Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
It seems the Federal Government is forcing section 8 housing down the throats of Marin county residents, all in the name of diversity.
But, but, but...ain't y'all in the state where the politically correct declaration is that y'all's CELEBRATIN' yur diversity? I certainly heard little else but in the 20 years I spent in Sacratomato.

Whatta bunch of hooey! Too many white peoples. Oh, the horror. The calumny. People actually wantin' ta live in nice neighborhoods with low crime and among people who speak their language. How DARE they.

The sin of success if you're caucasian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 08:58 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
[LEFT]The lack of diversity is an issue for Marin. It is developing a plan to attract more minorities to the area after being cited by federal agencies.

Cited by federal agencies?

Im not understanding exactly why federal agencies would notice something like that. First of all, Aside from the govt wanting to force Marin County to integrate, what if minorities dont want to live there? Are they going to cross the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge and round up a bunch of us 'coloreds' and truck them over?

Oakland has thousands of wealthy minority households that could live in Marin if they wanted to but choose the East Bay instead. Are we going to be forced to move? I USED TO LIVE IN TIBURON but moved partly because it got kinda boring for my tastes and so I came back to Oakland without any regrets whatsoever.

Furthermore, what about cities that are majority Hispanic or Asian or Black? Are they going to be required to bring more Whites into their cities?

[/LEFT]

Old 04-03-2011, 10:00 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,349 times
I remember when Marin county residents came out against Habitat For Humanity a few years back. Nice to see these NIMBY egalitarian elitist hypocrites get a dose of their own medicine.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Why is it that when a place is majority white it's said not to be diverse but a majority black or hispanic area does not have the same label? I agree that affordable housing should be made available to people but I certainly do not like the reasoning behind it.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:07 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,295,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
But, but, but...ain't y'all in the state where the politically correct declaration is that y'all's CELEBRATIN' yur diversity? I certainly heard little else but in the 20 years I spent in Sacratomato.
Some of the people in Northern California are absolutely brainwashed by the diversity cult. I have a neighbour who praises how great it is to live across the street from a low-income hellhole apartment complex because of the "diversity." Two Mexicans broke into her car one night. Another neighbour recorded it through their window as evidence. My idiot neighbour's response after all this was, "well, you can't beat the neighbourhood for diversity."

Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Why is it that when a place is majority white it's said not to be diverse but a majority black or hispanic area does not have the same label? I agree that affordable housing should be made available to people but I certainly do not like the reasoning behind it.
Oh come on! You know ANYONE has the right to live in a neighbourhood where the median household income is over $90,000 a year.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:54 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
..."well, you can't beat the neighbourhood for diversity."
Translation: "They have different flavors of kool-aid to drink from."

Old 04-03-2011, 01:44 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,504,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
Some of the people in Northern California are absolutely brainwashed by the diversity cult. I have a neighbour who praises how great it is to live across the street from a low-income hellhole apartment complex because of the "diversity." Two Mexicans broke into her car one night. Another neighbour recorded it through their window as evidence. My idiot neighbour's response after all this was, "well, you can't beat the neighbourhood for diversity."
Lol !!! I had a friend visit from Fl and made the following observation after being in the bay area for a week : everyone is so nice here ... You don't see as many idiots as you would in Fl. You see people marry not for looks but achievement ... People are very educated and liberal... But it seems no being exposed to idiots gives them a warped idea of the world .... They think paying higher taxes and giving money away will change everything... They've never interacted with idiots.... People who don't want to be better ... They are around smart hard working people all day and they believe everyone, if given the chance , wants to be that way.... It couldn't be further from the truth

Old 04-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Lol !!! I had a friend visit from Fl and made the following observation after being in the bay area for a week : everyone is so nice here ... You don't see as many idiots as you would in Fl. You see people marry not for looks but achievement ... People are very educated and liberal... But it seems no being exposed to idiots gives them a warped idea of the world .... They think paying higher taxes and giving money away will change everything... They've never interacted with idiots.... People who don't want to be better ... They are around smart hard working people all day and they believe everyone, if given the chance , wants to be that way.... It couldn't be further from the truth

There are plenty of idiots in the Bay Area. Plenty!

San Francisco is proof education and intelligence aren't mutually inclusive. Just look at the people trying to manage that city.

The difference is the idiocracy in the Bay Area is an entirely different dimension from other places. We are talking about a place where they cry about not having enough money to run public transportation one day, then announce free sex changes for city employees the next day.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Bully. I say good thinking for more section 8 in Marin county, bravo. We had too many of those deep thinking liberal moronic hypocrits for clients in the past and I think it is time Marin County put their ideology where their homes are. Bring them by the busload I say and let them mingle at the coffee house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland