Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 08:59 PM

108 posts, read 281,641 times

Advertisements

I'm considering renting a condo here. Any feedback would be appreciated!

ie, would you recommend the complex-- why or why not, etc.

I'm already living in the East Bay, so I understand the location of WC relative to my work. Just need a little help in terms of if this complex is in a good part of WC, if it tends to attract quality residents, etc.

thanks much

Gatorman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Well I lived there when I was younger from age 8-14 and my grandma currently still lives there. We've had family in that complex for probably 25 or so years. We've never rented there though, have always owned but I don't think that will make much of a difference as far as actual living.

The complex is massive and well maintained, very nice grounds. They really do a good job of keeping that place looking nice. It has a ton of amenities as you probably know like pools, tennis courts, a basketball court, gym, steam room, sauna, gym, raquetball court, etc.. I haven't been in those facilities in a while but I'd assume they are still in good condition given how well everything else is maintained. It's pretty well patrolled by security too. I remember they used to have movie and dinner nights where people could socialize, usually older people. Not sure if they still do that but it was pretty cool and created a sense of community. Most people are owners from what I remember so it's not really full of renters. I think that makes it a bit more stable and people have more pride in the complex.

It's in a perfectly fine part of WC, there are not really any "bad" parts of WC though except some dumpy blocks in certain areas. It's within a mile of downtown, so you can take a long walk or ride a bike there. Not too far from the BART station either, prob a 15 min walk and the PH BART station is just a short drive down Civic Dr/Oak Rd. 7-11 is right across the street from the southside of the complex, low 300 buildings. Pretty easy access to freeways too.

It's right next to a middle school so if you live on the south end of the complex in the mid to low 300 buildings, you might here the PE classes during the day. If you work during the day, not an issue then. Other than that the middle school won't cause any issues, there is a fence with locked gates along the trail that straddles the Keys and middle school.

I'd def recommend it and probably would choose it over any other large complex in WC. If there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
I used to sneak into the pool on brutally hot days back when I lived near Concord. Good times

Old 04-18-2011, 11:22 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
oh yeah, speaking of pools. There are three pools and the main one next to the clubhouse doesn't allow kids. So you don't have to worry about screaming kids during summer if you don't want to.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:02 AM

108 posts, read 281,641 times
Hey, this is really helpful info! Thank you for taking the time to post.

When I visited I thought the grounds looked pretty nice, and pretty huge. Better than decent amenities, I think. But nothing beats getting the scoop from an insider (a true insider, in this case). Also comments about location of this complex were very helpful. So thanks for passing along what you know.

Gatorman

Old 03-15-2012, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,600 times
sav858,

The information you provided about the complex seems very useful. I am looking at possibly renting one and I found other reviews that spoke negatively about the complex. Overall, people enjoy the grounds and amenities; however, a lot of people expressed concern about 1) the safety of elevators and 2) the buildings, which some people seem to feel are unstable.

Another thing people kept posting about was 3) property theft and 4) car break-ins, as well as 5) general noise due to thin walls and 6) bad insulation.

Would you be able to speak about any of those things? From your experience or from what you know about your grandmother?

Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland