Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 AM

3,469 posts, read 5,263,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
LOL accuweather predicts temp in low to mid 50s and wet/cloudy weather for next 15 days!
It's odd that you would write this, as it's not actually the forecast. Weather.com shows only ONE day of clouds and showers (next Saturday's 60% chance of rain) in its 10-day forecast, with party cloudy to sunny skies the rest of the time, and San Francisco in the 50s and 60s, and the East Bay mostly in the 60s (one day in the 50s, one in the 70s). Accuweather has a similar forecast. But it's no more odd than saying we've had months of crappy weather when we actually had record breaking sun and warmth all of January and early February. ;-)

Last edited by tstieber; 04-02-2011 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: updated info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 AM

289 posts, read 1,271,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
noaa.gov report for Rockridge in Oaktown:

Saturday
high 64
low 45

Sunday
high 63
low 49

Monday
hi 69
lo 49

Tuesday
hi 68
lo 48

so looks like the weekend will kind of suck then as usual when we go back to work the weather will get nice again.
Ahhhhhh, I love living in a place where 63/64 is considered kind of sucky.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:10 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Horse hockey. Freakin' 95+ steambath all summer and cold in the winter. You might get a few months in the fall and spring when its pleasant. Four months does not = 6-8 months.
No its very pleasant from Oct-May with the exception of winter storms which rarely lasts over a week. It never drizzles for long time. There are strong storms which passes quickly and then its clear.

I will take that over perma-cloud/fog any day and I am sure you will too..

Old 04-02-2011, 10:16 AM

24 posts, read 109,177 times
Almost everyone is complaining about the rain so PLEASE send it here to Las Vegas we were 90 degress yesterday and soon we will be in the 100's.

I can't wait to move to San Francisco this fall and I tired of the heat and I am looking forward to having a chenge in weather.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 AM

81 posts, read 176,677 times
Quote:
No its very pleasant from Oct-May with the exception of winter storms which rarely lasts over a week. It never drizzles for long time. There are strong storms which passes quickly and then its clear.

If you don't like the weather in San Francisco, then why don't you move to another part of the Bay Area that has different weather? One of the best characteristics of the Bay Area is that we have so many micro-climates. You seem to not like the fog, so I would probably choose a place that is less foggy.

Just because you work in the city does not mean you have to live there. A ton of people commute into the city each day from a place with "better" weather. For example, I live in the Lamorinda area where it is sunny nearly every day in the summer and I know that MANY people commute to SF for work. I know that commuting is a drawback, but for someone like you whose mood is abnormally affected by weather, it would seem to be a better option to improve your quality of life.

Also, check the city-data climate graphs for different locations in the Bay Area and compare them to Texas. You will find that there are a lot of places that have better weather, even by your standards.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:10 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,078,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear11 View Post
If you don't like the weather in San Francisco, then why don't you move to another part of the Bay Area that has different weather?
Asking him this is like trying to talk to a brick wall. I think he only lives in the Sunset so he can complain about it.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 AM

1,882 posts, read 3,111,603 times
Quote:

andy I lived in Austin for a year. Winter had A LOT of cold, gloomy days. Also, all of the grass/trees were brown, which is depressing. I remember flying to Florida one winter from California. Had a layover in Dallas. It was still shokcing to see how brown everything was even after living there for a year.

In San Francisco, you can easily find green, healthy palm trees 12 months out of the year. Everything that is supposed to be green stays green the year-round. There is basically zero chance of snow. In Dallas, you can count on some snow days every year. Then, of course, in the summer it's MISERBALY hot and humid. You have a couple nice months in the Fall. Otherwise, the rest of the year the weather is poor in one way or another (hot or cold).

Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
andy I lived in Austin for a year. Winter had A LOT of cold, gloomy days. Also, all of the grass/trees were brown, which is depressing. I remember flying to Florida one winter from California. Had a layover in Dallas. It was still shokcing to see how brown everything was even after living there for a year.

In San Francisco, you can easily find green, healthy palm trees 12 months out of the year. Everything that is supposed to be green stays green the year-round. There is basically zero chance of snow. In Dallas, you can count on some snow days every year. Then, of course, in the summer it's MISERBALY hot and humid. You have a couple nice months in the Fall. Otherwise, the rest of the year the weather is poor in one way or another (hot or cold).
LOL! The hills in bay area get pretty brown and dry in summer.. and yes Dallas gets real winter weather for a month or so.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:31 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
LOL! The hills in bay area get pretty brown and dry in summer.. and yes Dallas gets real winter weather for a month or so.
How's that possible andy when it's either raining or so foggy that 1. you cannot see the hills and 2. the fog makes everything very wet according to you? Sounds to me like it should be green ALL the time.

Oh wait, you never leave the sunset that's right where there are no green hills
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland