Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 21,611 times

Advertisements

My family will be visiting San Francisco on Tuesday, August 7th. We are taking a tour which leaves the Ferry Building at 11:15 am and returns at 4:45. We would like to eat dinner along Fisherman's Wharf. At night we will be going to the Giants game at AT&T Park. Is there a place we can park close to the Ballpark in the morning and then take public transportation for our activities? It would be great to be able to park once and not have to drive around and then have our car waiting after the game. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 02:37 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,723,432 times
When I go to SF, I leave my car at home and take the train, the station being about 2 blocks from AT&T park, so I don't know about parking garages near AT&T park, however there is an big open parking lot south of the ballpark (and parking in SF can be expensive). From AT&T park, you can take a light rail tram (was the N line but recently changed to the T line, I think) to the Embarcadero station and walk to the Ferry building. You can also continue on the light rail streetcar to the Powell St station and go above ground to the end of the cable car line and go to Fisherman's Wharf or Chinatown on the cable car. Go to San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA, Muni, DPT) and look at their maps.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 AM

495 posts, read 1,830,850 times
You can park your car on the west side of Market St. On California, Sacramento etc. I believe after 6pm you can park free and clear. I would then take public transportation or a cab to and from AT&T park. If you're having trouble hailing a cab, Luxor is the best and most reliable. Never call Yellow, they're horrible.

Have fun at the game. Go Giants.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:23 AM

495 posts, read 1,830,850 times
Actually I think Humbuldtrat's advice about lightrail is better. Didn't read it before I responded. But you still have to park your car with a short walk to Market to catch the N Judah (light rail).

Old 07-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Thank you! The lot by the Ballpark would be great. That is exactly what I was hoping for. Do you know the address and whether I can leave it there in the AM and pick it up at night?

Old 07-30-2007, 03:24 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,723,432 times
The big open parking lot(s) are south of the ball park along 3rd Street. You can see it on MapQuest.Com: Maps, Directions and More and click on google earth for a satellite photo. I don't know if they open the lot only on game days or what the story is but I have driven by it many times. Go to the SF giants web page and mabey you can find info about other parking in the area. (Lived here my whole life and never been to Giants game).

Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,299,863 times
The Giants parking lots on 3rd south of the ballpark open 3 hours before game time. You can park all day at the gargage at 5th and Mission. They have a website, Fifth and Mission Parking Garage. This is one block south of Market street. You can walk down Market street to the Ferry building or catch the F car or one of many buses.

AT&T Park is seven blocks from the Fifth and Mission garage. After the game there are bus lines going north on 3rd St. You can take one of these and get off at Mission and have a very short walk to the garage.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:34 AM

I wound up parking at a garage on Townsend St between 2nd & 3rd. I got there around 10 Am and paid $50. We walked down to the Muni station (very short walk) and took a train to the Emarcadero. It was another short walk to the Ferry Building. After our tour we took the train back to the ballpark. It dropped us off right by the left field entrance which was where our seats were. Considering it would have cost us about $30 to park by the Ferry Building and another $40 to park where we did at game time I thought $50 was very reasonable. I didn't have to fight traffic trying to park and it was a breeze leaving the ballpark. It did cost $11 round trip for my family to take the train but the hassle free parking was well worth it. Thanks to everyone for their advice. I had a great time in your city and I got to see baseball history (Bonds broke the all-time HR record the night we were there) as well.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:42 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,173,955 times
It's nice when things work out isn't it.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:56 AM

175 posts, read 731,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo56 View Post
I wound up parking at a garage on Townsend St between 2nd & 3rd. I got there around 10 Am and paid $50. We walked down to the Muni station (very short walk) and took a train to the Emarcadero. It was another short walk to the Ferry Building. After our tour we took the train back to the ballpark. It dropped us off right by the left field entrance which was where our seats were. Considering it would have cost us about $30 to park by the Ferry Building and another $40 to park where we did at game time I thought $50 was very reasonable. I didn't have to fight traffic trying to park and it was a breeze leaving the ballpark. It did cost $11 round trip for my family to take the train but the hassle free parking was well worth it. Thanks to everyone for their advice. I had a great time in your city and I got to see baseball history (Bonds broke the all-time HR record the night we were there) as well.
$50 reasonable to park??!!..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland