Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 AM

48 posts, read 148,295 times

Advertisements

My 6 year anniversary is coming up and I wanted to do something nice for my girlfriend. Last year I took her on a helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe, took her on a lake cruise, dinner, and had some chocolate covered strawberries with her on one of the more secluded beaches in Tahoe.

This year my idea is Half Moon Bay. I booked a room and the Ritz-Carlton that has a firepit and overlooks the ocean. I planned on taking her to breakfast, then rent some bikes and ride the coastal trail to a beach nearby where I'm going to have my niece set up a picnic with baloons ahead of time to surprise her. Then back to the hotel and get a couples massage and then dinner.

But I'm wondering if I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere. I dont have a high paying job and I live paycheck to paucheck so the thought of paying 700 dollars for just the room makes me reconsider my options. Although I do think it's worth it, because making her happy is more important than how much money I spend.

So my question to you guys is, what else is there to do within 2 hours of the bay that I should consider looking into? I'm not from The City but I do go to San Francisco a lot. What would you guys suggest or recommend? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Head down to Monterey or Carmel. I am sure you can find something cheaper than $700 a night. How about at the Mission Ranch in Carmel California or The Highlands Inn (a friend got married here, and it was beautiful.). I don't recall how much the rooms were, but again you can downgrade from the Ritz and have a great time. I'd also recommend this restaurant: Passionfish

Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,077,874 times
You're living "paycheck to paycheck" and paying out for helicopter rides? Ok...

There's gotta be some modest but nice hotel for like $200-300 around Monterey. Do that and a nice meal or two and the bike ride thing and if that's not enough for your woman I think she'll have to adjust a bit to reality.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:57 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,299,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
My 6 year anniversary is coming up and I wanted to do something nice for my girlfriend. Last year I took her on a helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe, took her on a lake cruise, dinner.....

I dont have a high paying job...
Sounds like this year it is her turn to take you out!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM

48 posts, read 148,295 times
I do live paycheck to paycheck and I try really hard to save up to do something out of the ordinary for her every year.

As far as her taking me out, that's not possible. She's a full time student that is focusing on school and only works during the summer. The money she makes during the summer has to last her the whole year so I don't let her spend it on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland