2010 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-10-2010, 12:24 AM

also the second most educated city, second most fortune 500, 2nd most densed, most walkable city, voted one of the most beautiful city, 7th place as having the most beautiful people,boasts the most prestigious universities in the wescoast, 5 world series title, 8 supeebowls, countless stanford national titles, birthplace of the westcoast offense, birthplace of the closer role, possesses the only team other than the yankees to win 3 straight titles, home of hall famers and future hall of famers such as bill russell, frank robinson, john madden, dennis eckersly, rickey henderson, joe dimmagio, dan fouts, joe morgan, jon miller, barry bonds, tom brady, lynn swan, jason kidd, gary paytom, oj simpson (unfortunately), dave stewart, and many, many more! How cool are we?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
So you using examples of me responding to Mr. Fantastic and his alter ego's is an example of me "swearing at people". Right, so now you defend trolls to try to make some sort of point. Good one. Me calling a person a racist for saying they hate diversity and blacks are violent by nature is being "sensitive". Yeah let me sit around and think that is perfectly fine to say. Keep acting like you're not always explaining yourself. You did it earlier in this thread and you do it all the time. Nice try. As for those quotes go back and look who I'm talking about. I'm responding to people who have no purpose but to post negativity on here. Bay Dude/NorCal Dude/FootballFreak/Eastbay Defector, who those quotes are directed at are 99.9% negative. So again stop with the ad hominem examples. Everybody on CD has gotten BS infractions or account suspensions for NOTHING. So please give up that model citizen act you're trying to portray. By the way this forum has no moderator so trolls are allowed so it's not like the other forums. I think you know this already.
Wouldn't let me rep you again dammit.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:16 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halea41 View Post
also the second most educated city, second most fortune 500, 2nd most densed, most walkable city, voted one of the most beautiful city, 7th place as having the most beautiful people,boasts the most prestigious universities in the wescoast, 5 world series title, 8 supeebowls, countless stanford national titles, birthplace of the westcoast offense, birthplace of the closer role, possesses the only team other than the yankees to win 3 straight titles, home of hall famers and future hall of famers such as bill russell, frank robinson, john madden, dennis eckersly, rickey henderson, joe dimmagio, dan fouts, joe morgan, jon miller, barry bonds, tom brady, lynn swan, jason kidd, gary paytom, oj simpson (unfortunately), dave stewart, and many, many more! How cool are we?
Not to leave out well know radio personality, or lack thereof, Michael Savage!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:32 AM

there you go!!! let's add mike holmgren, pete carroll, the great tom hank and clint eastwood. the man that brought hip hop to pop status, mc hammer and the launching pad of the man who brought hip hop to legendary status, TUPAC! bands that have members that actually grew up in the bay area such as journey, jefferson airplanes, santana, grateful dead, huey lewis, green day, toni toni tone, en vouge (well of them grew up here), pointer sisters, third eye blind, metallica, dead kennedys, hieroglyphics, and many, many more! more great songs were written about us than any other place other than ny maybe! "san francisco" scott mckenzie, "sitting on the dock of the bay" otis redding, "lights" journey, "christmas in san francisco" vic dammone, "california" tupac (although that's more about LA which is cool, LA is awesome as well). and as we step into the new decade, we have a lot more things to look forward to make us proud to live in the bay area. the transbay terminal have already began its reconstruction and we will soon have one of the greatest terminal in the country. one that will most likely rival that of grand central in new york. we will also posses 3 of the tallest skyscrapers west of chicago! three 1200 foot supertalls will eventually occompany the new transmital, which will have a recreational park on top of the fre.akin terminal! how cool is that? are you guys getting a hard on yet?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 AM

the thing is, a lot of outsiders come here and they wonder why we act the way we act and think the way we do. they never understood why we claim that the bay area is one of the greatest region in the country if not the greatest. they come here and see homelessness, weird people, and some crime but they never stop and actually learn our history and how much impact we've had in this country. so many things they do now back in their city, the way they think, and the way their government works have originated from here. when people outside of california thinks of california, they think of LA, san diego, palm trees, and hollywood. and they ALWAYS will. which is absolutely fine! that is their view of california, this is OUR view of what california is all about: innovation, growth, liberalism, and the value of hardwork to achieving the american dream! no hollywood stories here! when you look at our pro sports teams, our teams reflects our community. the oakland raiders and A's of the 70's captured the gritty, blue collar, rebellious spirit of oakland and the black panther party. the san francisco 49ers and giants captures the white collar, wine sipping, cell phone talking spirit of san francisco. and then we have the sharks and warriors who unifies both sides of the bay! so much character here that it's almost unsurpassable!

Last edited by halea41; 12-10-2010 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: more infos

Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halea41 View Post
LA is awesome as well
Uh oh! Crossing into dangerous territory with that one. Hella dangerous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland