Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:09 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,835,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
the Raiders are not welcome in L.A.
You just said "so many Raider fans in L.A." Therefore, those "so many fans" would ostensibly welcome their favorite team, no? Or are you just yelling at the wall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 07:18 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,312,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
You just said "so many Raider fans in L.A." Therefore, those "so many fans" would ostensibly welcome their favorite team, no? Or are you just yelling at the wall?
I just don't want the Raiders back in L.A., keep their thug gang-banging fans in Oakland

Old 08-14-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
I just don't want the Raiders back in L.A., keep their thug gang-banging fans in Oakland
We get that, but there are way more gang-banging fans in L.A. than in Oakland, football team or no football team.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:45 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,054 times
Quote:
Why, thank you! Soccer fans are the most numerous and most hardcore of all fans throughout the world, so we'll gladly take that.
Hey if you're proud of aligning yourself with the ignorant masses then be my guest! I hear there are a ton of who drive drunk and end up dying in fiery wrecks too. Since you're so keen on being "hardcore" and doing whatever large numbers of folks are doing throughout the world, why not follow suit?

I was referring to the idiocy displayed at soccer games in places like Rio and Sao Paulo, where a friend of mine was dropped off on the wrong side of the stadium by a dirty cabbie who was a fan of the other team, and was in real danger of losing his life. Or another friend of mine who was working a promotion at the Coliseum when there was a Mexico/Ecuador game and imbeciles threw full cans of coke and beer at him as he passed out free drinks to folks supporting either side. So by all means, go right ahead and take pride in being likened to these complete wastes of life.

Quote:
Many Raider fans are also ardent soccer supporters.
Shocker. That kind of just serves as proof of what I was getting at. Thanks.

Quote:
And shall we discuss how many fans there are worldwide of the Raiders, compared to that other team?
Knock yourself out. There are countless numbers of retards and people who are morbidly obese too. Tons of people have debilitating diseases. What are sheer numbers supposed to do for me right here? Why am I supposed to care how many lost souls root for your sorry a$$ team? The Niners are number one in the Bay, hands down, and have a lot more to be proud of. Deal with it.

Quote:
NFL numbers always place them and the Cowboys as the top two far and away.
What NFL numbers? Source please. Far and away? LOL Raidtard fans are known for being completely delusional and for having a disturbing lack of knowledge when it comes to football, and you are doing a fine job of keeping pace. SMH.

How about 9th?

NFL's best fans? We gotta hand it to Steelers (barely) - NFL - ESPN

Or 6th, below even the Browns?

NFL Power Rankings: Who Has the Best Fan Base in the NFL Today? | Bleacher Report

Here's one that puts you clowns at 3rd, so that's kinda close....

Ranking: The 10 Best Fan Bases in the NFL | Bleacher Report

....but not one of them puts the Raidtards at 2nd, and the only reason your horrible team is popular at all on this level in the first place is the whole "parading around like its Halloween everyday" idea. Obviously your claim was bogus, AGAIN.

And shall we discuss how year after year y'all continue to maintain the worst attendance records in football? Shall we?

Packing Them In: Ranking Each NFL Team's Fans Based on Attendance | Bleacher Report

Yeah, that's what I thought. LOL.

Quote:
Nortenos? Really something to be proud of, especially after all that 'Raidtard' gibberish?
Proud of? I guess you can go ahead and try to spin this anyway you want in a futile attempt to sound as though you've made some sort of point - not surprising in the least. But you see, you won't get very far doing that when I was simply responding directly to something that you had already left here IN WRITING.

Let's try this again. Your exact words were: "Niner fans really shouldn't try getting up in the face of Raider fans. It never seems to end well for them." My response to that notion was to point out that you made a BS claim that I could personally verify I have seen too much of the opposite of in real life to not shoot you down right away.

And your ridiculous claim of, "they often seem to morph into some romanticized version of what they think a Raider fan should act like, and thusly attempt to behave like ridiculous thugs, trying feebly to intimidate Raider fans, albeit in a comicly juvenile bumbling manner," brought up my point that there are tons and tons of Nortenos who are Niner fans and a huge contingent of the Niner fans that behave "thuggishly" do happen to be Nortenos. Ipso facto, YOU are saying that no Nortenos could whoop or even intimidate anyone. Which is a pretty full out idiotic thing to even try to insinuate.

Proud of Nortenos? I'm not even speaking on my opinion of them in the slightest. But I'm sure you knew that to begin with and were just spinning my comment that way as a diversion from how idiotic I proved your previous comment to be. Nice try, but your foot is in your mouth regardless. Case in point, yesterday's game (which reminded me of this thread in the first place lol):

49ers vs Raiders 8/20/11 FIGHT 49er fans fight with Raider fans - YouTube

Looks to me like the Niners fans on both sides of that stupid "thuggish" exchange were doing just as good as the Raiders were. I'd post more videos to further shut you down, but I believe I have made my point. But just in case you try and twist my words again, my point is that there is no shortage of Niners fans who can and will whoop your a$$. Believe that. Lol.

Quote:
Maybe we should also discuss the overall Latino contingent of fans of both teams - I would imagine the Oakland team has got that one locked down.
I wouldn't know nor would I begin to care. What exactly would discussing that prove in any way? You made an ignorant, untrue comment and got checked on it. Deal with it and move along.

Quote:
But if you insist on keeping the Nortenos, we'll happily allow you their continued valuable presence. But they may get agitated when presented with sushi and chardonnay.
Better than getting agitated by watching their team get their tail whooped by their crosstown rivals the way yours has been in recent years. You know I will have to look into whether or not this is a fact, but I believe your pathetic NFL doo doo smear of a team is the only one that Alex Smith has played multiple times and is undefeated against. Looks like you guys have a new owner after all LOL!

Oh and btw, you guys looked awesome yesterday. Thanks for the confidence boost lol. Hilarious that Harbaugh opted to run the clock down rather than take the points that were sitting there waiting for us to leave you with the exact same score New Orleans left us with. Congrats on DHB tying his rookie season reception totals and finally leaving the concrete mitts at home!

Last edited by jman650; 08-22-2011 at 01:53 AM..

Old 08-22-2011, 02:31 AM

291 posts, read 688,564 times
I think the 49ers should get their own stadium and the Raiders should move to Los Angeles.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,743,454 times
Screw that... who really wants to deal with the crime spillover and the increased tension between 49ers fans and Raiders fans? Not me.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,440,805 times
If I'm not mistaken, didn't that look like a Niners fan and his Raiders buddy fighting another Niners fan and HIS Raiders buddy???

Sheer insanity either way. Feel bad for anyone who had their kids at the game if they saw that.

Oh, and about the guy who was shot wearing an F the Niners shirt - It's been my experience in life that if you court trouble - SUPRISE! - it will indeed manage to find you!!

Old 08-22-2011, 03:49 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,388,424 times
This is working wonders for the Yorks' ginned up plans (not!).

Like I said elsewhere, the NFL will collapse on itself with Bay Area teams leading the way!

This is what happens when you forget your roots and treat your original fan base like garbage. The new stadium if it ever materializes will have luxo boxes, bleachers and not much in between. The average fan will be left behind (well, really already has been).

Sadly I am not surprised by what happened Saturday. A sign of things to come.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:27 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,598,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
What NFL numbers? Source please. Far and away? LOL Raidtard fans are known for being completely delusional and for having a disturbing lack of knowledge when it comes to football, and you are doing a fine job of keeping pace. SMH.

How about 9th?

NFL's best fans? We gotta hand it to Steelers (barely) - NFL - ESPN

Or 6th, below even the Browns?

NFL Power Rankings: Who Has the Best Fan Base in the NFL Today? | Bleacher Report

Here's one that puts you clowns at 3rd, so that's kinda close....

Ranking: The 10 Best Fan Bases in the NFL | Bleacher Report

....but not one of them puts the Raidtards at 2nd, and the only reason your horrible team is popular at all on this level in the first place is the whole "parading around like its Halloween everyday" idea. Obviously your claim was bogus, AGAIN.

And shall we discuss how year after year y'all continue to maintain the worst attendance records in football? Shall we?

Packing Them In: Ranking Each NFL Team's Fans Based on Attendance | Bleacher Report

Yeah, that's what I thought. LOL.
Here's what I think. lol

So you are telling me, that even with the lowest fan attendance records, whatever the source, they still manage to maintain a top 10 spot as a fanbase. DAMN!

And yes, Raiders fans are everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can take #1 in the Bay Area, I'll take #1 in the world.

(Although your #1 in the Bay Area claim can always be shot down, whenever I feel like shooting it down. Im just waiting for the set up )

Looks like a tag team brawl

A Raiders fan and 49ers fan vs a Raiders fan and 49ers fan

This is funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4x-VBjAtoE

Old 08-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
there is no shortage of Niners fans who can and will whoop your a$$. Believe that. Lol.
Put down the glass pipe and breath, junior.

Still sounding like a cheerleader for thugs here, don'tcha think? And which dude in that video started the fight and got arrested? Not one in Silver and Black.

Then again:
The people that got into all the shyte at the game are thugs that have nothing to do with football anyway. Many have co-opted teams' colors and/or logos as gang affiliations, and in this case go to cheap preseason games to get drunk and fight and make a show of it.

Jed York is pushing a pretty good idea, that being a shorter preseason, and suspension of the Raider/Niner series. This NorCal gang stuff at games has gotten ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland