Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:42 PM

26 posts, read 67,228 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are taking a trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley in September and are trying to decide on a third location. We thought about Monterey but have also thought about going north up the coast. We would like some place quaint with good restaurants along the coast. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 05:56 PM

300 posts, read 1,849,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseSeller View Post
My husband and I are taking a trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley in September and are trying to decide on a third location. We thought about Monterey but have also thought about going north up the coast. We would like some place quaint with good restaurants along the coast. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mendocino County.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:34 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,173,955 times
Mendocino is what first came to mind as well. It's a nice long drive up the coast from San Francisco. You can stop at numerous places along the way for lunch. Wander around Mendocino, take a ride on the Skunk Train in Fort Bragg, explore the redwoods, play some golf (if you're into that).

Old 07-30-2007, 08:45 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
What about Santa Cruz? Then you can also hit Monterey and Carmel, which are both definite must-sees! If you really want to go north, you can just drive all the way up 101... end in Humboldt County, which is a beautiful and cool little area. Not sure if you have time for that, but if you do, I think it would be a great trip! Also consider Lake Tahoe, which isn't the coast, but one of my favorite places in the world.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Information about Mendocino County

For more information about Mendocino County consult the following sites.

Mendocino County, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mendocino County - Mendocino Lodging, Wineries, Dining and Things to Do in Mendocino

Mendocino Wine Country: Travel, Events, Education, Lodging, Wineries, and Vacation Planning

Old 07-30-2007, 10:43 PM

48 posts, read 405,009 times
Quote:
I think Monterey, Carmel, and Big Sur are wonderful to visit--very beautiful and a lot to do and see.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
If you decide to travel from San Francisco and Napa Valley to Monterey you'll be headed south; however, if you travel to Mendocino, you'll be headed south. Depending on how much time you have, you could visit all three areas.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:11 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,173,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneknowsmyname View Post
however, if you travel to Mendocino, you'll be headed south
Or north as it were.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Or north as it were.
My mistake. I meant north.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 PM

26 posts, read 67,228 times
Default Thank you for the suggestions

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Everyone looks wonderful. I think we've decided to hit Mendocino then Napa then head back to San Francisco. Now we're trying to decide where to stay. Decisions, decisions. Thanks again for the great suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland