Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:55 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
What a biased piece of crap article!

Anyways, that's great Chick-Fil-A is opening a store in San Francisco! It's probably the best quality fast food chain in the US...excluding deli chains. They make it sound like Chick-Fil-A is this evil corporation, they have Christian values, which is why every store is closed on Sunday....etc whether that's good or bad to you is irrelevant because it's the food that matters.

Wow, you are so exactly right about Chick-Fil-A fast food restaurant's. I live here in Tuscaloosa, Alabama where the University of Alabama is located....and go to Chick-Fil-A very often (this evening had a ORIGINAL sandwich, and their super 'cole slaw'....all for around $5 bucks. It was delicious!!! I have raved to my friends about the outstanding quality of the entire restaurant. All the employees at the 'Drive-thru' windows are the nicest, and most generous people I have EVER encountered in a food estabishment....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL THE QUALITY FOOD THEY SERVE....and always feel so good after being treated so Wonderfully by the 'girls and guys' who work at Chick-Fil-A.

I'm talking now...to a close friend who lives in Hayward, California....30 miles from 'Frisco'...and he so hopeful he can find a Chick-Fil-A Restaurant any where near him. If anyone knows....please give info here....and I'll pass it on to him.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 02:11 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,730,784 times
If I had to get a fast food job, I'd want to work for Chick-Fil-A because then I'd get Sundays off to watch football.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

I'm talking now...to a close friend who lives in Hayward, California....30 miles from 'Frisco'...and he so hopeful he can find a Chick-Fil-A Restaurant any where near him. If anyone knows....please give info here....and I'll pass it on to him.
The closest ones are in Fairfield (~60 miles from Hayward) and Sacramento (~100 miles from Hayward). There are talks of one opening in Walnut Creek but that hasn't happened (~20 miles from Hayward).

Old 06-12-2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The closest ones are in Fairfield (~60 miles from Hayward) and Sacramento (~100 miles from Hayward). There are talks of one opening in Walnut Creek but that hasn't happened (~20 miles from Hayward).
Thanks so much. I telling my friend what you just said in your post. He hopes the Chick-Fil-A opens soon in Walnut Creek.

Do you know how soon it might open?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 AM

983 posts, read 2,541,131 times
I remember when Krispy Kream opened in the bay area and they had to route traffic around the store exit from the congestion. Only a year later they closed, I guess the bay area is open to try new things but as I see it, people tend to enjoy small restaurants and not chains. I personally don't care much for their food, don't like their fries, but if I had to choose between them and another fast food chain, I will pick them.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happehart View Post
I remember when Krispy Kream opened in the bay area and they had to route traffic around the store exit from the congestion. Only a year later they closed, I guess the bay area is open to try new things but as I see it, people tend to enjoy small restaurants and not chains. I personally don't care much for their food, don't like their fries, but if I had to choose between them and another fast food chain, I will pick them.
Well....again I say, Chick-Fil-A is THE MOST FRIENDLY - QUALITY Food restaurant business I have ever been to. Example....one week not long ago, they gave away for free....Chicken Strips (best you will find anywhere) for a day....and everyday for that 5 day week....they gave away another quality food item. You just don't find food businesses so consistently GENEROUS to their customers. Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy

Old 06-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happehart View Post
The Krispy Kreme in Union City is still going strong, which one are you talking about?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 AM

I love Chickfila. And I am willing to go moderately out of the way to get there. It'll do fine. Fast food + chicken always does well. Donuts on the other hand are off and on, unless you are an old school neighborhood place. KK didn't do well because the over-expanded and over stretched themselves when they went public. And the donuts aren't really that great unless they are fresh from the oven. Chickfila kills all other fast food chicken sandwiches and nuggets by a landslide.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I love Chickfila. And I am willing to go moderately out of the way to get there. It'll do fine. Fast food + chicken always does well. Donuts on the other hand are off and on, unless you are an old school neighborhood place. KK didn't do well because the over-expanded and over stretched themselves when they went public. And the donuts aren't really that great unless they are fresh from the oven. Chickfila kills all other fast food chicken sandwiches and nuggets by a landslide.

I promise....I don't have any connection to Chick-Fil-A....and I don't personally know anyone who owns it or works there.

But God has Blessed me Sooooooo much to just find a place as Chick-Fil-A. I honestly find it atounding there is such a great restaurant as it is.....in this sometimes....mean, greedy...cruel money-minded world.

''Chickfila kills all other fast food chicken sandwiches and nuggets by a landslide.''

Have ya tried the succulent, tender 'chicken strips' at Chick-Fil-A?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Have ya tried the succulent, tender 'chicken strips' at Chick-Fil-A?
Many years ago, I didn't find them so much better than the nuggets to justify the price premium. Considering the nuggets are real chicken pieces, I see no need to have the strips. That was 10 years ago, who knows, they could be better now. Since Chickfila is such a rare treat for me, I usually just get nuggets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland