Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 12:11 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,162,490 times

Advertisements

We went to Oakland/Alameda today. On the way home it was a beautiful 72° on the West side of the tunnel and a miserable 94° on my side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 AM

179 posts, read 411,022 times
You all think its bad here? You should have been in my former home town.... I called the friend of mine who lives back home in Iowa city Iowa. And the temperature there was 100' F. With like 90% humidity. Its hot even with the AC on.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 AM

3,431 posts, read 5,212,349 times
I am in San Diego right now and we went down to the coast to walk near the Mexican border and see the wildlife on Saturday. It was about 72F and the marine layer/fog came in with a vengeance before sunset. No heatwave near the coast at all. Meanwhile, at my house inland SD it was 88F, and in Walnut Creek where my parents live, it was 96F. So the heat was there, just not at the beaches. Today is foggier in SD but I see SF is off to a much hotter start.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,685,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post
Is this thread a joke? Seriously...

Is the OP from Sacto? I don't get it.....

It is a joke..... once you get to know Andy, you'll understand.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:36 PM

276 posts, read 1,453,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Well, if you're not in SF, then you're under official heat advisories all weekend, so it kind of is unless you're far enough inland to have air conditioning. Those peninsula and Marin folks will be the ones suffering the most because not enough people will have AC. San Jose and up towards Pleasanton and Walnut Creek will be better covered. Drink fluids, people!
I am still seething at my husband for convincing me "you don't need a/c in Marin". Since we moved here over 2 years ago, I figured out we absolutely need it here. When you have the potential to have 90degree +days from May through October, it doesn't make sense Not to have it.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM

506 posts, read 1,151,083 times
I was going to joke about this, but on reflection, it's more a serious question. Can't you guys (any of you suffering with heat) buy a window A/C and stick it in your bedroom window or something? I mean, it's not like every place in the midwest has central air, or that nothing ever breaks. These units are not expensive and pretty easy to get and install. Or am I missing something...?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:00 PM

16,572 posts, read 27,273,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
I am in San Diego right now and we went down to the coast to walk near the Mexican border and see the wildlife on Saturday. It was about 72F and the marine layer/fog came in with a vengeance before sunset. No heatwave near the coast at all. Meanwhile, at my house inland SD it was 88F, and in Walnut Creek where my parents live, it was 96F. So the heat was there, just not at the beaches. Today is foggier in SD but I see SF is off to a much hotter start.
Haha yeah, it's been completely overcast in Chula Vista but warm and a bit humid.

My mom said Oakland is great right now. Glad she doesn't live in an inland place.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:02 PM

16,572 posts, read 27,273,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isebiel View Post
I was going to joke about this, but on reflection, it's more a serious question. Can't you guys (any of you suffering with heat) buy a window A/C and stick it in your bedroom window or something? I mean, it's not like every place in the midwest has central air, or that nothing ever breaks. These units are not expensive and pretty easy to get and install. Or am I missing something...?
The one I have a slightly too big for my window.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 PM

3,431 posts, read 5,212,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin1 View Post
I am still seething at my husband for convincing me "you don't need a/c in Marin". Since we moved here over 2 years ago, I figured out we absolutely need it here. When you have the potential to have 90degree +days from May through October, it doesn't make sense Not to have it.
That's something I definitely agree with. It's ridiculous that people should suffer in their homes in the heat. It gets really hot often enough to warrant it. Just because you may not need it every single day doesn't mean you don't need it often. I hear that argument all the time, and it can fly in San Francisco but not certain cities.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:34 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,034,643 times
It's been burning up all day in Oakland today. The weather for the fireworks should be good tomorrow. I wonder if you could go to the waterfront around Berkeley or Emeryville and see the fireworks in SF for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland